• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Not fit for Purpose Court action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

My son purchased a car from a ltd company (Only one emploee him) and it was returned to them as it was not fit for purpose.

It was returned within the 30day period required.

We filled in court form N1 to seek redress for the money my son paid him.

However the documents have come back from court as we put too many addresses for him as we had his private addresses too (5)

I've spoken to the court and the advice given is as clear as mud.

So choices of action available as advised by the court is....

Take action out against the company

or

as him personally.

We were considering taking action out against him personally because he seems to have a habit of opening and closing companies

But will he be able to squirm out of it?

If we take the action out against the company will he be able to close the company and again my son does not get his money back.

My son saved every penny for 2 years to be able to afford a car AND the extortionate insurance they have to pay nowadays 

The car was purchased the day after he passed his test 😢

Now he has no vehicle and no way of purchasing a new one.

This man has the cheek to try and charge my son for storing the car on his lot (when the vehicle V5 is in the companies name again)

Any advise will really be appreciated as I have to get these forms returned today as this is stressing us both out and I have to send these back to the court today.

Defendant details
A defendant is the person or organisation that the claim will be issued against (i.e. the party who owes you the money).
You should consider the following:

a) Number of Defendants
There can be up to two defendants for claims issued via MCOL – for claims against more than two defendants you should contact the County Court Money Claim Centre. If you want to issue a claim with two defendants you will need to click the ‘Add a 2nd defendant’ button.

Please note
that each individual should be listed as a separate defendant. For example, if you were issuing a claim against a husband and wife, they need to be listed separately as the first and second defendant and not on one line as “Mr and Mrs”.

b) Choosing the Defendant(s)

Each defendant can be one person or an organisation (such as a limited company). Remember, amendments after issuing the claim can be time consuming and may incur
additional fees, so you should consider carefully who is responsible for the debt when adding a defendant(s). Please note, court staff are not legally trained and therefore cannot
tell you who the defendant(s) should be. If you are unsure who to claim against you should seek legal advice.

You should make sure the information you provide is accurate and complete. For any individual defendants you should make sure that you include their forename and family name and that you have spelt their name correctly.

For organisations, you should make sure you have the full, registered name of the company. Please be aware there may be several companies with similar names therefore if the name you provide is incorrect you could inadvertently issue a claim against the wrong company. Please be aware if you use the incorrect name it may not be possible to register judgments or take enforcement action at the later stages of the claim.

Providing a valid address for each Defendant

You need to provide a full address within England and Wales for each defendant, including the post code. This is known as their service address. MCOL does not have
jurisdiction outside England and Wales, claims issued to addresses outside England and Wales will be invalid.

 if the defendant is an individual the claim must be served to their usual or last known
residential address
 if the defendant is an individual using a trading alias then the claim may be served to
their usual or last known residential address or their place of business
 if the defendant is an organisation then the claim may be served to their registered
office or to the address where you have been dealing with them
Further information on choosing the address for service correctly can be found in the Civil
Procedure Rules 6.9. An online version of the Civil Procedure Rules can be found at:
http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Andy

My son

did not send a letter of intended court proceedings

Is this going to be an issue with the courts?

However my son did send notice of the vehicle being returned to him.

I have just been advised that even though the log book was changed back into the traders name I am still the owner? If so I'm way annoyed with that as I did this on the advice of DVLA

My concern over this is because this man is sending my son letters saying he owes him £1000 for parking costs.

This is such a pigs ear of a situation

😮

My son did not send a letter of intended court proceedings Is this going to be an issue with the courts?

Not really as your son is litigant in person and leniency would be allowed. 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I found a what's app message where my son said he was going to issue proceedings. I have got receipts to confirm timeline but missing low loader receipt 😕

copies of letters and what's app demands from trader demanding money for vehicle left at the business address

these demands for money are really worrying him!

i so hope this goes my son's way he spent every penny he had on this car

Quick further question 😂

We filled in the form as COMPANY NAME (SALES PERSONS NAME/OWNER OF BUSINESS)

We wrote it like this as all communication has been sent directly to (owner of business)

As all documents sent to COMPANY NAME/Trading address have been refused)

Letters which were sent to the private address were signed for

Shall we take name off papers to be submitted in details of claim

Edited by onestressedwoman
additional info

Each defendant can be one person or an organisation (such as a limited company). Remember, amendments after issuing the claim can be time consuming and may incur additional fees, so you should consider carefully who is responsible for the debt when adding a defendant(s). Please note, court staff are not legally trained and therefore cannot
tell you who the defendant(s) should be. If you are unsure who to claim against you should seek legal advice.

You should make sure the information you provide is accurate and complete. For any individual defendants you should make sure that you include their forename and family name
and that you have spelt their name correctly.

For organisations, you should make sure you have the full, registered name of the company.Please be aware there may be several companies with similar names therefore if the name you provide is incorrect you could inadvertently issue a claim against the wrong company.

Please be aware if you use the incorrect name it may not be possible to register judgments or take enforcement action at the later stages of the claim.
A sole trader is an individual and not an organisation. To enter a sole trader as a defendant, select ‘Individual’. In the ‘Surname’ box type their surname followed by either
‘T/A’ or ‘trading as’ and then their trading alias (you will also need to provide their forename / title in the relevant fields).

I submitted the paperwork online yesterday with a list of documentation they hold and time line etc.

I put the full company name as listed on companies house with the trading address on the form.

They way I think this read was proceedings against the company with sales man whom was dealing with this issue in brackets (Also the owner and only listed employee of the firm)

If this bounces back I'm sure my son will just give up 😕

if this man continues to levy charges against My son for storage costs of vehicle we will have to take criminal action against him as he has dragged the car and broken bumper headlights wheels are bent which would be classed as criminal damage yes?

I just have my fingers and toes crossed for him.

you cant sue a salesman working for a company,

the company is vicariously liable for anything that salesman does,

including killing your son with a dodgy motor.

If the person is a sole trader you state their name trading as xxxx  or xxxxltd.

If they are returning post address to the business then they will lose by default because the registered address IS the correct one.

you cant take criminal action against him but rubbishing his claim for storage costs is quite simple when the vehicle has been rejected under the CRA as it isnt your son's problem.

you are being mucked about and are believing his bull

Andyorch gave consise information to help you and you have not followed that advice

Eric's brother

Indo apologize if I have offended you however some people have cognitive difficulties but some people presume that everybody has the same understanding nor memory to take in all details 

Either way don't think your comment was justified oh osw you have completed it incorrectly would have been more polite 

I do appreciate all Andy's assistance as he has helped me in the past I am sure he knows that 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi scaniaman

My boy paid in full in cash.

If it was on a card he could have get money back that way?

The court papers have been submitted

However previous poster didn't understand what I was saying I did detail the defendant as .....

But in spiel mentioned the man's name along company name but action taken against company. 

He has until the 11th of November to respond

• 3 weeks later...

Well slightly confused here ????

The car dealer has responded and I have a message from Money claims

Saying he has rejected the claim ? ? ?

and is suggesting we use the free mediation service wtf

I don't understand

Andy :(

Edited by onestressedwoman

Honey Bee

Was so angry at the email I had not logged on to see full response but here is his response

1.first of all they came on 25/07/2019 to purchase vauxall astra 2006 done over 100.000 miles .after full inspection and 2x test drive we agree the sale with out any warranty (after big discount ) we put on our invoice no warranty from **** LONDON we don't cover any mechanic and electric problem ,nonrefundable and he agree.

2.MR **** he took the car running perfect and ( he said carried repairs for it after that the engine seized) several possibilities for engine seized *he is new driver he don't have a big knowledge on driving may he put a wrong gear or he drive the car badly or high rpm .......

3.took the car running we revived it not running we ask him for the key he said if you give me the full refund i will give you the key ,mr**** left the car on yard without our permission and he block the exit and the key with him like i said before he refuse to give the key if i don't give him the full amount

4.after that i send him a lot of letter warring him about the delay charges if he don't give me the keys ,he refuse most of them on 15/10/2019 i received a call from mr ***** THREATENED ME i have this conversation saved

5.mr ***** said he transferred the v5 back without our permission we don't received any new v5 for this car

6.he said he delivered the car keys to may home address how he know were i'm living first and second i didn't revive nothing and he should bring the key to my office by hand .

7. i was more than happy to help him if the car keys was with me to inspect the car

8.when he left the car on our yard we told him there is Daley charged of £17 and we paid a recovery £120 to remove it to the side

9.he said he call us and that not right i have all my calls record the only call i got from him when his dad threatened me

10.why he don't come to my office to spake face to face to sort the problem out

This man is a ******* oooo.... wish I could swear on here

Dear ....

*.*. A*T** LONDON LTD has rejected your claim.

They’ve suggested you both use the free mediation service. You need to respond to their suggestion before 4pm on 5 December 2019.

Sign in to view their response: https://www.moneyclaims.service.gov.uk/dashboard

This is an automated email – we can’t respond to replies.

HM Courts & Tribunals Service
Claim number: 101MC749

Telephone: 0300 123 7050
Hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Find out about call charges https://www.gov.uk/call-charges

Email: [email protected]

you mean they've filed a defence ?

and that's their defence above..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DX 

I haven't got a clue

This is beyond my comprehension

Thats everything they have written on the portal 

I don't see how claim could be rejected?

Paperwork is all correctly addressed and received by him

Surely a claim can not be rejected it can only be counterclaimed?

Love the deadline they gave me 5 days to respond 

New post on auto trader now from another customer he sold a mini to thats gear box blew up  how are auto trader still allowing him to advertise

Found this online wonder if its in relation to the same type of claim?

Rejecting a Claim

When rejecting a claim, you need to choose one of the three reasons below: 

1. Claim sent to wrong defendant (Well this is the right defendant the company)
  2. AskCUE PI reference not valid (Haven't a clue what this is)
  3. Mandatory fields incorrectly populated (All fields corrected)

As expected the comments he's made are lies

Where did I get his address haha that's what happens when your company's registered with companies house 

He has 2 houses both exactly the same decor found other address on his previous companies details

On top of the fact he signed for our recorded delivery letter at his home address (and his names on POD)

2 Test drives that's 2 - 1 = 1 test drive

Big discount yeah £50 off a piece of ****

What he's written is all nonsense in his list of docs they are produced by his company all threating my son demanding money only 2 signed for the rest we refused.

I don't know I seem to have far too much on my plate this squid of a man is driving me to drink 

Anyhow how can this change my son's position under CRA

well you issued the claim you should have been researching whats next.

its not rejected

just means you have until XX date move things fwd now its a defended claim.

so N180 tine.

if you look at the status page on MCOL of you claim

it tells you.

bet its says defendant filed a defence xx date, and the text you have is the defence....

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

13 hours ago, onestressedwoman said:

Honey Bee

Was so angry at the email I had not logged on to see full response but here is his response

8.when he left the car on our yard we told him there is Daley charged of £17 and we paid a recovery £120 to remove it to the side

That £17 charge per day does indeed sound like a Daley charge ..... Arthur Daley!

I suspect your son has a very good chance of winning a (well prepared) county court claim, but that is only half the battle.

The next is being able to enforce a judgment, as winning a judgment you then can't enforce is a hollow victory.

The defendant is a limited company motor trader. These have been known to rack up a host of claims, dissolve the company, and re-appear, phoenix-like as a new limited company that has no responsibility for the previous companies debts.

It'd be worth checking how many companies this man has been a director of, and looking closely as any companies you find he has been linked to in the past (companies house search and google searches), as well as any other companies that have been a motor trader from the same addresses as the lot he is currently trading from (or any previous lots for his company).

Bazza 

He's done it as far as I know 3 companies (names) registered at same trading place over some time . That's why I wanted to put claim in his name personally.

This Mediation lol no point mediating he's not going to agree to parting with money so it's off to court we go 

If we have to go to court can I add documentation to the list already detailed on the moneyclaim ?

There's no way the court will enforce the haha parking charge is there ?

You can’t “put his name personally” just because it suits you.

You can only put the entity who the contract was with. If it was a limited company there are some exceptional circumstances where you can ‘pierce the corporate veil’, and “I thought he was a dodgy dealer” isn’t one of them.

If he sold the car as Fred Bloggs, or Fred Bloggs T/A (trading as) ‘Arthur Daley motors’, then you can sue Fred Bloggs.

if it was Dodgy Cars Ltd (or even ‘Dodgy Cars Ltd t/a  ‘Arthur Daley motors’), then you can’t sue Fred Bloggs personally, even if they are a director, provided the contract was with the Ltd Co. [except in those very restricted circumstances (such as knowingly continuing to trade while the Ltd Co is insolvent)].

you can argue that is unfair, but it is one of the reasons (limited liability of the company to the initial funds put in by the shareholders at formation being another) that Ltd Co’s offer as a means of encouraging entrepreneurship: they can be abused by miscreants as a ‘get-out clause’ though.

I know :(

It is even more annoying these "demands" for parking charges are on an old companies name watermarked stamped on it 

Another company he shut down

So wish I could get a print off of the review left by another customer and present it in my bundle for court

powerless

and they

I really should of done was written off this money and done what I wanted to do in the first place lol

He had a skip outside his house I wanted to get my friend with a boom to lift the car into the skip at least there would have been a lot less paperwork I would have had great satisfaction and it would have cost him at least £500 to have it lifted out