Lowell chasing old Vanquis CC Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction.

I have a vanquis credit card (heaven forbid!) and I have always paid more than the monthly minimum amount.

Upon checking my credit file on Equifax the other day I see that they have put me into an arrangement to pay since February 2012! This is obviously having an impact on my credit card.

I have sent them a secured email but surprise surprise they have not replied and I have also raised this issue with Equifax and they are investigating.

Is there a standard letter that I could send getting them to amend my credit file and not provide inaccurate information?

I can happily put one together, but I just thought I would ask if there was a standard letter.

Thanks in advance :-)

• 7 years later...

Hello,

I had a reminder to pay an old Vanquis CC debt from Lowell

I sent them a CCA request, which has now been received. 

I recall doing this back in 2017 and because they didn't send me a credit card agreement I disputed the balance owed. 

Ever since then I just receive the standard "you owe money", "we have reduced it by 40% blah blah blah" to get me to pay up.  I have just ignored them until recently. 

Reason being is because they hit me with a claim form for another old debt and I didn't want to be in the same situation with this given the Default is due to drop off my credit file next month.

So.........attached is their reply dated 25th October 2019, along with a print out of my so say online application. 

There is also a letter from Vanquis confirming the opening of my account,

however, this was clearly a photocopy that was sent to me which anyone could have made!

Attached also is the "application" form which has been printed off, no signature no nothing.

Looking at the statement, the last payment made was on the 30th May 2013, according to Equifax the date of Default was 29th November 2013. 

There is no previous information during 2013 or before on Equifax

I have checked Credit Karma, there is nothing showing pre October 2014.

Now unless I am mistaken, this account is Statute Barred and there is nothing that Low Lifes can do about this? 

They have given me until the 22nd November 2019 to respond.

I have only added the last page of the transaction statement so you can see the date.  

If someone could let me know that would be great and if I am able to send the relevant SB letter, do I get and send it now or wait until their deadline date?

cca return.pdf

that's not a CCA return

ignore them until/unless you get a letter of claim.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cant believe they are still using that template and trying to pass it off as a Consumer Credit Agreement.:roll:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

as post 3

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...