Has anyone had trouble with Orange?

Bran1507

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My partner has recently switched network provider on his mobile phone to O2 from Orange (as he can;t get a good signal at work and wants to switch to a pay as u go deal) and has had an ongoing battle to unlock his phone for over 2 months now and cannot get anywhere with them. The last issue was they e-mailed an unlocking code to him this morning after waiting for over a week for it and it didn't work??? Was told several weeks ago to go the Orange shop who then referred him to a dodgy bloke round the corner who unblocks phones!! Its all a mess and they want to charge him £20 to unlock the phone and he's obviously stressed with it all as he's still been paying huge bill's to them over the last 2 months or so whilst this has supposedly being sorted!! Any advice anyone as we want to send them a letter, their customer services is a joke, call themselves a communication company???

Carol

:cool: 20/07/06 - DPL sent

11/08/06 - Chased and faxed DPL letter to Halifax

1 week later received full set of statements (4 yrs)

:o 19/08/06 - Request for £2908.31 letter sent inc interest

:-| 22/08/06 - Standard resp rec'd

:oops: 5/09/06 - Offer of £236 rec'd (are they avin a laff?)

5/08/06 - Sent LBA

8/09/06 sent letter, will accept as part settlement from Halifax not full etc.

12/09/06 - Rec'd offer of £657 (6 mnths charges as full settlement)

15/09/06 - sent letter will accept as part payment on understanding I will recover the remainder etc...

:confused: 19/09/06 - Rec'd another offer of £717? No Deal!

25/09/06 - submitted moneyclaim for full amount + court costs

:D 29/09/06 - Halifax settled in full, £3,028.31

23/10/06 - Halifax credit card settled in full

20/1106 - MBNA stettled in full

23/1106 - Halifax cardcash settled in full

I would not touch Orange with a barge pole and am about to sue them,using whichever Act,s i am not so sure yet.

Herewith my statement

Statement of Fact

29/11/06 from notes made the previous evening.

Details of mobile telephone call to Orange Customer Services on 28/11/2006

using pay as you go mobile telephone 07790179312,to discuss the loss of use of mobile number 07973*******, this is the second hour long telephone call to them.

The previous one was approximately a month ago.Various letters have been sent since the original call.

18.17 hours dialled 450,busy press 2,2,2 put on hold customer waiting.

18.42 hours spoke to Linu (Asian,this purely for identity purposes and no offence meant or implied) ext 66619. I explained that my mobile number 07973****** (now called the 'phone') was either on call bar or more importantly had been electronically flagged (which means an indicator that can be set to indicate a condition in a program,usually more permanent than a call bar),i sensed this because the phone was on,appeared to be in working order, the Orange logo was on the dial face and when you dialled the number a female voice says that 'this phone is out of service',as against 'this phone is temporary unavailable'-which would have indicated a call bar,so this indicated the phone was in order,but either of the above had been implemented.Linu said he was looking at the notes regarding the phone and put me on hold at 18.50 hours whilst he spoke to his colleague.He came back on at 18.54 hours and said he was passing me over to someone else,before he passed me over i asked him who the Orange Company secretary was,he did not know but said the director of Orange retail was a Mike Hughes.

18.54 hours I was now passed over to Dip ext 54288 (another Asian) and explained to him the situation,he said there was no call bar and he could not understand what the problem was but would sought it out,and put me on hold at 18.58.

19.03 hours i was now passed over to Brian ext 21649,i further explained the situation and he seemed a little more clued up. I said to Brian 'will you do me a favour and look on your computer and see if this phone has been flagged,not call barred, flagged',he admitted it had been flagged and said this had been carried out by the Orange centre at Darlington on 21/10/06 and he did not think he could remove the flag.I asked if he knew why and he said it was something to do with fraud.He tested the phone and the SIM card and said they appeared ok,he said he would do his best and said he would telephone me or get some else to telephone me shortly on my landline that evening (28/11/06) which is 0152*******,he phoned me on this number a minute later 19.21 hours and said he would look into it further and signed off at 19.25 hours. Nobody from Orange has phoned me since and i have not left the house,it is now 15.05 hours on the 29/11/06.

Factual Background

I wrote to Orange Correspondence Department on the 20/09/06 at Patchway Bristol, complaining inter alia of overcharging me.

I had no reply,so wrote again on the 17/10/06,and on the 24/10/06 i sent them a fax to 08703748129,this is the fax number for Orange at Patchway,Bristol,which is

Page 2 Statement of Fact

where,i sent the original correspondence.I did not receive a reply to the fax.

I received a vacuous letter reply dated 26/10/06 from a Mr Neil Wetherill,address was Senthouse Road,Darlington,Co.Durham.Further exchanges of letters to Mr Wetherill,have been made and he is well aware of my situation to do with the phone.I have not been able to make or receive calls from this phone since 26/09/06 (when it was blocked,presumably because i complained) and yet are continually billed for the service plan.

I am up to date with my Orange account.

Orange hold my PAK code (i.e. my 07973****** no.which i have had for 10 years and is a business number) and refuse to return it,or put my phone in working order.

I believe Orange have violated the Theft Act 1968,and also violated the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.

I have spoken to and been issued with a crime incident number 397-S- by Sally (I.D. ****) at West Mercia Police Headquarters at Hindlip (tel no.,Worcs. at 13.34 hours on 20/11/06.

This matter was previously discussed in detail with PC 2***** at Bromsgrove Police Station,Worcs. before and on the 20/11/06.

I have spoke again with Hindlip today to arrange an interview.

My targets to resolve this matter.

I wish West Mercia Police to investigate thoroughly this alledged theft (especially the wilful application of the flag by the Collection Operations at Darlington)and will be applying for a County Court action for the return of my monies,in the near future.

I have now just had a lengthy telephone call from PC ****** from approximately

16.25- 16.48 hours today 29/11/06 who says he does not think this a Police matter,as it does not come under the Theft Act,this i dispute and will be writing to the Complaints Department at West Mercia Headquarters,Hindlip,Worcs.

I believe the above to be true.

Greg 29/10/06

A copy of this Statement of Fact and all previous correspondence will be handed to a member of West Mercia Constabulary,Hindlip,Worcs.when i receive a date for my interview.

Any comments regarding this matter would be gratefully received

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

click my scales if you think i am helpful ! yes LHS down there !!

Once more into the breach dear friends,once more

or close the wall up with our banks dead ,

The games afoot,follow your spirit and upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry' England and St George

Henry V battle of Agincourt 1415

• 3 years later...

Hi,

The police are correct it's not a criminal act you need to take a civil action against them. It's very easy to do and you don't need to use a solicitor to do so, you need to go to your local County Court and take out a civil action against them.

It will only cost you a few pounds but if you are successful you will get your fees back if you make a claim for them, also claim for the anguish and frustration you have had to suffer in the process before taking legal action.

Before you do so you need to write to Orange, send it by recorded delivery so you have proof of postage, and notify them that if they haven't sorted your problem out within 28 days then you will be taking legal action against them.

The people that work at County Court are very helpful and will give you as much help as you need. it will make Orange realise that you are serious and then take notice of you, and it will also cost them a lot more money than you because they will have to involve their legal department once the action is raised.

They will also try to make it last as long as possible and usually companies like this will let it linger until the day before the court hearing and then make a settlement, or they will just not appear on the day of the hearing and you will automatically win your case, just make sure you don't take any settlement earlier and then live to regret doing so.

If it does go to court it can quite daunting for you if its something your not used to, but just remember you have done nothing wrong and Judge is a very understanding person and will understand any nervousness you may be feeling.

Just prepare your case by writing down exactly what has happened in date order.

Try to keep things as short and as uncomplicated as possible so that when the Judge reads it prior to the court appearance he or she can easily understand what has gone on.

More people need to make these large companies liable for their actions and if more did so they would certainly change their attitude to what they class as the little people, good luck with your claim.

Salacia

Edited by Salacia
erros corrected