ParkingEye PCN - Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury - M5 J2 - ** *Claim Withdrawn***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

- this doesn't seem to be a common problem, so any advice would be appreciated.

The first I knew of a parking notice (PCN) was a threatening letter from Debt Recovery Plus. 

It implies they are a debt collector, but they are simply used by Parking Eye to leverage muscle and try to frighten people.

I never got any letter from ParkingEye:

not the initial PCN,

nor a Keeper Liability Notice,

nor a Final reminder.

Nope!

Straight to DR+ nasty letter an astonishing 76 days after the reported event.

(ironically all their post arrives successfully).

This has meant

1) I am outside the appeal window (and ParkingEye have confirmed I can go jump)

2) I therefore have no verification number to go to POPLA appeal.

I would consider conceding as life is too short except I am an authorised user of this parking space.

It is simply that on that day, I forgot to log my registration at Hotel Reception.

Normally - a PCN is issued and my work collegues simply pop across to the hotel who cancel it with ParkingEye in the first few days after issue.

The Hotel in question won't action my DR+ letter as they say that their contract is with ParkingEye AND (wrongly) that it is at the court stage.

It is, of course, not at the court stage because these silly letters from these Debt Agencies are designed to mislead and obfuscate the facts.

Has anyone had a similar experience and success appealing through some route or other? 

I will be ever grateful they want to mug me unfairly for £170 because they failed to get me a timely PCN.

Have you moved recently? 

That could be an explanation for PE's letters going missing.

Is the hotel part of a chain? 

If so I would be tempted to escalate to area manager level, say the hotel manager doesn't seem to know the basics of the law of the country he/she operates in, and you want PE's invoice cancelled.

If it's not part of a chain then a similar letter to the hotel itself - a letter, not an informal chat. 

It's time to stop being nice with people.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

First of all welcome to the Forum.

Do not worry about Drips+

-a dead sheep has more power so do not let them bother you and never contact them.

It is a pity that you wrote to PE  which would be perfectly normal, except with crooks like PE  as you may have revealed you were the driver.

You have lost the protection of POFA but it is not a fatal.

Please do not even think of paying a penny.

The amount may go higher in the short term but when the poor dears do not hear from you they get worried

( because they think to won't pay) do they start sending begging letters and reduce the amount owed.

One of the Site Team will be along shortly and give you a template to fill in which helps us to give you the best advice should they not give up.

Just complete the form and post up photos of the signs at the entrance to the hotel and others around the car park and the terms on their ticket machine if there is one.

please complete this:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dear lookfortheinfo & dx100uk.

Thanks for your advice

- it's very reassuring to know people are out there to help.

I've completed the template below and added further info.

I haven't actually posted my letter off to ParkingEye yet - it's ready to send (see attached).

My reason for sending it is for a GDPR Subject Access Request due their failure to comply.

I would also  copy in Holiday Inn Express, BPA and my MP,

but I'm happy to hold off and await your advice .

(and to be honest, it felt good to get it all down on paper!)  

PCN template details completed below:

1. Date of the infringement: 29/05/2019
  2. Date on NTK: no NTK issued
  3. Date received: N/A none was ever received
  4. Does NTK mention schedule 4 of the PoT Act 2012?: unknown - none ever received despite request
  5. Is there photographic evidence?: Y - PE CCTV shot
  6. Have you appealed?: Y Have you had a response: Y
  1. Who is the parking company: ParkingEye
  1. Where exactly: Holiday Inn Express, Birmingham, Oldbury, M5 J2
  2. Appeal body: BPA

All attachments are redacted for privacy. They include:

- my draft letter to PE (not yet sent)

- copies of my 3 DR+ letters - the only notifications I have received

- the photo evidence from the car park camera

- the email "reply" I received to my PE appeal (albeit late because I was denied the appeal window). Simply tells me they are forwarding my personal details to DR+

- I can't seem to access my appeal notes to PE in their online portal, but it spelled out that I'm an authorised patron of that parking space

Hang on with the letter till the experts come on, as bits that identify you as the driver definitely need to be changed and writing at all to Parking Lie might not be a good idea at this stage.

PE will have sent their letters (IF they sent them) to the address your vehicle is registered with at the DVLA.  With you moving, that could explain the missing correspondence.  Watch out with the DVLA, if you don't update your details and they find out, it's a grand's fine!

Yes, get on to the Holiday Inn area manager, and if they are useless, the CEO.  I reckon they will call their dogs off.

Edit - just reading PE's reply to you.  They are an utter disgrace (not a surprise I know).  They reckon you have broken some imaginary contract with them but refuse to give the details and say you have to contact a powerless third party.  Doubt a judge would be very impressed.

Edited by FTMDave
  • Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

he has moved since issuance

a reply at some point must be made else backdoor ccj time

have you to date informed PE of your correct address?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

had to take down your uploads

you MUST redact all ref no's reg no's etc etc

anything that can ID YOU!.

dx

and they

DX is right, get a two-line letter (not e-mail) off ASAP to PE with your new address.  The rest can wait.  First class post, free proof of posting.

Otherwise they could issue court papers to your old address, and win by default.  It's irrelevant that the powerless DCA has "found" you.

Plus fill in the DVLA's form, otherwise you risk £1000 fine (a real fine, not PE's nonsense).

Having done that - letter to the hotel area manager, and hopefully soon after you should be celebrating!

• dx100uk changed the title to ParkingEye PCN - Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury - M5 J2 nothing till DR+ letters

Hi all

Realised I mistyped my move date.

I moved 12 months ago and informed DVLA immediately of my new address.

This is all done and dusted.

My details are up to date and have been for the past year.

In addition, I've had mail  redirection in place since then, so nothing is sitting at old address.

However - you did get me thinking.

I bought this car in March this year - 2 months before this incident.

I completed all the transfer paperwork and received the new log.

Could it be that ParkingEye were using old data and actually sent their original notices to the previous owner?

Just a thought. 

thought I'd done a thorough enough job, but I'll go back through it with a big black marker and fully redact everything

So question, once I've done that, do I repost the attachments?

Many thanks

Choc

no marker pen can be remove by grey scale selection 

follow the guide scan as .jpg picture file

use mspaint or a photo to box out and fill redactions

yes pop back up

as for the car

PE would have got the dvla data just after the time of the incident.

and they

Ok - This shoud all be fully redacted:

- Draft letter to PE, not sent as yet, but looking to raise a GDPR issue

- 3 letters from DR+ the only letters I've received

- Reply to my appeal from PE

To confirm, my address has always been up to date with DVLA but the car was purchased March 2019. I  completed all transfer paperwork immediately and received new log book with correct address by return.

Parking Eye (redacted).pdf DR+ letters x 3 (redacted).pdf ParkingEye reply to my appeal (redacted).pdf

Hi - Quick update. I've spoken to the Holiday Inn Express and they told me to write to them explaining what happened and they'll get the charge cancelled, even though it's a DR+ letter, they confirmed they will talk to PE. It'll take about 4 weeks to cancel. I've sent that off. Have I done enough (for now)? I won't assume this has worked until I get a formal confirmation back.

The other suggestion you had was to write a short 2-liner to PE to ensure they have my correct address as they have failed to get any correspondence to me to date. Should I still do that in parallel? Belt and braces.

Finally - I'm still sitting on my snot-letter to PE re GDPR request. Again - sit on that still for now? If nothing else it gives them work to do that they can't ignore and proves they have my correct address details (or not)

As you might be able to tell, I'm a fan of several lines of attack, but I'll be guided by experience....

Many thanks

Choco 

I don't advise you sending your letter to PE.

You know why you received the PCN even though you have not received any Notices from PE.

It is not a breach of GDPR for PE to get DR+ on the case so they are unlikely to take you seriously.

As Holiday Inn say they will sort it out there is little reason for your letter.

• Thanks 1

SUCCESS!!!!

Holiday Inn Express have managed to get this PCN cancelled with Parking Eye.

I've just had the email confirmation though.

Many thanks for your support and steering me in the right direction on this one and saving me from a ding-dong with PE.  

It paid dividends to find the right person to talk to at the hotel.

The previous guy had thought this was already at the court stage due to DR+ nasty letter.

When I was able to explain to the right person that this is not true and PE are still accountable, he got me to email my details in and got it cancelled.

Donation is on its way to you - this is a great service and you have helped

Thank you

Choco

• Andyorch changed the title to ParkingEye PCN - Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Oldbury - M5 J2 - ** *Claim Withdrawn***

well bone, going route one is always the best. many companies are starting to see sense when it comes to complaints about their agents.

Now I have to just get Sainsburys to understand this point rather than keep telling a mate of mine it is nothing to do with them.

Well done on your success!  Seems that today is a good day for them!