• Tweets

• deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx Yes sorry. they called it a deed at first in court.  Then Judge said she was happy to have it sealed as something else  exact names of orders in message above.     The disease was tested for when his cardiac testing was done immediately after purchase and part of the now sealed case.   However, results were disclosed incorrectly and I only found out  two days ago.   This disease did not form part of my knowledge during the case as I had been informed of a normal result that was not the case.   it is perfect clarity of a genetic disease where as the previous cardiac issue could be congenital until the pup is genetically tested. 
    • Hi, Halifax recently sold a credit card account of mine to Cabot. I am unemployed and have no assets and was thinking of making token £1 payments for 12-18 months in order to drag things out a bit and reduce the chance of Cabot being able to get the correct CCA documents from Halifax if I requested them in future. However, I saw on the pages on this forum about defending county court claims that one of the standard approaches when defending such claims is to say “I had an account with bank X, but I don’t remember the details and so don’t know if I owe this debt…”. If I made £1 payments to Cabot, would it prevent me from using such a defence in future? OC: Halifax DC: Cabot/Wescot Card account opened: 2016 Defaulted: 2023
    • Paperwork says sealed consent order and composite settlement agreement      YES  ADDISONS DISEASE 
    • Hi, This may be the wrong place for a thread BUT If you receive a defence, can you send a CPR 31.14 request for document mentioned in the defence, and then apply to proceed with the case only after (14) days passed or they respond OR is it only if you receive a claim I see @dx100uk thread is for when you receive a claim, but can you also do the same when you receive a defence?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

PRA Group Natwest Overdraft

adam1992
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a Account with PRA Group for a Natwest Student Overdraft (Opened 2008 defaulted 2016) .

I am getting a lot of letters from PRA asking for payment/settling my account offering discounts (of about £100).

Do I continue payment plan as before? I can't CCA as they are an overdraft I believe

Who is the payment plan with now .....Natwest ?  Has the debt been assigned to PRA ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

so you've had a notice of assignment then?

if so that's rare for nasty west to sell it on they typically litigate themselves

so I bet the debt is vastly inflated with penalty charges and the interest they attract.

i'd be sending NW an sar

get all the statements.

then go thru them with a fine toothed comb.

could be £1000's to reclaim....

pers i'd stop paying

what was the original debt amount

and what is outstanding now

a bit more info on the history please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

So I ridiculously had this overdraft since 26th August 2008 and left it in the overdraft for nearly 10 years I believe. 

they then requested repayment and removed the facility so I hit a default. I was then paying £10.00 into the account on a plan.

Since PrA got involved they closed the NatWest account as I can’t send money into it (as I was doing to pay it) anymore. 

They offered lately for me to pay £955.59 as a one off discount. They keep contacting me to make an arrangement.

The balance is £1005.88 (I’m fairly certain they reduced some charges before closing it- I think it was left in the -800/900 for years without charge)

no the account would have been defaulted and closed by NW before they sold it on.

did you get that SAR running to NW? got it back yet?

its gonna be pretty easy for fees etc to get upto £1000 for an OD debt from 2008.

thats most probably why NW sold it and didn't litigate themselves

they know the debt is bogus.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You will get loads of information when you SAR Nat West, they even break it down for you into fees, PPI (if you had it).  You'll probably find loads of late charges to claim back too.

As for PRA just ignore them unless they send a PAP letter, don't pay them anything and certainly don't speak with them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 7 months later...

open

and they

I’ve had my SAR back

Unfortunately they’ve given me no statements but in the FAQ I’ve read I have to order those on request.. 

doing that now

theres copies of a complaint over charges a few years ago which they rejected there too

eh?

statements MUST come in the sar 

and they

No statements? That’s the whole point of the SAR

When I SAR’d HSBC I received a big heavy box  with every bank and credit card statement ,since 2004. You’d be expecting something along those lines.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

That’s what I thought but not from NW.

An FAQ was included stating if I would like copies of my statements to contact them advising of the accounts & dates required.

I kind of feel it’s taking the P.. that’s the whole reason of the SAR.

Edited by adam1992

Your bank is not required to provide copies of the actual bank statements, but they must provide you with your personal data contained within them, for example, by providing you with a list of transactions.

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/your-right-to-get-copies-of-your-data/what-to-expect-after-making-a-subject-access-request/

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 months later...

Had an absolute nightmare getting these. Couldn’t get posted out, only to the bank for collection..

I’ve received statements (on actual statement paper not just A4) from around 2008-2013.

The account is shamefully from inception pretty much always overdrawn or made right to instantly overdrawn again.

A few charges nothing major, but there’s nothing from 2013 onwards... I don’t understand. I’ve letters about charges in that time frame.

• 1 month later...

well theres got to be a reason they sold it on..

could just be a business decision as they'll get lots back through taxes and insurances they have etc etc 

NW wouldn't have lost out

but it does puzzle me when we've seen far worse cases with regards to the debt being heavily inflated by charges/od interest/fees etc than yours and NW themselves have done court.

go thru that sar again particularly the account/comms/notes log see if you can spot reasons.

if PRA have been mainly quiet since you came here in 13mts ago id not kick their pram wheels

yours is not the next move toward their involvement

and they

17 hours ago, dx100uk said:

if PRA have been mainly quiet since you came here in 13mts ago id not kick their pram wheels

yours is not the next move toward their involvement

I'll await PRA I suppose.

What's odd is going through the SAR is how little there is - no default notice, no collections letters, no assignment notice, there's nothing in it..

2008 - Signed Account Form

2008  -ID Verification

2008  - Account Open Letter

01/14- Complaint About Overdraft Charges (Jan £54, Feb £90)

Complaint rejected but as gesture they cancelled the Unarranged Fees 

05/15 - Letter regarding complaint- account won’t be put into default whilst with collections. -  over £350 over drawn above the limit of £1250 (However, letter is dated 23rd July 2020….

05/16  -Letter from CAB Assisting For Account.

08/18 – Response to complaint at Westcott contacting me early hours on behalf of Natwest and rejected.

Edited by adam1992

• 3 weeks later...

Hi DX, Andy

I've received another SAR last week, with all the statements (no extra letters..)

Attached a sheet I think it's right - interest/charges

I feel this should of defaulted well before it did looking at how many times it was OD and graduated in '11.

Natwest.xls

Edited by adam1992

urm not sure what you are doing there.

dont put any interest payments in

just FFEs

but it turns out very low

are you still paying?

Copy of Natwest.xls

and they

pers i'd let this run

until/unless you get a letter of claim.

and they

• 1 year later...

Open

and they

After having I think 1 letter in nearly 2 years from PRA they’ve sent me one last week stating they will be transferring it over to Moorcroft..

I’m assuming they just mean getting them to do the legwork rather than a sale of the account as there’s not a notice of assignment or anything 

moorcroft dont buy debts.

and they