• Tweets

• As I recall the only thing you tried telling us was based on a quote that you selectively edited by Lord James of Blackheath. You misrepresented it as a statement of fact when it was actually a question which was laughed at by his peers in the House of Lords.  We told you it was garbage, you asked us to prove it and we did.   Remember?
    • you need to realise that for every person that does come to CAG and register and tell their story...there are poss 10'000 that don't but search the interweb whereby threads that are here pop up relating to like issues they are searching upon.   Most CAG siteteam and many other registered Caggers give advice that bears this in mind and post information which not only informs the starter of a thread upon what to do, but also takes into consideration the readers from the interweb that also read the relevant advice given that might not be brave enough to register and fess up.   to that end, there is very little alternative than to appear to give 'grief' [you deserve it - tough] to a cagger should certain previous advice not have been followed.....yours is a very classic case of such. hey I've found a backdoor CCJ.   to put it bluntly, had you have followed such previous advice, you most certainly would not be in the situation you are in here now.. .so by example, not giving you grief, for future readers...………..   ...never ever move without informing a debt owner of a move of address on any consumer debt that you last used or paid within the last say 7yrs. your credit file is a major key to ascertaining that information.... .but don't just read this advice come to the consumeractiongroup.co.uk website and let us help.   lecture over... what can you do..or more importantly....what can a claimant do now they have a default forthwith judgement against you. well we can't guess.... they might simply ignore it as 1000's of people with CCJ's find out..but it becomes an issue should you wish to say get a mortgage, remortgage or further credit.   i'm not going to enter into any of that here...that's for the reader to start a thread here and seek advice on their individual situation specific to them as you have done....   so...  bearing the all of the above in mind...over to you with regard to this backdoor CCJ.   as for the other debts that you didn't action before...go read your old thread and action what appropriate advice is given there for each type of debt that has been given should you wish to avoid any further backdoor CCJ's.   dx                    
    • hello my very good helpful friend. I am afraid to say that i did not. As i did not realise the relevance of it.   Should i be doing this right now of anyone on my credit file ?   Plz don't give me grief if u have already advised me...   do i do the ccs request now to everybody in that thread ?    
    • aha busted and stupid ...no wonder you've got mixed information here. never trust anything they say ..they have a very bad reputation for stating the truth.   now can you go get your credit file please..   there are cases whereby a council on historic CTAX debts do go for a county court CCJ, but a liability order from a magistrates court has far more clout legally than a county court CCJ and i've never heard of a court sending a bailiff out for 'multiple' CCJ collection.   me thinks he is pulling the wool here a bit and has looked at your credit file and seen CCJ's too so thought he'd chance his arm and use those as further leverage.   don't worry about the sat visit simply ignore do not answer the door if he appears. your task is too gather data at present.   credit file please..        
  • Our picks

redrose1

Carers Allowance, UC Advice

We are a mixed aged couple and my partner receives his state pension of £168 per week beginning of November.

We currently have a joint claim for ESA but that stops due to the pension starting.

We will have his state pension and my carers allowance.

What I need to know is I worked out that we'd have to pay £21 per week rent and ct of £11.

Is this correct as at moment we receive housing benefit in full?

I was told not to apply for UC as it will strip me of the carers so we just don't know what do to and not getting much advice.

They would subtract carers allowance from your UC, but you would get a carers premium.

Have you tried a benefit calculator like entitled to?

So they would take off Carers and give you less UC do you mean? Don't know what a carers premium is. 

you don't 'lose' your carers allowance

the weekly figure [x4] is simply deducted from whatever monthly UC figure they decide you are entitled to.

https://www.mariecurie.org.uk/help/support/benefits-entitlements/carers/premium

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Welfare rights lady told us not to claim uc as it would affect the carers allowance and what we pay in housing benefit.

well I can only go from what I have exp of....

my friends get UC

they get CTAX relief

he get carers but NOT for his partner but their daughter.

unsure on housing benefit as they are owners not renters.

so that might be the diffs.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Thanks, Just wish someone out there could tell us what to do as our housing benefits due to stop.

goto the entitled.to site and fill out the survey....

spreadsheets 

Agree you need to use a benefits calculator website such as Entitledto or Turn2us.

The welfare rights persons seems to have raised more questions than they answered or you simply did not take in what information you were being told.

You have not given enough information for anyone to properly advise you on an internet forum.

Use the benefits calculator and if you are still confused, go back to the welfare rights person.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have been told by the council and welfare rights again because I receive £64. and my partner £168 state pension we aren't entitled to help with the rent and that I would have to pay from the carers £79 per week rent payments and that we couldn't claim universal credit as they would also tell us we aren't entitled. I'm at my wits end as by the time we pay full rent and council tax along with bills and food we aren't going to manage. 

how did you get on filling out entitled.to or turn2us benefits survey

spreadsheets 

it said £78.02 / weekly Our estimate is based on the information you have entered and does not guarantee entitlement. It uses 19/20 benefit and tax rates. This amount is made up of the following benefits: 

Universal Credit £0.00 / weekly On the basis of the data entered you are not entitled to Universal Credit. We estimate your monthly Universal Credit will be £0.00.

Carers Allowance £66.15 / weekly Client Carer's Allowance entered by user. For more information see Result page

Council Tax Support £11.87 / weekly Your full Council Tax bill of £23.73 per week will be reduced to £11.87 per week because of your entitlement to Council Tax Support. The amount you get can be affected by other benefits. We have included the amounts we have calculated for Carer's Allowance (£66.15 per week).

Does this mean we would receive help paying our rent as I don't understand them.

No, it is telling you based on the information you entered, that you are not entitled to Housing rent costs.  The only help you may receive is help with Council Tax.

What type of housing ? Standard private rent, housing association, sheltered housing. 

Apart from carers allowance £66.15 per week and £168 per week pension per week, do you or husband receive any other benefits ?

Any other sources of income e.g. Private pension, savings interest on savings exceeding £6000.

My rough calculation is that you would have benefit income of about £1014 and your rent is about £344.  So you seem to have money left each month towards other living costs.

Not quite sure what issue you are raising here.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I receive £66.15 per week and he receives his state pension of £168 per week. we don't get anything else.

Would the government minimum income guarantee apply to you?

https://www.gov.uk/pension-credit

When my MiL needed help after her circumstances changed, she went to see the local council's Welfare Rights person and they helped her. Maybe you could do that?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Pension credit no longer seems to apply in this situation. For mixed age couple, with only one of state pension credit age, from 13th August 2019 the option available was to claim Universal Credit.  But by my calculation, pointless claiming Universal Credit as the deductions for Pension and Carers Allowance would exceed Standard Allowance plus Housing.

My suggestion is that the next step is to contact Age UK or other charity that helps pensioners. https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/money-legal/benefits-entitlements. 

Who is being cared for ? 

Changes to Pension Credit eligibility

From 15 May 2019, if you’re in a couple you’ll only be eligible to start getting Pension Credit if either:

• you and your partner have both reached State Pension age
  • one of you is getting Housing Benefit for people over State Pension age

If you’re not already getting Pension Credit on 14 May 2019, you can backdate your claim. You could still be eligible to get Pension Credit.

You can ask for your claim to be backdated to 14 May or before. You’ll need to apply by 13 August 2019 to do this.

You can apply for Universal Credit instead if you’re still not eligible.