Arrow Global Vanquis

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is kind of what I was thinking. To me it should either be defaulted by the OC ages ago.

Or when it was sold in 2019 and given to someone else. To do it now seems absurd.

3 hours ago, adam1992 said:

To me it should either be defaulted by the OC ages ago.

which is what you goto them and complain about.

and get it sorted

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I can do that then this weekend. Although neither DCA or OC reports this on my file so assume that’s not an issue?

Just typing this up, can't find a direct template via the search bar so guessing its just a polite letter asking if they can look into it.

When the plan began, was paid on time and feel penalised that whilst making good on my end, this is actually more detrimental than being defaulted at the time. And other creditors at the time defaulted myself.

And that really between 3-6 months it could have been defaulted.

And then see what they say?

what would have been your 3rd missed or short payment date.

i would expect this to be week 3 of your DMP?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

pers i think i'd leave this well  alone then ....do nothing until/if the DCA does try and file a registered defaulted date via a default notice under the CCA section 87 (which they can't do) the D they are spouting about means nothing as no-one else bar you and the debt owner can see it. 

the letter you posted is simply a termination letter that they are quite able to issue but in real terms means nothing again toward your file.

and they

Ok thanks DX.

On 26/03/2021 at 02:25, dx100uk said:

the D they are spouting about means nothing as no-one else bar you and the debt owner can see it. 

Can I just ask what you mean here, I thought if I had a search made a potential creditor/bank would see this wouldn’t they?

the D they are spouting about means nothing as no-one else bar you and the debt owner can see it. 

can't keep repeating myself.

no one doing a credit check can ever see the calendar section of any debt.

only you and the owner of the debt can see that.

and they

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

pers i think i'd leave this well  alone then ....do nothing until/if the DCA does try and file a registered defaulted date via a default notice under the CCA section 87 (which they can't do) the D they are spouting about means nothing as no-one else bar you and the debt owner can see it. 

the letter you posted is simply a termination letter that they are quite able to issue but in real terms means nothing again toward your file.

as above

and they

Sorry to correct you dx  but one of the main things a prospective creditor will examine is the credit history of the applicant.

"https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/how-lenders-view-your-credit/

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

unless the summary status of the debt is says 'late payment' other creditors cannot see the calendar section... only you and the owner can.

and they

Where are you getting this from DX, it is completely opposite to the information I have from Experian. I would think a prospective creditor would want to know, say, how old a default is?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

It should be, of course.

There should also be mention of it on the information page.

a D in the calendar section cannot be reported in the summary/information section about a debt as default.

it is NOT ... no DN has ever been issued to allow that. it would be reported there as late payment if at all. 

and they

The situation is this.

If the debt had a default recorded before a payment arrangement is made. And the creditor agrees to an arrangement, then a D. should not show on the file. However, if one month is missed the creditor is permitted to mark it with a D.

What you have to argue is that this is unfair, especially if some  other marker, had been applied in the interim. What you want is the marker on the account then for it to be backdated.

A default or missed payment is always viewable to any prospective creditor, if it wasn't, there would be no point to having one. 

40 minutes ago, Peterbard said:

A default or missed payment is always viewable to any prospective creditor, if it wasn't, there would be no point to having one

both of which ONLY appear in the monthly calendar view which any prospective creditors cannot see (unless they own that debt) even if they do a hard search. not sure how many more times we need to point this out.

such markers would however impact your credit rating score. 

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Why are you rocking the boat?

When vanquis sell these to arrow or whoever, they usually default the account and backdate to when the arrangement was made. I say usually, not always, that's where the trouble starts, when they do not backdate they default,  then you have to remind them.

peter

On 09/05/2021 at 23:52, dx100uk said:

both of which ONLY appear in the monthly calendar view which any prospective creditors cannot see (unless they own that debt) even if they do a hard search. not sure how many more times we need to point this out.

such markers would however impact your credit rating score. 

We? Dx the credit rating is based on what the CRA think the creditors will make of the report. So if it affected the score, they must think the data is available to the prospective creditor. Simple logic.

Frustrating after almost 6 years after the payment plan with the OC but 

Arrow have slapped a juicy default for this debt now for April 2021 on my file and begun reporting to agencies for the next 6 years.. 

Saving grace is they haven’t given me a compliant section 87 default notice if they take it further. 

this has been on my mind the past few days and I can’t help but feel it’s all a bit unfair as a system.

In hindsight I’d have been better off not making any payment at all & just defaulting 5 years ago with the OC.

AG aren’t a creditor, they didn’t extend me any credit (in fact I’ve not had the ‘credit’ for 4-5 years to begin with due to the repayment plan) yet they can put a default on my file in 2021 that potential lenders will see until I’m almost 40..

For me any agreement was terminated at the point of debt sale. Which again was 2 years back now..

Just having a moan/rant I suppose. I understand that’s the way it is & the situation I’ve gotten into. But still stings.

• 2 weeks later...

Re the above. Vanquis removed the marker the same day as my last post, no contact no apology yet again. That restores my 100% success rate.

Bad news is that I will not be able to use this case, It would not be fair on the debtors, who are very elderly and have had enough, dont blame them. However at least they now have a clean CF.