Update meggiemoo_d vs Capital one

meggiemoo_d
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think they may just be well rehearsed in dealing with these claims:D

Good luck, you should be in the money soon!!!

PS

Are you on speed by any chance? Reading your posts give me the feeling of rapidness:p

06th April 2006 Statements requested for last 6 yrs:

Bank of Scotland: Current account Breaching DPA

Royal Bank of Scotland: Style Breaching DPA

Capital One: Mastercard Request for £499.23 on the 17th April. £40 refunded to account on 26th April. Small claim hearing 27th June. Full refund and interest 24th May.

Coop: Crashed and burned into giving in Full and final offered 16 days after LBA ;)

Thats enough just now, more to come though

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry no, not on speed.........can't afford it!!! Hahahaha

I'm just a little speed demon, what can I say!?!? Soooooooooooooo much uni work, sooooooooooooo little time, but plenty of time to spend with capital 1s' paperwork!!! Weird that huh!!!

Claim against Capital 1 £713........SETTLED.....Thanks Capital 1!!

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

HSBC account and mastercard

Hi,

I had the weirdest phonecall of C1 yesterday asking me to pay my outstanding overlimit fee (£150) as I am over my £200 limit by that much. I explained I was in the process of the court claim with them and I would await the response from that. They said they had no record of it so I explained it had been acknowledged so C1 obviously know about it!!! They said no, I said yes....(you see a pattern emerging?!?). They made a HUGE deal of explaining the T&C's to me and saying I'd signed yadda yadda which they never do when I tell them no usually. Then I said about the £12 and OFT bit but he said C1s standard charges are £20 and I have to pay it. Blah blah blah.

Do you think this call was to try and scare me into paying something or just crossed lines? Do you also think that it was a call to see whether I would back down or a call for them to record to take to court if needs be..i.e. a call that they can use to show they have told me the T&C's clearly etc?

If they phone again, would I be better not speaking to them? Any help on this matter would be appreciated as I'm scared of messing up.

Anyone else had this?

Thanks

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

Not sure what stage your at yet Meggie? Has your claim gone to Small Claims?

The call could be due to crossed lines and someone in the UK is sitting with your correspondence.

Capital One: Mastercard Request for £499.23 on the 17th April. £40 refunded to account on 26th April. Small claim hearing 27th June. Full refund and interest 24th May.

Coop: Crashed and burned into giving in Full and final offered 16 days after LBA ;)

Hi,

My claim was acknowledged on moneyclaim on the 5th of May so just waiting now!!! I'll be home tomorrow so can check post!! Will let you know if I've heard anything else.

Thanks

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

Hi,

Strange question. Do you think I should try and keep up with my payments or not bother as I'm now at the court stage? I am massively behind because of various problems and am about £150 over my limit. There is absolutely no way of paying that much off. Part of me thinks no as, if I win, my entire limit will be paid off, and then some!! I'm trying to work out what will be best in terms of court things (if it gets that far!)

Thanks

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

Difficult one to answer, I guess.

If it did go to court this might be something that could be used against you, poss?

The chances are and it seems to be the rule that they dont get challanged in court.

I would split the difference to show I was trying and pay £5 for every £100 owed, that is what they would charge if your account was all in order. You may want to write to them explaining this and that the charges have put you in this position.:roll:

Hi,

I've just had a fun phonecall with capital 1 (following 15-20 missed calls within the last 24 hours GRRRRRR). They phoned and asked why I hadn't made a payment and I need to make one yadda yadda. I took a lot of pleasure in telling them about the letter I had received this morning! The bloke sounded a bit surprised........do the various departments within Cap 1 not speak to each other!??!

He has now made a note on my account!!! And my letter has been sent off at 2 o'clock.........how long do they usually take to send out the cheque etc?

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY !!!

Got a letter today offering all my money back (£713.47)in full and final settlement. They sent the standard "no liability" thing but as I have no intention of using them again I'm just going to sign and send it back.

Thank you soooooooooooo much to everyone who has helped on this site. I will of course make a donation as soon as my cheque comes through (353.61 after they've wiped out my card!!)

I got the letter an hour ago and I'm still buzzing!!! Is that sad or what!!?!??

:-)

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

Well done!!! That will get you plenty speeeeeeed :p

Yay.............speed all round!!!! And abig helping for Cap 1 to get off their bums and do some work!!!

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

Awwwwwwwwwwww........just checked and I can no longer access my account online. Does that mean Capital 1 don't want me anymore!??!

Tee hee hee!!! I'll just assume they've received my letter accepting the offer. Hopefully the cheque shall on my doorstep within the week. Has anyone else had a cheque from them? How long did it take to come?

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

Hi Meggie – well done to you. I have my claim form ready to submit on Tuesday. I have had offers from C1 including wiping the balance of £137 on one card and a goodwill gesture of £200 credited to the other. These have been accepted but I informed C1 that it was not in full and final settlement and that I would pursue the full amount owing through the county court. For 2 credit cards each with a limit of £200 each I am claiming £920 plus costs plus interest.

They are paying my balance and sending me a cheque for the difference (about 340). Couldn't have happened at a better time!!!

I have to admit I was considering accepting an offer to just wipe off my balance, but thankfully I never received one and was offered the full amount instead! I was terrified of it actually going to court so glad it never made it that far!!!

I will say to people who are starting their claim or considering doing it, GO FOR IT!!! I got £713 for three letters work!!! Not bad!!! Obviously I never would've got it without the great help from everyone here so am really really greatful to the mods and everyone else!!!

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

They are paying my balance and sending me a cheque for the difference (about 340). Couldn't have happened at a better time!!!

I have to admit I was considering accepting an offer to just wipe off my balance, but thankfully I never received one and was offered the full amount instead! I was terrified of it actually going to court so glad it never made it that far!!!

I will say to people who are starting their claim or considering doing it, GO FOR IT!!! I got £713 for three letters work!!! Not bad!!! Obviously I never would've got it without the great help from everyone here so am really really greatful to the mods and everyone else!!!

That is really SO Fantastic, bet your glad you went for it. He who dares and all that....Just finalising mine, last hurdle .

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

Hopefully the cheque shall on my doorstep within the week. Has anyone else had a cheque from them? How long did it take to come?

Hi Meggie!

Received my cheque yesterday, which was just about three weeks after returning the acceptance form. Now I can start my court claims against MBNA and Lloyds TSB. What better use could there be!!!

Good luck to you and don't spend it all at once!

Phil

Thanks everyone! I got a letter off cap 1 this morning saying they have wiped off my balance and I should receive my cheque within 14 days. Yay!!

I am sooooooo glad I continued with my claim as there were so many times I wanted to just give up.

Just need to notify the court, then start my mums claim!!! Sadly (for Capital 1), I didn't get a confidentiality agreement so made no such promise to Cap 1!!! I think I'll enjoy doing hers even more than mine as they have been awful to her, harrassing her 3 times a day for 2 weeks after my dad died!!! Why should they be allowed to get away with it!?!?!

Will start a new post for hers and keep you posted!!!

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

Hi,

Got my cheque this morning!!! Pretty quick for Capital 1!! I think the fact that I haven't cancelled my claim yet helped!!(today was the last day of the 28days).

How do I cancel my claim? Can I do it online? I've tried calling the customer service number but was on hold for 10 minutes before giving up!! (don't want to waste my capital 1 money on capital one business now do I!!!)

Thanks.....donation will come when my cheque clears!!

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

Congratulations!

If you ring the moneyclaim helpline they will be able to advise you further. Perhaps you were on hold so long because of all the action currently being taken against the banks!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks