Wendy Vs shABBEY

wendylouise7

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

;) Hi All,

My story so far...............

I have been following the advice on the CAG site, reading the threads and following the step by step guide and so far I haven't ran into any major problems. I issued the bank with my list of charges and dates etc with a prelim letter(without the 8% added), but I just kept being sent the standard letters stating that the abbey had not done anything unlawful in charging me and that I would not be able to claim this money back.

I have since been paid a 'goodwill gesture' payment of £280 but I replied to the abbey stating that this was not good enough and I am therefore requesting the full amount (£3587.61) I went ahead and sent my LBA letter, shortly after the 14 days deadline they sent me another letter saying that they will be unable to pay me anything more than the goodwill payment already paid, and that if I am unhappy with this I should contact the financial ombudsman.

Do I need to contact the ombudsman before I go ahead wih court action?

Also all corespondance so far has been between myself and the complaints dept at the Abbey, when I start court procedings would it be best to use their head office address and should I write to the head office informing them, as well as sending a further schedule of charges (this time with the 8% added)? Any advice at this stage will be welcome.

Thanks

Wendy:)

Good for you Wendy, The banks depend on us trusting what they say is true, but is it. The truth is out there, just finding it is very difficult. Best wishes.

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

• 1 month later...

Having problems with Abbey, they keep telling me its not ilegal and refunded me £100 only. Funny thing is I helped a friend sent the same letter and he was refunded £500 with no problem and within 8 days of his first letter. I am now waiting for my statements which I have waited weeks for which are "archived" - this way I will check for more charges and claim the full amount. (They are gona wish they refunded me the 900 I asked for originaly I think this will total at over 1600) Anyway is there anything to do to speed up delivery of the statements I have ordered and paid for?

dj42

YOu should start your own thread and read through the faqs and step by step guide found here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

When you want statements if you serve them with a SAR they have 40 days to comply. If you pay for them and order them by phone, they can take as long as they like to supply them.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA