Stoneacre Lifeline Guarantee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, super sorry if this has been covered before but any help and advice (including telling me there is nothing I can do) would be appreciated.

I bought my original car from Stoneacre and paid for the lifeline guarantee,

about 12 months later they invited me down to the showroom and I changed cars.

There was a bit of back and forth about the guarantee as they said it was only for the original car, but in the end they ageed to transfer it over to my new one. 

Now this is the part that is ticking me off,

I HAVE to have my car serviced and MOT'd with them for the guarantee to be valid.

Which I wouldn't have a problem with if their charges were competitive.

I have just got off the phone to their call centre, and they want me to pay £200 a year for my service and MOT to ensure my guarantee is valid.

I feel like I am paying twice and that they feel they have me in a corner so can charge what they like.

A sales manager is meant to be calling me back tomorrow to discuss but I can't see anything changing. 

I mentioned to the guy on the phone that I no longer want a relationship with Stoneacre if this is their aftercare service, and would like them to look in to at least a partial refund on the guarantee as I feel it was missold, with the fact I wasn't told of the amount they would expect me to pay each year in for service and MOT. 

Do you think I have anything going for me, or am I best either;

1) sucking it up and paying to keep the guarantee valid

or

2) cut my loss, write the guarantee money off, and go to a local trusted garage for service and MOT?

Thanks in advance. 

no guarantee nor warranty is ever worth the paper its written on.

consumer rights act

is your FREE friend.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx100UK, I am starting to lean towards telling them to stuff it and forgetting about the money already paid out. Never going to get a warranty like that again, thats for sure!!!!