BlueJean

EMC car sales of Bagshot - court claim issued

Same thing has just happened to us.

We have been sold a car deemed dangerous.

Turns out that the car had an outstanding recall which was serious and according to local garage the person responsible for the Mot should lose their licence.

There was multiple failures.

I am sending our story to watchdog on BBC.

I can't believe I didn't see all of this prior to purchasing the car in August.

They had so many good reviews on Auto Trader...

Pretty sure most are fake now. 

I reckon the invoice says something like "proud member of the motoring ombudsman", or some other waffle. 

New guys. You'd be better starting your own thread, as our cases would likely differ in parts. Looking forward to reading your posts. 

• Like 1

They agreed to accept my car returned and refund in 60days.

I organised a transporter and on Friday got email saying they ceased trading. 

I rang number of Emc pretending to be a new customer and said I had seen something on website.

He said they are just renovating and gave me number of dealership down the road who could help.

We also asked for details for receivership if they have gone out of business in which their response is to bring car in and exchange it.

But if you have gone into receivership it is no longer your assets so that can't legally be done?

I believe the company is actually Crown Motor Direct Limited and trade as several places. 

They agreed to accept my car returned and refund in 60days.

I organised a transporter and on Friday got email saying they ceased trading. 

I rang number of Emc pretending to be a new customer and said I had seen something on website.

He said they are just renovating and gave me number of dealership down the road who could help.

We also asked for details for receivership if they have gone out of business in which their response is to bring car in and exchange it.

But if you have gone into receivership it is no longer your assets so that can't legally be done? 

emc_refundoffer.pdf emc_1.pdf

Noel Quail was the sales manager who sold our car. Also I just got Mikael in email to confirm it is in fact Crown Motor Direct Limited who were trading as EMC. Chobram Central Garage is another trading name under same company number. Good luck everyone. I am sorry this has happened. 

Also EMC were previously Surrey First Cars. They have just registered a new company at the EMC site 8 Swift Lane, too...Automotive Vehicle Brokers Limited. 

15 minutes ago, Chickensatay said:

15 minutes ago, Chickensatay said:

Sorry, I'm trying to reply but I can't fix this error. Won't let me delete it. 

I've got a case number with citizens advice. They have referred to Trading Standards. 

I think if as many people as possible do the same, it should push trading standards to investigate. 

Also, an idea....if everyone could email BBC watchdog. And put as subject "EMC rogue traders" (or agree on some subject" if we all have the same subject it will stand out that there are multiple "victims". 

Edited by BlueJean
Didn't want the quote, but it wouldn't let me remove it

The company is still active though? Emc has ceased trade but the company is still definitely trading. Chobham motors in Bagshot is their other dealership 

1 hour ago, Chickensatay said:

@Bench123

The picture below is a screen grab for the now non existent emc sales website. 

'Crown Motor Direct Ltd T/A EMC Car Sales' 

Company number 09967993 151.38 kB · 0 downloads

Hope it helps. 

Screenshot_20191001-103639.thumb.png.695990e982f632b19cc88ca01ef131f8.png

Awesome thank you. We can't take emc to court but we can to crown motors and I know you can take the director of cmd to court as they are responsible for any debts. If they do claim insolvency you can still take the director to court. 

I noticed on chobham website they have now hidden their company number. I got this screenshot before they removed it. 

Screenshot_20191031_183252_com.android.chrome.jpg

Also, as they are now effectively trading illegally, they can become personally liable for the debts of a limited company. 

But you have to submit a claim before the company is dissolved otherwise other creditors will take precedence. This company and director need to learn. 

17 minutes ago, Chickensatay said:

Also, as they are now effectively trading illegally, they can become personally liable for the debts of a limited company. 

But you have to submit a claim before the company is dissolved otherwise other creditors will take precedence. This company and director need to learn. 

I believe they said they have ceased trading but the company itself is still active. I contacted companies House and also the insolvency register. I believe they have lied to get us off their tracks. Emc were previously Surrey First Cars. I have been doing a lot of investigating lately. I also know as of 9th October a new company has been registered for car sales at the EMC premises. However, as I mentioned chobham motors is still tradi g which is owned by Crown motor. 

On 10/11/2019 at 18:39, Chickensatay said:

I believe they said they have ceased trading but the company itself is still active. I contacted companies House and also the insolvency register. I believe they have lied to get us off their tracks. Emc were previously Surrey First Cars. I have been doing a lot of investigating lately. I also know as of 9th October a new company has been registered for car sales at the EMC premises. However, as I mentioned chobham motors is still trading which is owned by Crown motor. 

Edit- just found my agreement with wmsgroup for third party insurance. The dealer name on it actually says EMC CAR SALES/COBHAM CENTRAL GARAGE 

I have made a claim using cmd company information and the response I got was that they dispute the claim and that 2. 1"Crown motor direct limited is not affiliated, associated, authorised, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected to EMC Car Sales

2.2 we are simply a previous supplier to EMC Car Sales. Customers are relying on wrong information on consumer forums which associate our limited company and EMC car sales. 

2.3 we request that the name of the defendent be amended"

Signed ironically by Mikael who forgets he corresponded to us personally in an email and contradicts this saying "EMC car sales are no longer a trading name of Crown Motor Direct"..... 

Please keep me updated on everyone's cases and who we should pursue. I have a third party warranty form that lists EMC Car sales/Chobham Central Motors. So if they are trading as Chobham now can I not include that? 

please keep to your own thread 

various posts moved here from various threads 

thread title updated

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets