Mail Order Identity Theft

Mal2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I'm not entirely sure I am in the right place but my 68-year old mother is the victim of identity theft.

She only became aware of it yesterday when she received a letter from Clearance365 and Kaleidoscope asking her to verify that she wanted to open online accounts. After speaking to them, an order was placed on the 17th October but they suspected fraud and put the order on hold.

I've run her credit report on MSE Credit Club and Credit Karma and there have been accounts opened with SimplyBe, Jamaco and Fashion World between 16-17th October and one even has  the incorrect DOB noted on the credit file entry. We haven't been able to get in touch with these yet. There's also searches for New Day (I assume Marbles) credit card (but just a quotation) and Studio Retail Ltd (guess another mail order company). I know Action Fraud are next to useless so before filing reports for each account is it worth sending a SAR to each company to try and find out as much information as possible? I think it will have to be done for all the JD Williams ones anyway because we don't have any account numbers yet.

TIA

you can also let the credit reference agencies know so they can set up a system that forces anyine offering her credit to contact her for a password they have to use to enable them to access her files and more importantly, report on them.

The hard bit is making the CRA's actually do this rather than talk about doing it