Refusing to pay a negative PayPal balance.

CalaisePorter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, 

I have recently sold a girl some shoes via the PayPal “Friends and Family” option, had no complaints from her in regards to this item and carried on as normal. 

Today I log into my PayPal and see that I have a minus balance of -£125 and she has apparently charged this money back via her Credit Card Company and PayPal have deducted it from my balance. 

The trouble is I have lost all proof of postage and she has deleted all messages on social media to make it look as if I am talking to myself with nothing to incriminate her. 

Will this negative balance of -£125 be passed onto a Debt Collection Agency if I refuse to pay for it? And if it does what is the worst that will happen to me?. 

I am only looking for clear and knowledgeable answers by people who have maybe been through this predicament before and know how to guide me. 

I am an 18 year old girl on an Apprenticeship Wage and I live in Supported Accommodation so can they send people to collect the money from me or?. 

Thanks. 

DCA's are not bailiffs and have ZERO legal powers

Ebay and paypal ran away to Luxemburg to avoid UK tax laws

these debts don't show on credit file

they don't do court either

bottom line is there is stuff and all anyone can do to you.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Had a lot of people telling me to just pay for the minus balance and keep it moving as they will get Debt Collectors involved for the smallest of prices,

apparently if I don’t pay fees will be applied and it can be taken Legal if need be.

I genuinely don’t understand why it would though as it is only £125. 

And if the Debt Collection Agency cannot recover the cost they will more than likely pass it onto higher authority which will affect my Credit Rating. 

now go back and read my last post carefully again

also use our search top right.

100's of like threads here..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I spoke to PayPal and asked them straight up if any dealings would affect my credit rating as I'm also in a negative figure, they said no and I asked why I should pay it back if they can't be helpful. I have left them to it and discontinued any communication.