Carers Allowance, UC Advice

redrose1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We are a mixed aged couple and my partner receives his state pension of £168 per week beginning of November.

We currently have a joint claim for ESA but that stops due to the pension starting.

We will have his state pension and my carers allowance.

What I need to know is I worked out that we'd have to pay £21 per week rent and ct of £11.

Is this correct as at moment we receive housing benefit in full?

I was told not to apply for UC as it will strip me of the carers so we just don't know what do to and not getting much advice.

you don't 'lose' your carers allowance

the weekly figure [x4] is simply deducted from whatever monthly UC figure they decide you are entitled to.

https://www.mariecurie.org.uk/help/support/benefits-entitlements/carers/premium

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well I can only go from what I have exp of....

my friends get UC

they get CTAX relief

he get carers but NOT for his partner but their daughter.

unsure on housing benefit as they are owners not renters.

so that might be the diffs.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

goto the entitled.to site and fill out the survey....

and they

Agree you need to use a benefits calculator website such as Entitledto or Turn2us.

The welfare rights persons seems to have raised more questions than they answered or you simply did not take in what information you were being told.

You have not given enough information for anyone to properly advise you on an internet forum.

Use the benefits calculator and if you are still confused, go back to the welfare rights person.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have been told by the council and welfare rights again because I receive £64. and my partner £168 state pension we aren't entitled to help with the rent and that I would have to pay from the carers £79 per week rent payments and that we couldn't claim universal credit as they would also tell us we aren't entitled. I'm at my wits end as by the time we pay full rent and council tax along with bills and food we aren't going to manage. 

how did you get on filling out entitled.to or turn2us benefits survey

and they

it said £78.02 / weekly Our estimate is based on the information you have entered and does not guarantee entitlement. It uses 19/20 benefit and tax rates. This amount is made up of the following benefits: 

Universal Credit £0.00 / weekly On the basis of the data entered you are not entitled to Universal Credit. We estimate your monthly Universal Credit will be £0.00.

Carers Allowance £66.15 / weekly Client Carer's Allowance entered by user. For more information see Result page

Council Tax Support £11.87 / weekly Your full Council Tax bill of £23.73 per week will be reduced to £11.87 per week because of your entitlement to Council Tax Support. The amount you get can be affected by other benefits. We have included the amounts we have calculated for Carer's Allowance (£66.15 per week).

Does this mean we would receive help paying our rent as I don't understand them.

No, it is telling you based on the information you entered, that you are not entitled to Housing rent costs.  The only help you may receive is help with Council Tax.

What type of housing ? Standard private rent, housing association, sheltered housing. 

Apart from carers allowance £66.15 per week and £168 per week pension per week, do you or husband receive any other benefits ?

Any other sources of income e.g. Private pension, savings interest on savings exceeding £6000.

My rough calculation is that you would have benefit income of about £1014 and your rent is about £344.  So you seem to have money left each month towards other living costs.

Not quite sure what issue you are raising here.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Pension credit no longer seems to apply in this situation. For mixed age couple, with only one of state pension credit age, from 13th August 2019 the option available was to claim Universal Credit.  But by my calculation, pointless claiming Universal Credit as the deductions for Pension and Carers Allowance would exceed Standard Allowance plus Housing.

My suggestion is that the next step is to contact Age UK or other charity that helps pensioners. https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/money-legal/benefits-entitlements. 

Who is being cared for ? 

Changes to Pension Credit eligibility

From 15 May 2019, if you’re in a couple you’ll only be eligible to start getting Pension Credit if either:

• you and your partner have both reached State Pension age
  • one of you is getting Housing Benefit for people over State Pension age

If you’re not already getting Pension Credit on 14 May 2019, you can backdate your claim. You could still be eligible to get Pension Credit.

You can ask for your claim to be backdated to 14 May or before. You’ll need to apply by 13 August 2019 to do this.

You can apply for Universal Credit instead if you’re still not eligible.