BankFodder BankFodder

Sign in to follow this  
just_jue

BCT ..helping friend with VY ..they found damage??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3281 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I am helping a friend with his VT with British Credit Trust.

BCT have sent him through a form that states that any dents will incur a charge of £70 and any tyres that need changing will also incur a charge as well as some other items. They are also wanting to charge for collection.

Now I know that they are not charge collection from the National Debtline website. But as these charges are not confirmed in the terms and conditions are they allowed to charge these? As under the VT rules as long as you have taken reasonable condition you will have no more to pay.

Also as the car was not supplied with any road tax does it have to have some when returned.

Thanks

JJ

Guest repo threat

One presumes that the vehicle will be maintained by the Hirer at all times. If the tyres are not illegal, one would not expect them to be changed or charged for. LIkewise, the odd supermarket trolley dint is fair waer and tear over a period of time.

Hi, thanks for that, in my opinion charging for slight dents on a 7 year old car is just a money making scheme. I have advised him to try and video any inspection that is done.

JJ

Hi, thanks for that, in my opinion charging for slight dents on a 7 year old car is just a money making scheme. I have advised him to try and video any inspection that is done.

JJ

Hi,

I have in front of me a copy of BCT's usual T & C's and under the section entitled "Termination : Your Rights" the last part states

"If you have already paid at least this amount (figure previously given @ 50% of total) plus any overdue instalments, you will not have to pay any more, provided you have taken reasonable care of the goods"

What you will have to do is agree with BCT what is "reasonable care". To me normal wear & tear should cover the odd dinge in a panel etc. Regarding tyres, so long as they are legal for driving on the road you should not have to change them. however if they are illegal you will need to change them.

Regards,

G

Also wouldn't BCT have to prove the dents did not exist when the car was sold (assuming it wasn't a new car)

True hadn't thought of that.

Thanks

JJ

Ensure that your VT is clear that you are exercising your right under s99 Consumer Credit Act 1974. I've seen a fair amount BCT cases where they try and argue the car was voluntarily surrendered rather than terminated.

Sign in to follow this