Debt Help Required Please - Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

5 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

The cca changes are not retrospective if the agreement was prior to them.

Did I say anything differently?

so be careful about making sweeping statements that are not necessarily true for every situ regarding recons.

Again, did I make sweeping statements (apart from it helps if the agreement has been assigned, which it does

If someone knows they signed an agreement. Then it needs to be produced regardless of agreement age to be enforceable 

This gets technical so you might not understand. If the agreement was pre Apr 2007 you would expect the lack of a signed agreement to be fatal to a claim BUT it relies on the individual stating they did not sign any agreement AND the Judge believing them - See Arrow Global V Frost - they lost when no agreement was produced. 

Post 2007 the law is much fuzzier and the courts can enforce even with no signed agreement if they can demonstrate the money was advanced . It maybe that the Judge places some sanction such as a reduced amount but it is up to the judge. An example given is the Iron Mountain Fire. If a bank sends all its documents off to be stored - should they automatically be disadvantaged if these documents are lost due to fire , flood or natural disaster.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/127

Court and being enforceable under the cca are 2 very sep issues. But neither can protect against judge lottery........

I said that very thing, a CCA Request is for information purposes only . Enforceability is a lot more complex than just a CCA Request and you are right- the wrong judge on the wrong day and you would lose. That is what I said in post 26

We are both on the same side - we want to fight for consumer rights so there is no need to try and get the last word in or prove me wrong. 

Arrow_Global_v_Frost.pdf

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

• 5 weeks later...

Yes technically they have the 12+2 working days to comply. After that time the debts become unenforceable but only until the do fully comply. Depending upon the type of debts you now need to make a decision; do you stop paying or carry on for another month for so and see what transpires. Only you can make that decision 

Good well cancel the dd or the cpa they were using too!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, fletch70 said:

RBS are usually slow at selling debts on but hang in there- they did eventually sell mine on and cabot couldn't produce the goods

As for CCA requests and O/Ds there was an appeal case where it was accepted a S78 request was needed for OD. It was MFS Portfolio v Phelan & West

Is the Amex a nectar card? I had one from way back when and in response to a CCA Request they produced some data with AMEX Canada Intranet at the bottom of the page- it certainly wan't compliant, another £3.5 K gone Statute barred

Amex I got from American Express fletch70

Amex didn’t sell my debt on even though I wasn’t paying. RBS sold both my Mint and NatWest  cards on after not paying for 5 years. 

Both had good S78 requests but dodgy default notices.

I had not assets or mortgage - well not by the time they sold it 

• dx100uk changed the title to Debt Help Required Please - scotland
1 hour ago, dellnasnoods said:

Does this apply in Scotland too?

Thanks

now he tells us....:bounce:

it makes a very big diff with regard to statute barring.

once you've not paid for 5yrs the debt is extinguished. dead parrot gone

unlike in E&W whereby it simply removes enforcement of any court judgement so fleecers don't bother to litigate.

can we just clarify...

you were resident in Scotland when you took all these credit accounts out? 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• AndyOrch changed the title to Debt Help Required Please - Scotland

:rockon:

and they