• Tweets

• a chargeback via a paypal account used in an ebay sale doesn't usually result in funds being sucked from your bank account,  just that you attain a paypal negative balance. as you saying the money was taken by paypal from your bank account without you authorising this? or is it directly the buyers name that is shown? regarding the chargeback but either way you bank account HAS been debited? dx  
    • what solicitor is the PAPLOC from? then just search xxxx snotty letter dx  
    • moved to the debt self help forum. plenty of like threads here to read along with the ones you've done so far..good work. last thing you ever want to do is look at any kind of IVO/BK or anything alike concerning consumer debt, never do that, turns unsecured debts into secured ones in many instances. your best bet for now is p'haps looks at  Options for dealing with your debts: Breathing Space (Debt Respite Scheme) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) sadly you have to go thru one of the free debt charities to invoke that but DON'T be tempted to also open up a DMP with them, just get the Breathing Space done. get that in place that gives you at leasy 60 days buffer you've also goto to realise you'll probably get a default once breathing space is in place, bit if not it might pay you to withhold payments even after BS then p'haps re start payments once a DN for each debt is issued and registered. at least that way, whatever happens in 6yrs the debt will drop off dx  
    • Hello, I am a private seller and recently sold a pair of trainers on eBay.  Everything seemed fine until just after the eBay 30 day mbg had expired.  The buyer contacted me with photos showing me that both shoes had ripped.  He wanted his money back, and after refusing to refund him, he then left me retaliatory and defamatory feedback on my profile to the effect that I had sold him fake trainers (this was removed by eBay).  He then initiated a chargeback via Paypal.  Invariably, the outcome was in his favour, and I have now been charged for the cost of the trainers.  I would have also been stung for the chargeback fee, but eBay refunded this.  Incidentally, I do have the email receipt of the trainers from when I bought them from a well-established and bona fide online retailer.  The susbequent conversation with eBay followed its predictable course, i.e. the chargeback is out of their hands etc. I have been in contact with citizens advice, and my bank.  Citizens advice told me that as a private seller I'm responsible for the "Title and description" of the goods, but not the performance, or the fitness for purpose.  To me it is clear; if you receive something that's not as described, you don't then use the goods, and more than 30 days later claim 'not as described'.  In my mind, this makes the claim fraudulent.  He's used the 'they're fake' card to give credence to a 'not as described' claim here, obviously, without any evidence.  My understanding is that the chargeback is unlawful, because the trainers were shipped as described.  However, I read something on an eBay forum regarding sellers having no statutory rights, i.e. no right to appeal against a chargeback decision, or to complain to the financial ombudsman.  Does this mean that if my bank disputes the charge on my behalf, it will be to no avail, even if it's recognisably a fraudulent chargeback?  I have reported it via the Action fraud website. Any advice, anyone?  Would be most grateful!
    • Thank you, I have drafted my letters and started to complete the reply form, printed from this site and not using the one they provided.    2 questions, on the forum link it says to tick box D & I, the reason for box D will be given on my thread, what would my answer be to "I dispute the debt"?  Do I send anything for the Vodafone debt they have included?  I've only done 118 loan s. 77 & capital one credit cards so. 78    Thank you  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

EMC car sales of Bagshot - court claim issued

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Same thing has just happened to us.

We have been sold a car deemed dangerous.

Turns out that the car had an outstanding recall which was serious and according to local garage the person responsible for the Mot should lose their licence.

There was multiple failures.

I am sending our story to watchdog on BBC.

I can't believe I didn't see all of this prior to purchasing the car in August.

They had so many good reviews on Auto Trader...

Pretty sure most are fake now. 

• 4 weeks later...

They agreed to accept my car returned and refund in 60days.

I organised a transporter and on Friday got email saying they ceased trading. 

I rang number of Emc pretending to be a new customer and said I had seen something on website.

He said they are just renovating and gave me number of dealership down the road who could help.

We also asked for details for receivership if they have gone out of business in which their response is to bring car in and exchange it.

But if you have gone into receivership it is no longer your assets so that can't legally be done?

I believe the company is actually Crown Motor Direct Limited and trade as several places. 

They agreed to accept my car returned and refund in 60days.

I organised a transporter and on Friday got email saying they ceased trading. 

I rang number of Emc pretending to be a new customer and said I had seen something on website.

He said they are just renovating and gave me number of dealership down the road who could help.

We also asked for details for receivership if they have gone out of business in which their response is to bring car in and exchange it.

But if you have gone into receivership it is no longer your assets so that can't legally be done? 

emc_refundoffer.pdf emc_1.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Noel Quail was the sales manager who sold our car. Also I just got Mikael in email to confirm it is in fact Crown Motor Direct Limited who were trading as EMC. Chobram Central Garage is another trading name under same company number. Good luck everyone. I am sorry this has happened. 

Also EMC were previously Surrey First Cars. They have just registered a new company at the EMC site 8 Swift Lane, too...Automotive Vehicle Brokers Limited. 

15 minutes ago, Chickensatay said:

15 minutes ago, Chickensatay said:

Sorry, I'm trying to reply but I can't fix this error. Won't let me delete it. 

I've got a case number with citizens advice. They have referred to Trading Standards. 

I think if as many people as possible do the same, it should push trading standards to investigate. 

Also, an idea....if everyone could email BBC watchdog. And put as subject "EMC rogue traders" (or agree on some subject" if we all have the same subject it will stand out that there are multiple "victims". 

Edited by BlueJean
Didn't want the quote, but it wouldn't let me remove it

1 hour ago, Chickensatay said:

@Bench123

The picture below is a screen grab for the now non existent emc sales website. 

'Crown Motor Direct Ltd T/A EMC Car Sales' 

Company number 09967993 151.38 kB · 0 downloads

Hope it helps. 

Screenshot_20191001-103639.thumb.png.695990e982f632b19cc88ca01ef131f8.png

Awesome thank you. We can't take emc to court but we can to crown motors and I know you can take the director of cmd to court as they are responsible for any debts. If they do claim insolvency you can still take the director to court. 

Also, as they are now effectively trading illegally, they can become personally liable for the debts of a limited company. 

But you have to submit a claim before the company is dissolved otherwise other creditors will take precedence. This company and director need to learn. 

17 minutes ago, Chickensatay said:

Also, as they are now effectively trading illegally, they can become personally liable for the debts of a limited company. 

But you have to submit a claim before the company is dissolved otherwise other creditors will take precedence. This company and director need to learn. 

I believe they said they have ceased trading but the company itself is still active. I contacted companies House and also the insolvency register. I believe they have lied to get us off their tracks. Emc were previously Surrey First Cars. I have been doing a lot of investigating lately. I also know as of 9th October a new company has been registered for car sales at the EMC premises. However, as I mentioned chobham motors is still tradi g which is owned by Crown motor. 

On 10/11/2019 at 18:39, Chickensatay said:

I believe they said they have ceased trading but the company itself is still active. I contacted companies House and also the insolvency register. I believe they have lied to get us off their tracks. Emc were previously Surrey First Cars. I have been doing a lot of investigating lately. I also know as of 9th October a new company has been registered for car sales at the EMC premises. However, as I mentioned chobham motors is still trading which is owned by Crown motor. 

Edit- just found my agreement with wmsgroup for third party insurance. The dealer name on it actually says EMC CAR SALES/COBHAM CENTRAL GARAGE 

• 3 weeks later...

I have made a claim using cmd company information and the response I got was that they dispute the claim and that 2. 1"Crown motor direct limited is not affiliated, associated, authorised, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected to EMC Car Sales

2.2 we are simply a previous supplier to EMC Car Sales. Customers are relying on wrong information on consumer forums which associate our limited company and EMC car sales. 

2.3 we request that the name of the defendent be amended"

Signed ironically by Mikael who forgets he corresponded to us personally in an email and contradicts this saying "EMC car sales are no longer a trading name of Crown Motor Direct"..... 

Please keep me updated on everyone's cases and who we should pursue. I have a third party warranty form that lists EMC Car sales/Chobham Central Motors. So if they are trading as Chobham now can I not include that? 

• dx100uk changed the title to EMC car sales of Bagshot - court claim issued

please keep to your own thread 

various posts moved here from various threads 

thread title updated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

currently waiting directions from judge for court claim (since January)

MY TIMELINE/CASE

03 August 2019

After viewing car, we sent email regarding update on MOT status following rear brake calliper replacement after MOT failure. 05 August 2019 Signed bill of sale for the purchase of Jeep. Attempt to collect car failed after rear brake calliper was found faulty and returned to dealer immediately to rectify. We sent email regarding this.

07 August 2019

We sent text to EMC mobile number looking for a follow up as emails weren't being responded to and phone calls, unanswered. Text response was received saying that they were waiting on the fan switch, which was also found faulty at time of collection.

12 August 2019

We sent email to follow up that remedial works had been carried out, as we had no response from phone calls. We wanted to know when the car would be ready for collection.

16 August 2019

Collected car.

24 August 2019

We sent email regarding black smoke from exhaust and excessive oil leak. Also noted that when we went to check oil we discovered it had been overfilled. Sent text asking for response and received text telling us to deal directly with Crown Motor Direct Complaints via [email protected].

28 August 2019

Sent email regarding follow up of a phone conversation with the team who agreed to repair the defects, wanting to confirm an appointment

5 September 2019

No response was made from our previous email. We sent email for the attention of the manager highlighting the lack of responses and any resolution.

9 September 2019

First response received from complaints handler Mikael Shamir requesting bill of sale, warranty, casualty report/written fixed quote and the resolution we are seeking.

12 September 2019

Responded to Mikael's email indicating our intention to book the car in for repairs. Mikael responded same day asking for us to get a quote from local garage.

22 September 2019

Emailed Mikael following visit to local garage, with the local garage's findings. Requested our right to reject vehicle.

23 September 2019

Received email from complaints, dismissing MOT failures. Advised us of the outstanding recall and advised us that they could not uphold our complaint until they had received further documentation about the faults and carry out the recall repairs with a local Jeep dealership.

24 September 2019

Emailed Mikael Shamir advising him that we had been in contact with the local Jeep dealership. The dealership advised us that the recall had been since 2013 and that it was a high risk recall, that should have been rectified prior to sale.

30 September 2019

Email received from complaints stating that we were outside the 30 day right to reject. Informed us that they were no longer members of the Motor Obudsman and to seek legal advice.

2 October 2019

Emailed our response which listed our consumer rights and our requests for a resolution.

3 October 2019

Received email response giving us 3 options for resolution one of which we accepted being the full refund of £2400.

16 October 2019

Bill of sale and bank details sent to Mikael as per email dated 10 October 2019. We requested confirmation of preferred delivery address to return car as transporter was booked for Saturday 19th October.

17 October 2019

Received email stating that dealership had ceased trading due to financial problems and that all arrangements had been cancelled.

17 October 2019

We requested details of administration office and whether an exchange of vehicle of equal value was a possibility.

18 October 2019

We received email advising us to contact Noel (manager) about exchange. Received no details about administration office. Requested email address for Noel (manager).

19 October 2019

Emailed Noel about exchange of vehicle. No response received.

31 October 2019

Emailed Mikael to advise that we had had no response.

5 November 2019

Letter of intent posted via recorded delivery.

6 November 2019

Letter of intent received.

• Thanks 1

I'm afraid that the County Court is notoriously under resourced – and hugely inefficient. Generally speaking a very friendly bunch but you have to keep an eye on them and sheepdog them.

If you have been waiting since January then I suggest that you contact them by telephone and find out what is going on. Don't be surprised if they say that they have written to you – you haven't received it – or that the documents are lost.

I'm afraid that you must keep on the case with the County Court system.

Also, I'm extremely surprised that there is nothing about this company – in their various identities on trust pilot. I would suggest that anybody starts beginning trustpilot threads on these companies – on all three identities. In other words start a trustpilot thread and simply copy your review from one to the other to the other. You need to start letting people know. Also I suggest that you start doing the same thing for Google reviews

1 minute ago, BankFodder said:

I'm afraid that the County Court is notoriously under resourced – and hugely inefficient. Generally speaking a very friendly bunch but you have to keep an eye on them and sheepdog them.

If you have been waiting since January then I suggest that you contact them by telephone and find out what is going on. Don't be surprised if they say that they have written to you – you haven't received it – or that the documents are lost.

I'm afraid that you must keep on the case with the County Court system.

I emailed them as they don't seem to answer the phone, I received last response end of january saying they are extremely busy.

All the more reason to keep onto them. We are halfway through March – and am afraid that you will have to just be very persistent. Believe me, if you don't keep in control of this, you will simply become a victim of the County Court inefficiency.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Also, I'm extremely surprised that there is nothing about this company – in their various identities on trust pilot. I would suggest that anybody starts beginning trustpilot threads on these companies – on all three identities. In other words start a trustpilot thread and simply copy your review from one to the other to the other. You need to start letting people know. Also I suggest that you start doing the same thing for Google reviews

It is a group of men who are registering different companies and trading under multiple names as to avoid liability i assume.

The main company name is Crown Motor Direct Limited.

The have traded /are trading under:

EMC car Sales

Chobham Central Garage

A.Owen Motor Group

Principal place of business

Address:
Bagshot RoadChobhamWokingSurreyGU24 8BSENGLAND
Phone:+44 01276945981
Fax:
Email:

Director 
Ahmed Al-Waheeb

FCA Authority 789998

company house  09967993

Noel Quail sold me the car from EMC. On the day they sent email saying they had ceased trade I rang the number and pretended to be another cutomer and asked about the website being down. They said they were doing renovations and that the car i had seen on the website I could still buy and was given the name Gabriel at Chobham Central  there sister trading premise.....

Noel Quail has previously owned

First Time Cars (Windlesham) Ltd

registered in surrey

traded as Surrey First Cars

Automotive Vehicle Brokers Limited

registered in october last year  

Christopher Seymour

8 Swift Lane
Bagshot
GU19 5NN

Edited by BlueJean
updated trading names

Then there companies and their names should be plastered all over the Internet in all the review sites. They aren't. Why not?

Is there a Facebook page? One should be started

3 minutes ago, BlueJean said:

Noel Quail sold me the car from EMC. On the day they sent email saying they had ceased trade I rang the number and pretended to be another cutomer and asked about the website being down. They said they were doing renovations and that the car i had seen on the website I could still buy and was given the name Gabriel at Chobham Central  there sister trading premise.....

Noel Quail has previously owned

First Time Cars (Windlesham) Ltd

registered in surrey

Automotive Vehicle Brokers Limited

registered in october last year  

Christopher Seymour

8 Swift Lane
Bagshot
GU19 5NN

Yes, but telephoning them without recording the call is not going to get you very far. People should read our customer services guide and implement the advice there and then have these phone calls. You need these recordings as evidence

Then there companies and their names should be plastered all over the Internet in all the review sites. They aren't. Why not?

Because I have only just had time to do this properly now it.  I will keep adding more of what I have discovered including one of the men already being discoverd on a rogue trader programme

Yes, but telephoning them without recording the call is not going to get you very far. People should read our customer services guide and implement the advice there and then have these phone calls. You need these recordings as evidence

This was something i did on the day I received the email as I had a terrible feeling they were lying. It's not something I can or will use as evidence in court. Just it started the connections for me to research into...

4 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Is there a Facebook page? One should be started

They create there own reviews via google etc there are bad reviews but because they do so many false positive ones the real reviews are getting lost