Hmmmm. Slow or negligent?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, we have been renting a property since later last year and our tenancy agreement is shortly up for renewal.

Since moving in we have had a bees nest in the eaves-which was never resolved and we were fishing dead bees out of the bathrooms for months. Now we have insects coming out of the bathroom taps. We told the landlord who assured us her builder was coming yesterday (Sat). No builder and no contact.

I'm beginning to sense a pattern emerging and wondered if anyone knew if we were legally okay to get this fixed ourselves (should they continue to ignore it and not contact us) and then invoice them? take it out of the rent? etc.

I would rather they sort this and would also appreciate any advice on our rights in general in terms of this.

Thanks in advance

The landlord has no obligation to deal with pest infestation issues at a property.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!