Natwest Bank/Moorcroft Recovery - Threatening Letters

hillbilly20
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I had a loan with a high street bank from about 10 years ago and I had to stop paying because I lost my job.

I reduced my payment to a token payment for a few years but I then ceased this some years ago because I took some advice from an online forum which said that I should ask a ‘Subject Access Report’.

I did this and I also asked for a copy of the contract with both signatures which highlighted that myself and the bank had a contract and what its terms were.

As the loan was made up of an overdraft and a formal loan I thought they would have paperwork. However, eventually the bank responded by saying that they had no contract and they admitted that as such it was not enforceable in court.

Over the last year, the bank have again appointed Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited to use their strongarm tactics.

I have not been responding to the last couple of letters asking me to contact them to arrange a payment plan and now their letters are becoming more threatening. Here is the text of their latest letter…….

We are aware that you have failed to agree an affordable repayment plan with us concerning the above account.

As no agreement has been reached we are now in the process of reviewing your account to consider the steps which may be taken in relation to further debt recovery action. The options include recommending one of the following:

·         1. Continue in our attempts to contact you by letter and phone.

·         2. Instruct a local representative to arrange to call at your home address to try to re-establish contact with you.

To prevent possible further action you must contact us. Failure to contact us by the 22/10/19 will result in one of the aforementioned debt recovery actions being undertaken without further notice.

Unquote

As you can see, they are now getting more threatening. I really do not want people knocking at my door – does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to sort this situation? I do not want to pay for something that seems unenforceable but I do not want knocks at my door either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

When was the last token payment?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Wouldn't bother its only Moorcroft...ignore.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

No one is coming to your door...and if they intended to that letter wouldn't stop them and if they did come there is nothing they can do....tell your wife your dealing with it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread