• Tweets

• Just to clear it up, sorry I don't make sense sometimes. I have paid £4000 £1200 of that was suppose to clear the £1200 debt.   Meaning I have sent a extra £2800 on top of my normal mainternance money.   Thank you
    • Try CPR 31.15 Possibly but a party is not compelled to disclose any documents pre allocation
    • Hi, I shown my key worker a letter that was sent to me saying that I owe £1200, she setup a standing order around 2021, this was to pay back money I owed, with my mental health status I have had complex issues to deal with and I just simply forgot about this standing order so it has been running for about 3.5 years acording to my key worker, anyway I'm not worried about the money that was sent that I call a overpayment, it went towards supporting my child's household so I am just happy with that, I am a little sad that I am being told I still owe this £1200, I have sent bank statements over 3 years worth but they have not taken away this £1200 bill and still say I owe it   Thank you
    • She did try contacting EON in the early days of the debt but they refused to speak to her because she could not pass the security checks. She didn't know the answers on an account she hadn't opened?   I also saw this article recently which could be what has happended here: Debt collection agencies in the UK are using fair means or foul to link people to an address where an unpaid debt has been run up, sometimes years after they have moved out The Guardian Anna Tims Mon 22 Apr 2024 The letter from the debt collection agency arrived out of the blue, and it was intimidating. It informed Joshua Simpson* that he owed £2,212 to Octopus Energy, and accused him of ignoring previous requests to settle the bill. If he did not stump up within 14 days, he was told, further action would be taken to recover the money. Simpson checked his Octopus account – it was in credit. Then he noticed the address where the debt had been accrued between 2022 and 2023. It was his childhood home – which his family had sold 18 years previously. "Since I was only 16 when we left the property, I was astonished that they'd linked my name [to it]," he says. "The debt collection agency insisted I provide a tenancy agreement to prove how long I've lived at my current address. I couldn't, since we bought our home. "They are now actively pursuing me for this debt, causing me a huge amount of stress. We are about to remortgage, and if this debt prevents us switching to a better deal, we will face real financial hardship." Simpson had been sucked into the shadowy world of "identity tracing", whereby investigators recruited by creditors seek to locate individuals who have moved home without paying their bills. It is an unregulated sector where anyone can set up as an agent in a back room without a licence, or scrutiny, and use fair means or foul to identify debtors. Reputable companies join a trade association that operates a code of practice, but membership is not mandatory, and mistakes are common. Last year, a teenage boy was chased for a debt of more than £900 by debt collectors acting for the energy company Ovo. A "trace agent" had somehow linked him to the debt because his parents had previously rented the property in question. An investigation by the Observer established that the debt had been run up by a subsequent tenant. The consequences of mistaken identity can be catastrophic. Individuals who are erroneously linked to a debt face, at worst, court action, bailiffs and a ruined credit rating. At best, they can endure weeks of stress and paperwork in order to prove they are not the debtor. It is estimated that 20m identity traces are made in the UK every year, many on behalf of companies that are owed money. Personal data is often obtained from credit reference agencies, which record applications for credit, and details are supposed to be verified with several different sources before being used for debt enforcement. In practice, however, this does not always happen. Simpson's details had been passed along a chain of intermediaries before the demand was issued. Octopus had given the unpaid account to a debt collection agent, which had contracted a tracing service, GBG, to find the debtor................ Full Article: https://www.theguardian.com/money/2023/oct/04/a-cry-for-help-energy-providers-play-the-villain-in-dramas-to-chill-the-blood ..............The Financial Ombudsman Service, which investigates complaints about financial firms, states that debt collection agents have to produce convincing evidence to link an individual to a debt, rather than rely on names, addresses and birth dates. According to the trade association, the Institute of Professional Investigators, an unknown number of investigators and trace agents are operating below the radar. Many more are merely inept, as data protection compliance training is not mandatory. "We have been campaigning for many, many years to try to get all private investigators regulated," says secretary general Glyn Evans.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

chezt V Abbey Credit Card

chezt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK just done prelim to claim back 6yrs of charges on my Abbey Credit Card - dunno if this is in right place as it actually was transferred to MBNA some time ago but all my statements etc still come through with Abbey on the top. So here goes!

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right I need advice already!

I've recently started a DMP with CCCS & Abbey/MBNA are not being very co-operative with the plan. They keep phoning & a very rude man from RMA (presumably a debt collection company) called & just put the phone down on my hubby when he said I wasn't here. Finally spoke to them on Friday & said I wasn't pleased how they were rude to my hubby & they said he probably asked what the call was regarding & they couldn't discuss it with him. I said there still was no need to be that rude! He said they had records that we dealing with CCCS but hadn't received anything. I said they had already had 2 letters from me and a token payment & CCCS had now written to me advising they had contacted all creditors giving details of new payments etc. He said they hadn't had anything yet & asked if the Abbey were aware. I said yes so he asked what they said!

Anyway, yesterday a card has arrived in the post from them stating ...

'I confirm that I will be calling on Friday between 8am-7pm. If inconvenient then call 08717 506699' Presumably this means call to the house?! Dunno what to do now - any suggestions?

I've now prepared my prelim to post 2moro for my claim (which is about 2/3rds of my debt with them!) as I thought this may help stop the 'harassment' if the account was technically in dispute.

Any help/advice on my next step would really be appreciated - I really don't want to face anyone on my doorstep! :sad:

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Anyone?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

I would give the CCCS people a ring and explain what is happening. I would also ring the number on the card, assuming it is a debt collection agency, and tell them that the account/Debt is in dispute. Back this up in writing as well. Remeber no one has the right to enter your property unless they have a warrent. So if they are debt collectors, don't invite them in. You do need to seek advice from your CCCS people. Hope this helps.

Regards bish.

• Haha 1

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

I would give the CCCS people a ring and explain what is happening. I would also ring the number on the card, assuming it is a debt collection agency, and tell them that the account/Debt is in dispute. Back this up in writing as well. Remeber no one has the right to enter your property unless they have a warrent. So if they are debt collectors, don't invite them in. You do need to seek advice from your CCCS people. Hope this helps.

Regards bish.

Sorry for the delay in replying Bish - I've been kinda tied up on my other claims!!

I didn't ring the number on the card as it's one of those premium rate numbers n I HATE those! I spoke to CCCS tho who said I dont even have to answer the door. Also that they should prob 'back off' once they start getting their payments. Anyway I sent my prelim claiming back the charges n guess what???

Really nice letter this morning from Abbey C/Card about my financial problems & how they wanna help me through this & they've stopped all charges n interest to make sure my balance doesn't increase!

Wonder if my prelim has had anything to do with this change of tune eh?

Lets see what happens from here on then eh! :rolleyes:

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

No probs chezt, just glad you have got a result. Keep at them as we all should and good luck with it.

Regards bish.:D

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

Forgot to add - The DCA called back again after the nice letter ... I started by telling them I wasn't impressed they were so rude to my hubby ... the very professional (NOT!!!) man then advised that 'he probably asked what the call was about & they couldn't tell him 'cos of DPA' .... 'No need to be rude though' I say .... He repeated himself so I butted in .... 'Still no need or excuse to be rude' says me! 'If you let me speak & finish explaining' he says ... 'WELL YOU WOULDN'T LET MY HUBBY WOULD YOU SO WHY SHOULD I??!!' says me! :lol:

Anway I told him about the letter from & that I didn't know why he was still calling and suggested he checked his records ... he said they had it passed to them & obviously hadn't been updated and that it they were another department (funny that .... I was lead to beleive the were a DCA - not another dept within Abbey!?) so I said 'Not my problem' & suggested he went & sorted it.

Before I let him go I said i presumbed they wouldn't be sending someone to call on me & he said he would make sure the call was cancelled.

None of this really relevant now - just wanted to make a note incase someone has a similar experience as it can be a bit scary ..... :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Chetz, in another forum on here is there is a letter that you can send them that reminds them of their obligations and that you can and will report them to their governing body and the Trading Standards office should they not cease and desist harrassing you, I would do a search on DCA's and see what comes up.

I will try and dig it out and post the link

Hope this helps

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Chetz, in another forum on here is there is a letter that you can send them that reminds them of their obligations and that you can and will report them to their governing body and the Trading Standards office should they not cease and desist harrassing you, I would do a search on DCA's and see what comes up.

I will try and dig it out and post the link

Hope this helps

hi Lula ... think I've seen that too ... is it in the templates?? Anyway, the calls seem to have stopped for now but I'll deffo go with that if summat like this happens again ... I'm not scared now! ;)

Thanks for your post .... muchly appreciated :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

ok, this is the harrassment by telephone letter to send then if the beggars call again, hope this helps

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

Cheers me dears .... much appreciated :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Hi Chetz,

I have had the same probs and I am also with the CCCS. They told me you can ask them to take your tel no off your acc to stop them harrassing you. The abbey credit card are hopeless, i once spent 27 mins trying to get through to tell them I couldn't afford to pay and was with the CCCS, being past from diff depts then was told they hadn't heard of the CCCS by some snotty bloke. Serious need of training or what!!!

good luck with them I am going to start with them soon

Hi Chetz,

I have had the same probs and I am also with the CCCS. They told me you can ask them to take your tel no off your acc to stop them harrassing you. The abbey credit card are hopeless, i once spent 27 mins trying to get through to tell them I couldn't afford to pay and was with the CCCS, being past from diff depts then was told they hadn't heard of the CCCS by some snotty bloke. Serious need of training or what!!!

good luck with them I am going to start with them soon

Yes - I think they employ monkeys (sorry monkeys!) who have no idea how to speak to folk & have absolutely no training!! Very poor service.

Hopefully things will settle down with my creditors once the payments start going through ... bit scary when you get the default notices coming through etc but I'm gonna claim back as much as I can from them first & deal with any defaults I can etc later.

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Yes - I think they employ monkeys (sorry monkeys!) who have no idea how to speak to folk & have absolutely no training!! Very poor service.

Hopefully things will settle down with my creditors once the payments start going through ... bit scary when you get the default notices coming through etc but I'm gonna claim back as much as I can from them first & deal with any defaults I can etc later.

Just popping by with a bit of moral support, Chez. Yes, you have to give these people as good as you get - and then some. You're right, though, they're all monkeys. And as for the gorilla on your doorstep - they never turn up in my experience. I've had a few of those "personal visit to discuss..." cards, and they just send them as a scare tactic. You wait in - quaking in your boots - and a day goes past before you realise what they've just done to you. Five mins to print out a card and post it for them. A whole day worrying for you. War of nerves, it is.

But YOU'RE winning it !! :)

Well - I just popped in to say "How you doin' ?" - and what do I see ? :x

Whoops soz Bill ... am I forgiven? ur obviously much more higher ranking than a chimp! :D

Just popping by with a bit of moral support, Chez. Yes, you have to give these people as good as you get - and then some. You're right, though, they're all monkeys. And as for the gorilla ((Is this your job then??:o )) on your doorstep - they never turn up in my experience. I've had a few of those "personal visit to discuss..." cards, and they just send them as a scare tactic. You wait in - quaking in your boots - and a day goes past before you realise what they've just done to you. Five mins to print out a card and post it for them. A whole day worrying for you. War of nerves, it is.

But YOU'RE winning it !! :)

Thanks for the support :D

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Just to update .... Forgot to add I rec'd a letter dated 4th Dec 'we are currently investigating your complaint & will send you a full response by 25th december!!) Nice CQ in time for 'xmas day?????:rolleyes:

Also got a default letter dated 2nd Dec 'withdrawing my credit line as I'm now in arrears' (just started DMP with CCCS) ... 'a default notice may be served ...'

The 14 days prelim is now up so need to do LBA ... should I now start to mention the default removal ... I'm a bit puzzled by this bit tbh ... can I still ask for removal even though I'll still ava balance once charges are repaid? (sorry for repeating myself in all my threads!) :oops:

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

tell abbey as the account is in DISPUTE they cannot default you until the dispute is resolved, in your LBA.

OK thanks I'll do just that ..... presumably once they pay out then they can register another default then?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

• 3 weeks later...

I received this letter from Abbey a few days ago ... ready for a laugh!! ...

'We refer to your recent correspondence concerning default fees (and the others??) on your account. I would like to clarify the situation from our perspective. (go on then :rolleyes: )

The way in which we calculate our default fees is confidential and contains business sensitive information, (wot like your profits etc ...!)which could not be disclosed to the public domain. However, we have always set out precisely what our charges are in our agreement with you, as they are an integral part of the terms & conditions under which we are prepared to provide credit facilities. (ah that's ok then!) When customers pay late, we incur substantial costs in dealing with their default. Similarly, we have set credit limits carefuly for each customer and for good reason. We expect every customer to respect their credit limit. if a customer goes over their credit limit, he or she is unsing the card in a way that is not allowed, in effect obtaining unauthorised borrowing. We, therefore, lend more than we agreed to, and take on risks, which were never accepted in the first place. (still awake everyone?!) In the case of both late payments and overlimit usage, and also where a cheque is returned unpaid, we look at the portfolio as a whole and set uniform charges reflecting our costs of dealing with such defaults (YEAH RIGHT! :rolleyes: ) of customers overall, as do all other major credit card providers (yeah that's why they also have loadsa folk claiming from them too!). This approach allows us to be clear & upfront about all default charges and the basis on which they are applied.

Our view is therefore that the charges that you agreed to are valid, faitr and enforceable. Prior to July 2006, term 3b of your credit agreement with us clearly stated that you must pay £25 each time your payment had not reached your account within 1 day of your payment due date, or when you exceeded your credit limit, or a cheque was returned unpaid.

OK here comes the good bit ...... We do value your custom and so we would like to resolve this matter. I have therefore arranged for a goodwill payment of £XXX (?? er how much?? .. the letter actually says £XXX!!!), to be [sent to you by cheque within the next ten working days/credited to your account] (OK which is it????? again the letter actually says that!)on the basis that this is in full & final settlement of your complaint/I trust that you will find this an acceptable resolution. (err again ... which one?!?!?)

:lol: PMSL & ROFLMAO at this point ... what a bunch of unprofessional dooo daaahhhs!! :p do you think they've been getting tips from a forum like this one but for the banks & have used a template letter but forgetting to delete/fill in the blanks??

OK, next bit of letter.....

'You will know that the OFT issued guidelines in April 2006 for the level of credit card default charged. MBNA disagrees with the OFT's interpretation of the law & continues to maintain that it's default charges have always been fair, legail and transparent (Oh so that's why you won't disclose the details as stated above then..?) However, we decided to reduce our default charges to £12 with effect from 28 june for late and returned payments, and 28 July for overlimit fees. You will have received notification of the changes to the T&C, which we expect you to honour. If you do not do so, we will have no alternative but to cancel your card & to formally terminate your credit agreement (:o )

I enclose a copy of 'Our commitment to you' leaflet for your information. if we do not hear from you within 8wks of the date of this letter we will assume the matter is closed' ((Signed Assistant Vice President))

HAHA ... so do I accept the offer of £XXX by cheque/credited to my account or whatever then?? .... Answers on a postcard!

Off to draft a reply letter to be sent in next few days .... Any comments, snide etc gratefully received & considered!!! PMSL!:D

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Here's what I've done so far ....

Letter Deleted as I amended it ... see later post below for new version!

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

What d'ya think ........ :confused:

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

I must have clicked Unsubscribe again, Chez, as I wouldn't have missed that one for the world !! What a priceless little gem !!

Well done, BTW, for managing to compose the reply with a straight face !!

I can only add this:

In the penultimate para. I'd suggest you use summat like "It is imperative that you ensure that this is not implemented" as opposed to "Please ensure that no further action is taken with this" - which sounds like you're asking them to do nothing, when in fact they need to get off their @$$es and cancel it.

...and perhaps this:-

"I feel sure however, that you will not consider this a viable or cost-effective option, nor a multiple-choice questionnaire, as I am not offering any options."

....sorry - couldn't help it. No - we better stay serious.

Bl...bl....blaaaaaaahaaahhaaaahaaa !!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ah just cross out the £XXX write in your full claim total and send it back lol

really though your letter sounds fine,tho I do agree with bill about the default paragraph.:D

Great idea!!! :lol:

I must have clicked Unsubscribe again, Chez,
:-x

I can only add this:

In the penultimate para. I'd suggest you use summat like "It is imperative that you ensure that this is not implemented" as opposed to "Please ensure that no further action is taken with this" - which sounds like you're asking them to do nothing, when in fact they need to get off their @$$es and cancel it.!!

OK guys ... sounds good to me ... I'll amend & send!! - Thanks!

...and perhaps this:-

"I feel sure however, that you will not consider this a viable or cost-effective option, nor a multiple-choice questionnaire, as I am not offering any options."

....sorry - couldn't help it. No - we better stay serious.

Bl...bl....blaaaaaaahaaahhaaaahaaa !!

Bill snide at it's best .... if only I dare .... :D

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Oh Karney meant to ask (Dare I?!) ... wot's with the lettuce??!!?! :-?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Letter posted recorded today (fingers X'd it get's there!!) here's final version which is only slightly different from above...

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I refer to your very comprehensive letter dated 20th December 2006 relating to my request for repayment of charges. I have noted the contents of your letter and I am unable to accept your offer as you do not actually note what your offer is! I am disappointed that despite my request not to do so, that you have simply replied using standard reply templates. This is obvious to me due to the fact that you have failed to complete and delete the appropriate standard areas. I feel that you are not taking my request seriously and am quite frankly disgusted by the level of absent professionalism shown by your company regarding this matter.

I would again draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

As previously advised, I calculate that you have taken £xx.xx plus £xx.xx which you have charged me in interest for the sums which you have taken. Total £xx.xx.

In addition to this amount, I also claim interest at an annual rate of xx.xx% compounded daily as set out in the attached schedule of charges. I believe this rate to be justified under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity: it is based on your standard rate for purchases that would be applied under the terms of the above-mentioned account. Therefore the total amount owed as of today’s date is £ xx.xx and I am enclosing an updated copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the 24th November 2006. Please be aware this is amount increasing daily.

I would be obliged if you could now refund the full amount requested, by cheque and without further delay. Failure to do so will leave me no alternative but to begin a claim against you (in the County Court on 23rd January 2007) for the balance including interest, plus my costs and without further notice. I feel sure however, that you will not consider this a viable or cost-effective option.

I note that since the date of my first letter, I have received a default notice. It is imperative that you ensure this is not implemented as I presume you are well aware that as you have signed up to the Banking Code, you are unable to default an account which is in dispute. If you continue to do so you will be in breach of the Banking Code. I trust this clarifies the situation with this and I would like written confirmation from you advising this action has been cancelled.

I trust this clarifies my position and I look forward to receiving your positive reply. You are reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale.

Yours faithfully

chezt

As I say - Only a few changes from above so the clock is ticking! :rolleyes:

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Letter posted recorded today (fingers X'd it get's there!!) here's final version which is only slightly different from above...

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I refer to your very comprehensive letter dated 20th December 2006 relating to my request for repayment of charges. I have noted the contents of your letter and I am unable to accept your offer as you do not actually note what your offer is! I am disappointed that, despite my request not to do so, that you have simply replied using standard reply templates. This is obvious to me due to the fact that you have failed to complete and delete the appropriate standard areas. I feel that you are not taking my request seriously and am quite frankly disgusted by the level of absent professionalism shown by your company regarding this matter.

I would again draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

As previously advised, I calculate that you have taken £xx.xx plus £xx.xx which you have charged me in interest for the sums which you have taken. Total £xx.xx.

In addition to this amount, I also claim interest at an annual rate of xx.xx% compounded daily as set out in the attached schedule of charges. I believe this rate to be justified under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity: it is based on your standard rate for purchases that would be applied under the terms of the above-mentioned account. Therefore the total amount owed as of today’s date is £xx.xx and I am enclosing an updated copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the 24th November 2006. Please be aware this is amount is increasing daily.

I would be obliged if you could now refund the full amount requested, by cheque and without further delay. Failure to do so will leave me no alternative but to begin a claim against you (in the County Court on 23rd January 2007) for the balance including interest, plus my costs and without further notice. I feel sure however, that you will not consider this a viable or cost-effective option.

I note that since the date of my first letter, I have received a default notice. It is imperative that you ensure this is not implemented as I presume you are well aware that as you have signed up to the Banking Code, you are unable to default an account which is in dispute. If you continue to do so you will be in breach of the Banking Code. I trust this clarifies the situation with this and I would like written confirmation from you advising this action has been cancelled.

I trust this clarifies my position and I look forward to receiving your positive reply. You are reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale.

Yours faithfully

chezt

As I say - Only a few changes from above so the clock is ticking! :rolleyes:

Brill - Chez. Just a coupla typo's was all I could spot. Add the red and delete the green.

Hit 'em, matey !! :)