BankFodder BankFodder

Mustafa

XS direct

Hi, I got in to an accident recently.

I accepted liability for the accident.

They still sent me some to take down a statement of me and help me fill out accident report form.

During this mentioned I used the car for work, but I just look at my policy and it excludes work.

Saying this, the accident happened 1am on a Sunday and I was out with mate.

So it social night out.

Any advice would be appreciated? 

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I expect people will be along to advise later, please bear with us until they can get here.

In the meantie, I've removed a couple of duplicate posts by you, please continue to post on this thread. :)

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hopefully should not be a problem, as the accident occurred when you were using the car for social purposes.

But they might come back to you advising that due to your admission that you were using the car for work on occassions, that you had not given them accurate information.  They might use this to try to avoid the claim, by cancelling the policy.

They should not do this, without coming back to you, asking for exact details of usage, to understand the risk and underwrite the policy based on the correct details. Only if they would never have provided Insurance, would it be correct to cancel the policy and not pay you any claim money. They would still pay the third party and you would have to pay them back.

XSDirect are part of large American Insurance group and sometimes according to online reports, they can try to avoid paying claims, if there is any reason found not to do so. So you may end up in a long running dispute. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Make sure you put commuting on any renewed policy, that then covers your drive to work, if yo go to more than one location you may have to be specific, but as UB says best to be safe.  Volunteers doing unpaid work can fall into this trap also, as they would not be covered under Social Domestic, Pleasure cover.  Non Exec Directors, even unpaid ones on Third Sector Boards, need business cover, to claim their out of pocket expenses.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I'm the middle of a claim with a company by looking at the reviews are [problematic] XS direct.

My policy doesn't cover me going to work, but I did Mentioned to them that I use the car for work. I excepted liability.

My car isn't a right off.

Doesn't it mean they won't cover the cost of both cars and I'll end up paying? 

So I'll have to pay for the other car?

Is there a way to stop the claim. I

f myself and the other car agree? 

Don't panic ! See what happens.

Once the claim has been submitted, difficult to withdraw.

Remember that if you agreed with the other driver to deal with their claim privately outside of the Insurances, that you would be agreeing to deal with everything.  So if the other driver decided that they had an injury, they could take you to Court seeking compensation.

XSDirect policies usually have a £3000 all sections excess, which means that you would be liable for up to £3000 anyway. If XSDirect decided to cancel the Insurance, because of your error in not including commuting to work, the amount could be more than £3000.

Just wait to see what happens with the claim. If you want to use the car for commuting, you must declare this to XSDirect and pay the extra premium.  I would suggest that you contact them to update your policy to include commuting and pay the extra premium. Do this before you hear about the claim.  Just say that you intend to start using the car to commute.