• Tweets

• Your concern regarding the 14 days delivery is a common one. Not been on the forum that long, but I don't think the following thought has ever been challenged. My view is that they should have proof of when it was posted, not when they "issued", or printed it. Of course, they would never show any proof of postage, unless it went to court. Private parking companies are simply after money, and will just keep sending ever more threatening letters to intimidate you into paying up. It's not been mentioned yet, but DO NOT APPEAL! You could inadvertently give up useful legal protection and they will refuse any appeal, because they're just after the cash...  
    • The sign says "Parking conditions apply 24/7". Mind you, that's after a huge wall of text. The whole thing is massively confusing.  Goodness knows what you're meant to do if you spend only a fiver in Iceland or you stay a few minutes over the hour there.
    • Hi and thanks It looks like they ticked all the boxes to me but I'll try and upload the notice. I was wondering if a witness to late delivery might be considered proof - I'm assuming they posted it as normal but Royal Mail stuffed up delivery. If not then they're really saying it just has to be posted within 12 days of the incident, regardless of when it is received. Annoying! edit ok thanks Honeybee here's my 2nd (actually 3rd) attempt at anonymising, copying and uploading the notice! Sorry about the state of it - I sat on it while distracted by my dog 🙃 pcn front.pdf pcn back page.pdf
    • ROFL - dont get upset just because someone (quite a lot of someones) dont want smart meters - well unless you get paid for it .. in which case ...   I assume you haven't been with Octopus long enough to be on one of the very long fixed price tariffs they offered before the prices went bonkers .. and that you dont use your electricity in the evening/lunch time if you think the 'agile type tariffs are good value .. let alone worth installing a smart meter for - high price a good disincentive for an evening cuppa eh? Let alone all your computer/tv etc time in the peak price evening or lunch time. - and boy do those peak prices instantly hammer your bill when those Russian and middle eastern issues kick off.   I would only have considered a smart meter if solar panels had been an option for me - but roof is oriented completely the wrong way. Oh - and My opinion hasn't changed since the smart meter trials 40 years ago, because neither have the issues (well not enough) but I'm happy for you. Be happy for me.
    • Hi. I'm afraid I've had to hide your post with the pdf files to keep this anonymous for you. You've left the PCN reference number and your car reg showing. Could you edit that and repost please? HB    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Moneybarn took car from private car park, no default issued? wanted to VT, they refused

starryeyed89
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As the title suggests

I had a agreement for a car with Moneybarn,

over this past year our finances have dramatically changed and we missed several payments.

I tried sorting this out with moneybarn however they weren't really much help!

4/10/19 I received a 'termination notice'

I rang them up and offered to pay IN FULL our arrears but this was declined,

they gave me 3 options

1) voluntary surrender

2) pay a lump sum and the car would be ours

3) Court agreement keep the car and restart payments (cant remember the official term),

this was the 7/10/2019,

they said they would give me 7days til the 14th to decide what to do.

I looked on this site and found I can voluntarily terminate so I did,

letter sent 11/10/19 (template from here) recorded delivery and an email sent same day.

Received a phone call from a company wanting to collect the car and a letter stating someone would be in touch to collect the car,

thought that was the end of it

their letter didn't state I had voluntarily terminated

I emailed them stating I wished to do this and I WAS NOT voluntarily surrendering.

Fast forward to today the car was taken away and i received an email stating that 

'I can confirm that we did receive your request to voluntary terminate your agreement, but this was after your agreement was already terminated on 04/10/2019.'

Where do I stand?

I cant seem to find anywhere online that states I cant voluntary terminate after they have already terminated but I have a feeling I am indeed in the wrong and I will have to pay what is left after the car is auctioned.

I do not remember receiving a default notice but I cannot prove this either way.

What are my best options is it a case of just hoping the car goes for more so I eventually pay less??

TIA Starryeyed

you shouldn't of let the car go till things were sorted.

the repo guy has zero legal powers and you should have told him to do one.,

MB have been castigated by the authorities numerous times for these unfair tactics.

they know they cant simply make up their own rules.

you need to findout if they did send a DN

as without it, they are stuffed.

they cant just rock up and take the car without one

when did you take out the finance and how long for?

are you passed 1/3rd?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I didn’t receive the email til 4 o’clock this evening after the car was taken this morning, up until that point I thought I had voluntarily terminated and there were arranging to take the car back because of this. 

Totally agreement was around 11k

we started the agreement June 2018,

I worked out I had paid £2690 so I am under the third, it was for 4 years. 

I am unable to find a DN, but like I said they could have sent it and I have misplaced it.

Do they have any record of it their end and how can I prove I didn’t receive one if in fact I didn’t. 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they should

and have been reprimanded before

for not outlining Voluntary Termination

in their list of options.

and they

Hi dx.

I have signed up for creditkarma (it was free but shows everything).

On my moneybarn account it says late payment.

I’m glad I actually signed up as I have seen a debt I totally forgot about that says default. 

Therefore am I right in thinking that I do not have a default notice from money barn, as it just states late payment.

October’s status isn’t on there yet but according to moneybarn the agreement ended the 4th October therefore I would have had a default notice sent in September which I can see and just states late payment. 

Can you confirm what I’m thinking? 

plenty of moneybarn threads here to read.

getup to speed.

get an sar running to them .

where was the car taken from , on the public road?

and they

just click sar.

ummm...a powerless repo guy should not be taking anything from private land, if it is, please check.

is the carpark of the rented place you live at...expand..

also were you in

did he come around, should have done

but ofcourse if there is no default notice

then he wont as he knows on 2 counts its an unlawful repo ..

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS.

Anglia was it?

and they

Yes it is the communal car park for the residents of the 2 blocks of flats. 

No it was Burlington?

Yes I was in,

they called the week before and arranged a time to come round

, as I thought due to myself sending a VT this was them collecting it. 

Im pretty sure there is no default notice as my credit file doesn’t show it.

I also received a letter stating I would be charged £25 for a polish of the car and that they expect it to go for £500-£1000 at auction.

This is a car I got for nearly £6000 June 2018

. It’s ridiculous!  

• dx100uk changed the title to Moneybarn took car from private car park, no default issued? wanted to VT, they refused

have you not read it?

its a legal request for everything they hold on you

and they

you click sar and send that.

yes it gets you everything concerning you and your dealings with them your data.

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Hello dx. I’m still waiting for my sar from moneybarn,

This morning I had an email saying something had changed on my credit file.

This was moneybarn adding default to my account.

I’m taking this as they hadn’t done it in September like they had said.

Therefore can I ask what my next steps should be about sorting this out?

Thanks 

Await the sar

and they

however I will say this is looking very good for you.

they have repo'd a car from private property without issuing a default notice 

that means they have broken [voided] section 99/100 I think it is of the consumer credit act.

this means you are entitled to the car back [or equivalent market value] 

and all your payments.

however we need the sar data to prove this.

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I have received the SAR today. Looks like they did send a default notice, looking at it neither me or my husband remember ever seeing the letter. However, I know we cannot prove this like they can and have....

I guess there is nothing more I can do? 
Thanks for all your help 

hey don't throw in the towel yet..moneybarn are inept atleast and make and interpret rules as they go along.

how many pages are we looking at here in total?

and they

not too worried about the letters but certainly the comms log and statements are useful to paw thru.

the letter can be a sep upload if necessary

have you got a scanner?

and they

statements

comms log

letters can all be a sep upload.

just the redaction is the diff bit.. please be careful.

read upload carefully

and they

Hi S

am afraid you cannot terminate if the agreement has already been terminated by the creditor.

Can I ask How much you paid off the car before they took it.

If you had paid one third, then the car was protected goods and the could not have taken it without a court warrant.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS