Calderdale College/Brachers PAPLOC Now claimform - College Course Fee - Paid by DD until Forced to Leave by Calderdale College - want remaining years Fee.

ElDiego10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

for whatever reason..you has a dispute and were forced to leave the college.

it's not for you to tell us nor them what the dispute that led to this was about - a dispute exists with their client - that is none of their business , they STA/Hads are mere goffers for the college their client.

I will also assume , and I 100% bet, the college has no idea this current round of threat-o-grams is going on.

you will simply be a single line in a debt portfolio spreadsheet the college has forwarded to them under a deal to try and gain back old outstanding fees.

don't lose sight of the college will be the people that take you to court, and their actions and those of the relevant staff etc will be bought into play if they do, be them right or wrong.

I seriously doubt a college be them right or wrong will ever want that accountability to happen.

court in this instance will be no big deal, the dentist is scarier!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your prompt reply! I'm not overly stressed about it, as you say and I know I have a strong case. 

When you put it like you have with regards to the college having to come out and other people - it seems more of a headache for the college to do that! 

I shall be back with the next round of updates should it come DX! You've been great. 

:yo:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DX - just had a thought - is it worth emailing the college about the policy they are quoting in their letter?

Or would you advice to leave it?

If they do not send something, then that is in my favour (should it come to it) and if they do send something - I feel I'll be OK to distinguish it from myself. 

Also - having read the letter from hadfield carefully, their client is indeed STA, who cant do anything anyway.

no don't get confused by words..

their client is the college

that fact they that are acting on behalf of STA is meaningless

as is STA's letters in the 1st place. powerless DCA's as are all DCA's on ANY debt.

await to see if you do get a letter of claim from had's for their client the college

then we'll deal.

I would suspect, as with all these here you'll read, the client never knows what is acyually going on until they findout they have raised a court claim they knew nothing about!.

most uni/college admin depts. are pretty inept and clueless and at any sniff of a valid documented dispute usually drop any court claims once confronted with the true facts.

dx

and they

• 3 months later...

Hi just thought I'd update this. In these hard times one would think that the so called debt collectors would take a break! But nope, still trying to extort money from people. I've had the usual barrage of calls, number is blocked so just getting voice messages.

I received a letter last month, it is a standard letter from the others I received, interesting that they have reverted backwards from sending one from their solicitors and saying they will proceed with legal action if I don't get back to them - I guess not! 

Not really worried or fussed about this anymore tbh. Just keeping this updated for anyone else in a similar situation. Hopefully when they go bust or get bored of calling me, I will have a closing post on this!

Stay safe everyone! 

• 10 months later...

Hi,

This is a follow on from - STA International -chasing uni course fees debt - Page 2 - Students - Consumer Action Group - I am not sure how to post in the thread or who to contact. 

I'm a little stressed right now, but have received a letter from STA which is "the Pre-Action Protocol under the Civil Procedure Rules and the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct). Its basically saying that I can either pay the debt, challenge it or if I don't do anything, they may refer it for court action. 

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Responding to pm 

i have opened and merged things

if its a letter of claim with a reply pack scan up the 1st page to pdf

nothing to stress about

and they

If you click letter of claim, there are various examples of now to respond.

use our pdf.

obv you cant send a CCA , but i suggest in the reason line you add something like the debt is in serious dispute as you 1st post

and they

Thanks for the reply.

the reply form is exactly the same as in the thread.

I tick BOX D and just write out what has been the gist of this thread?

Is it better to include more information, including "refund policies" found on the college site which they are using for this?

As I am not claiming a refund, my argument is that I paid up until the day I was withdrawn from the course as it is a quassi-contract.

Is it worth taking pictures of all letters received from the college and attack them point by point?

I have an email from a tutor saying that the tutor withdrew me from the course - do I attach that as well?

The indemnity is unfair contract terms based on having to make a disadvantageous declaration. 

Can I put this in a document and send it to you? 

And do I then send this to STA? 

Thanks.

no do NOT go into detail.

something like this:

NOTE ONLY USE THE ATTACHED FORM below

DO NOT USE THE FORM SUPPLIED BY THE IN THEIR PAP LETTER!!

DO NOT GIVE or USE EMAIL

USE ROYAL MAIL 1st class - get free proof of posting from any PO counter - no need to waste money on recorded etc.

box D tick

I dispute this alleged debt because it was subject too and still remains - in serious dispute with Calderdale College.

box I tick

I need a copy of..

Original signed agreement together with the terms and conditions 
Any notice of change in account terms and conditions that were ever issued since approval
Any notice of default or equivalent that was issued by Calderdale College.
All and every statement of the account including how any interest has been calculated.

All data be that in  - emails, letters or notes to/from myself with Calderdale College or its staff.

no need to do the financial statement etc anything else or send anything else bar the above

do NOT give them ANY phone numbers nor email - and if you haven't already go sanitise ALL your social media outlets like linked in/Fbook/Twitter etc of all easily findable WORK/relative/family member info too.. as IDWRR/CWD etc WILL contact them to hassle you

PRINT your name

never sign the form

return the completed PAP form below to the solicitors that sent the Letter of Claim to you

attain free proof of posting for at any PO counter

1st class mail will do. recorded is a waste of money

reply form PAP.pdf

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to STA/Hadfield PAPLOC College Course Fee - Paid by DD until Forced to Leave by Calderdale College - want remaining years Fee.

paploc should be sent by a solicitor

so its not from Branchers LLP.?

and they

No, at the bottom of the letter it says "should you not respond to this letter of claim within 60 days, we will instruct Brachers LLP to issue a claim" 

I've been thinking of maybe sending STA a letter against their conduct referencing the FCA Consumer Credit point 7.5.3 etc. But looking at the letters, its all from STA - not from Brachers LLP.

If you look at the PDF I uploaded a few posts up, maybe you could shed some light on it?

Thanks.

Edited by ElDiego10

re FCA Consumer Credit point 7.5.3

well to date STA are not aware of any dispute...

PAPLOAC is 30 days 

and they can instruct their dog all they like...means nothing..

mine doesn't do as it's told either so ....

doesnt mean WILL..

and they

well to be correct sorry you've informed them of the dispute since last year if i remember correctly and again now in your PAP reply...

however, dispute...or not 

A firm must not ignore or disregard a customer's claim that a debt has been settled or is disputed and must not continue to make demands for payment without providing clear justification and/or evidence as to why the customer's claim is not valid.

doesn't mean they shouldn't be chasing nor stop. 

but whatever ...without providing clear justification and/or evidence as to why the customer's claim is not valid.

means is debatable though it would be nice for them to have acknowledged there was one..

p'haps they hope you forgot...

just sent the PAP reply.

dx

and they

just post exactly as directed.

after that yours is not the next move.

• Thanks 1

and they

• 1 month later...