Rob vs The Co-operative Bank

robbie_ship
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right. Got this under way at last. I sent off the SAR about a month ago and only last week received the copies of all my account activities (along with a transcript of all the notes made on my account by various Co-op bank employees).

I tallied everything up on the charges spreadsheet provided on here and found that I've been charged £1223 in charges and £51.96 in interest.

I sent off the prelim letter on Friday 24th November.

Previously, I wasn't financially prepared to start up the claim if it came to it.

I'm focused on this and ready to take it through to whatever end I need to.

Right. Got this under way at last. I sent off the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) about a month ago and only last week received the copies of all my account activities (along with a transcript of all the notes made on my account by various Co-op bank employees).

I tallied everything up on the charges spreadsheet provided on here and found that I've been charged £1223 in charges and £51.96 in interest.

I sent off the prelim letter on Friday 24th November.

Previously, I wasn't financially prepared to start up the claim if it came to it.

I'm focused on this and ready to take it through to whatever end I need to.

What is the interest that you have charged?

The interest figure is the total interest charged for being overdrawn. It's tallied up by the spreadsheet supplied on this site. The idea being that you can claim it back because if you weren't charged in the first place, you would not have been so overdrawn and as a result, incur as much interest.

The interest figure is the total interest charged for being overdrawn. It's tallied up by the spreadsheet supplied on this site. The idea being that you can claim it back because if you weren't charged in the first place, you would not have been so overdrawn and as a result, incur as much interest.

Perhaps i didnt ask my question very well, I mean is that the standard 8% you are charging? This can only be claimed at the court stage. If you are claiming the actual interest they charged you for being overdrawn, you can only charge them the amount that is a direct result of a charge.

Oh dear. I seem to have totally misunderstood the spreadsheet and accompanying advice.

I assume the bank with rebuff my claim and point out I'm talking rubbish. Does this mean I will have to send another prelim letter or will this scupper my plans?

Oh dear. I seem to have totally misunderstood the spreadsheet and accompanying advice.

I assume the bank with rebuff my claim and point out I'm talking rubbish. Does this mean I will have to send another prelim letter or will this scupper my plans?

Just amend the claim on the LBA. It wont be a problem please take time to read the FAQS again ;)

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so Co-op Paid up without me having to file the claim.[ :D ] They paid back they refunded all the charges I had asked them for but not the debit interest as, according to the letter I received from them, normal debit interest was not included in the Office of Fair Trading statement I referred to regarding default charges.

Is this information about the debit interest correct? Should I pursue the matter? The debit interest cam to approximately £50.

Cheers,

Rob