Lowell Claimform - 4 merged debts - 3 cat + Cap1 Card

Cait116
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

4 old debts (catalogues) have been sold to Lowells, I requested copies of credit agreements and received them this week. 

I also received a notice of assignment from them for an old Vanquis account. 

I need to pay these debts off but don't want them touching my bank account so was thinking of setting up a standing order. 

I guess I will have to send them details of income and expenditure. 

My question is,

do I need to give my husband's details? 

We are not really getting on at the minute and this will be the last straw for him so I would rather just leave him out of this.  

Many thanks for reading x

Hi guys

I received copies of my credit agreements from Lowells for old catalogue debts.  I have attached one of them; would someone be able to advise me whether this is the correct document they sent me before I go paying them?  The debt has been sold onto them.

Thanks so much x

credit agreement.pdf

Date taken out is important...can you confirm ?

Andy

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Is this connected to your previous thread Lowell CCA response in Debt Collection Agencies Forum ? 

You never send an I&E to a debt buyer...you never admit or acknowledge a debt either until we have all the details of the the debt.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi Again Andy

Yes it is.  Thank you, I haven't acknowledged anything yet, I refuse to speak to them.  I have sent them CCA requests and they have sent me back some documents but I don't know if they are the correct ones.

Okay I have merged your threads lets keep this all together...can you list the four alleged accounts..original creditor ...date taken out and amounts outstanding.Whether you have ever been issued default notices./Notice of Assignments etc.

Thank you Andy

Original Creditors:

J D Williams Balance £375 - ? No date on Credit Agreement

Shop Direct Balance £1,128 - October 2013

Shop Direct Balance £1,490.55 - June 2013

Vanquis Balance £3,500 - will need to look when I get home this evening, sorry

Capital One £290 - Date taken out July 2010

Lowells are showing up on my credit file for 2 mail orders and cap 1 and i have received Notice of Assignment this week for Vanquis

Defaults also registered on my credit file

Thanks...so in the the upload above have Lowell not confirmed on its cover letter which agreement that refers to ?

No, not for that particular one.  There are 2 shop directs which they have put on their letter but I don't know which of the catalogues these refer to.  Also I notice on my credit file I have a default from Shop direct and a default from Lowells for a similar balance? I think they might be the same account

Duel reporting on the same agreement is allowed...its the same debt same agreement number....eventually the original creditor will fall away after assignment.

I have had to unapprove that upload...name and personal details unredacted.

Barely legible....unless thats your scanning quality...so you have 1 online application and 1 normal application for two of the agreements.

did you sign, fillin and return their copy as it says??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

not according to the top line?

looks like it was sent to you by royal mail

and you certainly cant digitally sign via an email either

digital signing is done online on their website.

so, who would ever though..Lowell inserting your details on a blank they have from their filing cabinet..and claiming it a true copy!!

whatever next.

should be pages of T&C's with each agreement too!!

what date was this taken out

when was your last payment?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No honestly I didn't send anything via Royal Mail!! 

I definitely did all this online and just ticked a box.

I notice they have "Further Terms and Conditions" on their document - is this what you meant?

The 2 shop directs were taken out in June and Oct 2013 and last payment made July 2018

What would you suggest I do? 

I don't want to go to Court (I have enough to deal with atm :-( ) . 

I tried paying the companies direct but they won't let me.

well until they comply with enforceable paperwork for each debt

you pay nothing

and most certainly never ever give a DCA an I&E!!

and they

Thanks so much guys, should I ignore them or wait until they decide to take me to Court?

Just out of curiosity what should a credit agreement look like/contain? xx

Just noticed something on their covering letter.  They have consolidated all the accounts.  Also the two shop direct balances are wrong.

Please relax about ''Court''!!

You've been reading too much of their own garbage on their websites.

And you can most definitely ignore the rubbish they print on their letters, it's all very cleverly designed psychological mumbo jumbo, printed by a computer.

You ignore them for as long as they fail to send you what you demanded, and then it must be enforceable or you can continue to ignore.

Well if they've consolidated all of the accounts then they're going to lose, unless you have taken out another credit agreement with them and signed a fresh document, they're going to find it extremely impossible to even get it in front of a DJ, least of all force you to pay!

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!