Xercise4Less/Harlands/CRS "Admin" fees

Loo96
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I have recently cancelled my gym membership but I am now been hounded by them.

They originally emailed me saying that i owed them £12.79 for the September payment plus a £25.00 admin fee, I have now received another email stating the same for October, so it is now a total of £75.00

I joined the gym on 27th February 2018 and therefore I am well within my rights to cancel the membership.

I have tried to contact the gym, but they are quite frankly been very unhelpful. 

I am worried that if I don't pay, it will affect my credit rating as I am in search for a house next year, so for this to affect my chances of getting a mortgage would be awful.

If anyone can help me with the next steps I should take?

Hi Loo and welcome to CAG

Please read other threads that all confirm the same things. For example

Harlands try to bully folk into paying admin fees but they don't take court action.

* They threaten all sorts of action but this will not affect your credit rating at all.

See this post - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/418126-another-exercise4lessharlands-query/?do=findComment&comment=5009017

Carefully adapt the letter to Harlands and follow the advice in that thread about the address and proof of posting. Once Harlands fail to accept your offer to pay one month's fee for the notice period, just ignore them.

😎

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Harlands address in Haywards Heath. Easy to find on the Web

👍

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 1 month later...

you should be blocking and bouncing all emails regarding any supposed debts

same as you should never discuss debt at your door nor over the phone to any DCA.

a dca is not a bailiff

and have

zero legal powers on any debt.

in this case as you've been reading like threads

you should already be aware CRS are harlands in a different frock

look at the addresses.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Loo,

I just removed your name from post #4 above - anonymity is good, both here and on the net in general.

They can demand  any amount they say you owe - that does NOT make it payable !!

Ignore but keep us posted.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello both,

@slick132 @dx100uk

I have just received another email from CRS claiming court action. I am obviously ignoring/ blocking emails etc. Just wanted to keep you informed. 

Thank you for your help also, you have made me very confident in my actions. If it wasn’t for these forums, I may have even paid the sum of money or would be worries about the demanding and intimidating emails from Harlands and CRS. 

many thanks 

as post 7.

read it properly

it doesn't say WILL anything.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Loo,

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you're not taking the threats seriously anymore.