winters here

mandatory reconsideration UC

hello to all, my first post here.  can I please ask if anyone knows, what happens when the dwp move a claimant from the universal credit lcwra group to the lcw group.  I know I can make a mandatory reconsideration, I have everything ready to that with a local advisory place if I can get an appointment soon, but I cant find out online if I will get paid benefits while this is going on.  I will prob have a wait to get to the advisor appointment but I have been able to get info in case that doesn't happen in time.  I just worried that I wont get any benefit payment at all if I ask for reconsideration.  it says on line that it can take a whihle.

any help is gratefully accepted.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I can't find the answer to your question online, but there are people here who understand the system better than I can. They should be along later to advise.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes you will receive UC payment, but a reduced amount.  If you have had a limited capability for work award that has existed before 3rd April 2017, you should receive the LCW amount of £126.11 instead of the £336 LCWRA amount. Rest of claim still the same. If original award only existed after 3rd April 2017, the £126.11 is not payable, so will be £336 down on what was paid previously.

In terms of Job Centre requirements, you will in work preparation, so an appointment to discuss way forward with a Work Coach.  You won't be required to have too regular appointments, as if you were required to look for work in the near future. Work Coach will confirm how often they want to see you.

https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/new-to-universal-credit/health-conditions-or-disabilities/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread