Another myHermes Issue - ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No

In principle you would sue Packlink if your contract was with them - but we would need to know more about them.  I've not heard of them before

packlink is the ebay delivery service that enable you to choose different couriers. a middleman if you like. you can choose dpp, myhermes or the post office. 

so i buy the delivery with packlink and they pass the work with myhermes.

my original claim had one delivery directly bought with myhermes and one with packlink delivered through myhermes.  they will pass the buck of course and blame each other.

By the way I notice that you say that you would pay £20 in compensation. Did you accept this? On what basis was the £20 paid?

By accepting £20 you may well have given up your rights to take any further action

no, I have spoken to them directly about this and they said that the 20 is the insurance and not compensation. 

another twist to the story, one of the parcel has arrived to the customer a month later but i have refunded the money already.

I have contacted her directly hoping she would be straight and pay for the good but no response so far. 

so might have to take her to court as well.  

i am actually look forward to going to court to clear my head

It shouldn't be automatic as you need to give them BACS details for a payment. You can decline it before it gets that far. There are various threads about it on here in the same situation where an item has been under insured but its been lost opposed to damage. Have a search through the forum and you will find them. 

no, it was paypal. which was how it was paid to them inthe first palce.

I am sorry to advise as per the response we have received from the Hub, despite a thorough search your items have not been located.

I note a claim form has been issued to you for parcel 8730184249588885, which once completed the Claims Department will assess and pay the claim for you.

• 1 month later...

hi all, sorry i am been electioneering for my local polical party. 

just to let you know that they have contacted before the final judgement day and settled. 

in summary,

small claim courts is brillant. 

contrary to the opinions on here you dont need to be elaborate. just state clearly that it was lost as they can see on their system anyway. 

i did it very simply and won. 

thanks for everyone and especially Me !.

• Like 1

Thanks for this update.  

Well done.

• BankFodder changed the title to Another myHermes Issue - ***WON***

@omegatbt15

Just a word of warning with Packlink, do not continue to use them and remove any automatic billing you have linked to your PayPal.

There have been numerous reports of people that have claimed missing parcels etc that have then been slapped with a £40 admin fee two months down the line due to an oversized parcel with 0 proof. They then ask you to take pictures of the parcel next to a tape measure to prove the dimensions are within the given size at the booking stage, this is obviously impossible as the item was sent two months ago. One part that was effected was a company and got stung for £1600 worth of £40 charges.

When you first used Packlink it asked you to allow automatic billing via PayPal and if this is still active they can bill you whenever they like and you can't stop the payment and it doesn't require approval.

• Thanks 1