job change

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

after the FIL's workplace closing theres now another issue ive been asked about in the family

the brother in laws workplace wish him to change his job

he's currently a warehouse manager with a car parts firm, they've told him they now need him to change role to delivery driver, and that he has no options - pretty sure hes been there 5 years 

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

that's a bit thin on info.

Change of location or pay or shifts?

can he drive?

does he want the change?

is the warehouse job being done by anyone else?

Edited by Emmzzi

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Sorry I was in work and a bit lax of info

Same hours and pay

Same location 

He can drive

Really doesn't want to do the delivery job however, one of the reasons he went for warehouse instead 

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

It's not a demotion; so no route there.

As you will recall, the aim of the law is to keep people in jobs. Does he have any good reasons for not doing driving other than "don;t want to?" Like, change in work pattern incompatible with childcare?  Two warehouse managers and he doesn't understand why the other one has been picked to manage the warehouse, etc?

He is of course free to quit and find a new job... no one is making him continue to get paid...

Edited by Emmzzi

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Thank you 

Will pass info on

Please note: