EMC car sales of Bagshot - court claim started

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I find this all very interesting, 

I called the garage to get the car checked diagnostic showed turbo fault.

Emailed the complaints team on the invoice with all my evedance and got similar responses to you,

in the end they offered me 850 to buy the car back, I paid 2400 for it,

I have now submitted a claim of 2950 pounds which covers cost of hire car that i had to get for a pre arranged family weekend away engineer report tax and insurance as they have also not sent off the v5 so I'm currantly unable to sorn the car. They then add on the 105 court fee and 8% interest. So around the 3100 mark to date. 

Get as much evidence as you can email auto trader the reg and dealers name and they will send you the original add very useful for me as it states excellent condition and recent cambelt, according to service history cambelt is now due again. 

Check MOT history on my engineering investigation 2 items it failed the mot for in jan are still issues with the car and it passed with no advisorys in Feb, they also found other issues that I wasn't even aware of such as contaminated coolent, coolent leak as well as confirming the dmf and Turbo Failure. 

O and I also was sold a car with a 4* warrenty and only received a 3* warrenty was offered 20 pounds for human error if I had known that I wouldn't have taken the car 4* plan covers alot more I was also not told that there was a claim limit on the warrenty. 

4 minutes ago, Fred clause said:

So I find this all very interesting,  I'm currently going through the same battle collected the car Feb 15th, was told diesel addative needed topping up so drove home via a garage near me, garage topped up a addative and reset computer at this point they noticed on shut down a vibration and noise that was quickly diagnosed as dmf failure, on my way home the EML light came on so the next morning I called the dealer to reject the car, I was told my car had been sent to auction and that I wasn't to return the car, I was threatened and told to Foff.

I called the garage to get the car checked diagnostic showed turbo fault.

Emailed the complaints team on the invoice with all my evedance and got similar responses to you,

in the end they offered me 850 to buy the car back, I paid 2400 for it,

I have now submitted a claim of 2950 pounds which covers cost of hire car that i had to get for a pre arranged family weekend away engineer report tax and insurance as they have also not sent off the v5 so I'm currantly unable to sorn the car. They then add on the 105 court fee and 8% interest. So around the 3100 mark to date. 

Get as much evidence as you can email auto trader the reg and dealers name and they will send you the original add very useful for me as it states excellent condition and recent cambelt, according to service history cambelt is now due again. 

Check MOT history on my engineering investigation 2 items it failed the mot for in jan are still issues with the car and it passed with no advisorys in Feb, they also found other issues that I wasn't even aware of such as contaminated coolent, coolent leak as well as confirming the dmf and Turbo Failure. 

O and I also was sold a car with a 4* warrenty and only received a 3* warrenty was offered 20 pounds for human error if I had known that I wouldn't have taken the car 4* plan covers alot more I was also not told that there was a claim limit on the warrenty. 

Welcome to the forum. Please would you post up your story in a new thread/topic because that will then attract attention and also we won't get confused when dealing with this particular story.

Start a new topic and will be really interested to hear what you have to say and also to provide you with any advice you might need. Make sure that you include the name of the dealer in the topic title.

Thanks

Not after advice I have allready started my claim,

just letting savoytruffle know that thay aren't the only ones going through this with EMC car sales Bagshot and they are very similar stories.

Edited by Fred clause

Then please do tell us all about your story. However, tell it in a new thread because not only does it become a story in its own right – but also Google will take more notice of it and if you are dealing with the same garage, it is important to have more stories rather than simply a story which continues one which has already been posted.

Thanks

Thank you

My report was done on the Friday and I received the report within 4 working days that was from ace engineering who were recommended by the AA. I submitted my claim before I received the report as I believed that I had allready gathered enough evidence to have a strong case. Decided to go with the compliance report as its a legal document and is totally independent they picked up a few extra faults that are potentially major such as contaminated coolant (suspect head gasket).

It's a shame because I really like the car, however the dealings with emc and the faults on this one have really put me off I have spent the last 5 weeks looking for another car and it's harder now because you feel you can't trust anyone. 

I'll keep you posted if anything happens hope you manage to get your sorted soon.

please make sure you contact citizens advice as they can pass your complaint onto trading standards, 

Small claims process is very straight forward and is cheaper to complete  online 3k-5k is about £180, if they appeal and you go to a hearing then you have to pay a hearing fee but all this is recoverable with your claim you can also add interest to your claim they recommend 8%but if you can justify more then add that I should have gone for the higher as paid deposit on credit card so could have justified that rate. 

Edited by Fred clause

I can send you the reply you if you like, I sent the same  letter and they tried to turn it back on me said the warranty was human error blah blah

offered me 20 quid for the error then stated what do you expect from a car of that age and mileage.

Wait on their response

if you haven't already got one and then proceed to court action if they don't offer the full refund.

I wouldn't wait around to long I don't trust these lot.

Have you noticed there are part of a 3 way company, cobham motor group and crown motor Company. 

Was your car not sold you with a fresh MOT?

Form would be the money claim for small claims.

They are quick at sending the claim on to emc I had a reply in hours.

With an extension to the 14days and then one from EMC stating that I was operating outside of the cpr rules, not telling them of the I dependant report. 

How do you k ow they have been issued this? I still haven't heard anything from the court or EMC since they requested the 14day extension. Although I have noticed my old car is no longer in there site. 

27th: Filed my claim

28th: Bar sent to EMC

28th: EMC filed defence

29th: DQ sent to EMC

I've heard nothing since.

I've not received a DQ yet, so just sitting tight.

Their reaction to our cases would appear to be different..

From what the court have told me the first request is a given after that they have to pay to request a stay and the interest has gone up by 8 quid since I logged on last week.

Wow at least yours seems to be moving mine is at a stand still saying they have requested more time have they appealed your claim. 

• 5 months later...

Funny story, so I've discovered that I have legal cover on my house insurance so I'm now getting legal advice they are going through my case file and evidence and are going to look into the process to amend the judgement. 

Another tip check with car insurance house insurance and breakdown cover for legal protection AA breakdown cover offers legal assistance but not cover. 

Also please all submit complaints to dvsa and citizans advice. 

• 1 month later...

no.

that helps no-one bar you.

not what CAG is about.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to EMC car sales of Bagshot - court claim issued

so what?

secret squirrel helps no one bar you

never hurts anyone's court case to post on cag before

you now have you own thread 

please keep to it.

abide by our rules please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...