NN v Abbey Claim 2

Jane Austen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent off the LBA requesting the remainder of the charges still outstanding. These have either been added on since my first claim in May or are from the statements I have only just received. (My original claim was for the most part estimated so I have had to work out the difference between my estimate and actual etc).

Abbey have also issued my account with a default notice because of the charges added while the account was not being used, - since May.

They have asked me to pay off the recent charges, which resulted in an overlimit amount, with some of the money they have already repaid me. When I asked them to repay these recent charges together with my original claim, they said this couldn't be done. Is it only me that is confused?

Anyway, I've asked for the charges plus interest; and the default removing.

I wonder how long this one will take???

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

Good to see you're still around to help Karne. Hope yesterday went well. I have received a letter back from Abbey as follows:

Dear Mrs Nelson

Thank you for your letter dated 18 November 2006, about your bank charges. I am sorry you feel these contravene the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.

I have reinvestigated your case and can assure you the charges do not contravene those regulations and therefore I don’t agree that any more charges should be refunded.

The regulations say that we must explain our charges in plain language and that we have to act in good faith, which, according to the Office of Fair Trading (OFT), means dealing fairly and openly with customers. I would also like to confirm, the recent OFT announcement was in relation to Credit Card default charges, and not overdraft default charges or to other products, such as Bank Accounts. This means our Tariff of Charges continues to apply.

I therefore reviewed the literature and information you received when you opened your account, including the terms and conditions. This explains that charges will be applied if you do not keep to the terms of the account. Because of this, I believe we have been fair and open in telling you about them. The charges were correct, because you did not have enough money in your account to cover payments requested from it. When I looked at the history for your account I found that, unfortunately, this was not the first time this has happened.

I can see we have refunded charges, in the past, as a gesture of goodwill. We also did our best to make you aware of the importance of managing your account to prevent the situation happening again. I am sorry that, because of this, I cannot agree to cancel these charges.

Abbey has an obligation to supply only factual information relating to the conduct of the Abbey Current Account to Experian, on a monthly basis. As it remains a true reflection of the history of the account, I am unable to agree to the information being removed or amended.

I’m sorry we have not been able to reach a final agreement. As explained our

previous letter, if you remain unhappy, you could refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. I genuinely believe my decision is fair and reasonable.:-x

Yours sincerely

Alison Pert

Customer Resolution Manager

How patronising can they get?

I highlighted the red sections as these are particularly annoying. At no time have they been open and fair, in my case. When I knew there would be problems they refused point blank to help.

At no time was there any menntion of GOGW. This woman must sleep uncomfortably at night!:-x

;) nn

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

• 4 months later...

Abbey have agreed to settle and also to remove the default.

;) nn

Hi Karne

I'm helping some mates get theirs back now. This is still snowballing on a daily basis. I can't believe the banks are still trying to fight us.

;) nn