CRS/Harlands

Tp199
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

ive noticed a lot of communication regarding gym cancellations and DCA’s.

i joined a gym in July 2019. Didn’t like how busy it was, or the fact that staff pressured you to get off equipment! I spoke with them with 14 days of joining and said I’d like to cancel - which I have every right to do.they said they’d sort it.

cancelled my DD

now just had an email from CRS, demanding I pay £435.  £115 of which is their fee! 

I’m about to send a letter to say that I was within my legal time to cancel. 

any advice? Should I add anymore?

feeling very anxious about this. Can they actually do anything? I know you say they can’t - but it’s still a worry!

thanks! 

nothing they can do to you

you cancelled within the legal 14 days period.

block and bounce their emails

moved to the gym forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Tp and welcome to CAG

1. Can you tell us what gym this is about.

2. Did you sign up to the gym on their premises or elsewhere.

3. When you told staff at the gym of your dissatisfaction, what did they say to you.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 month later...

Hey,

so just received an email from CRS. Saying I have to prove I cancelled...yawn. Bearing in mind this is way over a month ago I sent them a letter!

shall I just block them now? Not even respond?

this is regarding gymetc and I joined their gym online...

thanks!

should have done that a month ago.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi TP,

The good news is - You don't have to prove anything !

You've already explained your position to Harlands and need not do or say any more.

Just ignore them.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again,

just received this:

‘We would still like to reach an amicable resolution to this, however, if you fail to respond to this letter, we will have no option but to commence further action to recover the monies owed. The options available to us are:
1. LEGAL ACTION
We believe you are in breach of a legally binding contract with Gym Etc because you have not paid your membership and our fees. We may pursue a claim under this contract through the Courts. If we do so the following process would apply:
1. We will write a formal letter explaining what we are demanding and give you a final opportunity to pay/reply;
2. If this failed to settle the matter we would issue proceedings against you in the County Court;
3. Youcouldtheneither:
a. make payment, ending the legal process, or
b. dispute some, or all, of the amount was owed.
4. If you dispute the amount was owed the Court process would continue, at the end of which
the Court would make a decision on our claim.
5. A strict Court imposed timescale will apply in relation to the Court process.
Were we to be successful in our claim, or if you ignore the claim, a County Court Judgment (CCJ) may be registered against you requiring you to make payment. You may also be liable for our costs of pursuing legal action and interest on the amount owed.
If you then fail to pay the amount covered by the CCJ we would take the next steps required to enforce the judgment. To do this we would have to make an application to Court.
2. OUTSOURCE TO EXTERNAL AGENTS
Your account would be passed to another Collection Agency who will take further action to recover the monies owed.‘

anything in it?

thanks

who from?

and anyway its option 2 

they don't do court .

dx

and they

How funny that Harlands/CRS take 14 lines to set out Option 1 that they haven't used in many years ........

....... and just 1 line to tell you what they'll REALLY do !

Safe to ignore 😂 😂

• 4 weeks later...

Had another lovely letter last night at 9.30pm saying:

(Why do they send them at night??)

We must therefore give notice that failing to reply to this letter within the next 10 days will result in your account balance being passed to Zinc Group Ltd, one of the UK's leading providers of debt recovery solutions.
WE WOULD STILL LIKE TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER
We're still happy to listen to your reasons for not paying and will do whatever we can to reach an acceptable resolution for both parties. All that is required is for you to call us on 01444 449 165 by no later than 17th January 20 so we can discuss your account further.

still good to ignore?

thought you said you blocked and bounced all emails...

and they

Hi Tp,

We don't hear much about contact from Zinc recently but you can ignore them completely too.

They'll just pass the case back to Harlands/CRS

• 1 month later...

Hi again,

ive just had a letter this morning from EOS solutions to try and ‘resolve my outstanding balance of £435.20.’

have you ever heard of EOS solutions?

many thanks

Hi Tp,

Ignore the demand for now.

Please confirm the full name and address of EOS.

EOS solutions uk 

2 birch wood office park 

warrington

theyve basically said here are your options:

1. our client (CRS) would like you to pay back the balance in full as your original gym membership payment terms have now been cancelled.

2. If financial circumstances wont allow you to pay in full, then we would like you to talk to us about an affordable repayment plan

and

3. you should seek independent advice from someone 

not exactly ‘options’...

also says on the back ‘what if I ignore this letter’

if you don’t not contact us to discuss this then we will have no option but to refer this matter back to our client and recommend further collection activity...

not sure what further activity that could be?

thanks again 

says our client...

as with all dca's totally powerless.

more scare letters..

EOS have been around since the 1980's

dx

and they

Harlands/CRS have used Zinc until recently when CRS fail to get a response but they did nothing when ignored.

So I guess Harlands/CRS are trying EOS now - ignore but keep us posted.

post 13?

dx

and they