Lowell - Vanquis - Court ***Claim Discontinued***

lee19921992
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Im currently at the stage where i need to submit my defence in court with Lowell and need some help if possible.

they say i owe them £873.34 for an old vanquis credit card back 2016,

i defended this when the county court documents came as i really couldn't recall the debt and the balance was quite high,

Said i was never served with any default notice or a copy of the agreement. 

Llowell have provided their reply to defence which i can upload, and it does show a copy of the default notice but no agreement.

there is a hearing in November, which Lowell need to pay £80.00 for,

today i  received a Tomlin order from Lowell offering me to pay them monthly which will cost me £100.00

I need to draft a defence back to the county court, but unsure what to say, kind regards

Please fill this out <<<<<

that's a std letter from Lowell about the tomlin..begging letter.

so you have gone thru mediation

its been allocated to a court [date please]

you have to now exchange witness statements

are you saying you have lowells WS??

if so scan it ALL up to ONE multipage PDF inc exhibits 

read upload ...redact things carefully but leave in all dates and amounts.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Name of the Claimant ? Lowell

claim was issued against you on 14/05/2019

Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 17/05/2019 at 09:59:18

Your acknowledgment of service was received on 17/05/2019 at 12:05:34

Your defence was submitted on 18/05/2019 at 17:21:19

Your defence was received on 20/05/2019 at 01:07:14

DQ sent to you on 23/06/2019

DQ filed by claimant on 23/06/2019

You filed a DQ on 19/07/2019

Your claim was transferred to @@ on 19/07/2019

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – 

1) the defendant entered into a consumer credit act 1974 regulated agreement with vanquis under account reference ************ ('the agreement').

2) the defendant failed to maintain the required payments and arrears began to accrue.

3) the agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 29/09/2017 and notice given to the defendant.

4) despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £688.28 remains due and outstanding.

and the claimant claims

a) the said sum of £688.28

b) interest pursuant to s69 county courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.151, but limited to one year, being £55.06

c) costs

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? i did yes

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? no

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? no

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? vanquis

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? after

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? online

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? yes but showing as llowell only

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.  been issued by llowel

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? i cant remember

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? i cant remember 

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? no

Why did you cease payments? i have some financial problems

What was the date of your last payment? don't know

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? no

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan?  i did stupidly, because i believed them over the phone

ill upload the documents tomorrow, i ticked no to mediation ( didn't see the point) , the court hearing is on the 25th November. 

did you send a CCA request and a CPR 31:14 request

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that's the n157

so check with the court the day after to see if they pay the fee,

if they do then ws time.

no harm in working on your ws now mind lots here Lowell and old vanquis debts.

• Thanks 1

and they

well they are saying they are getting the agreement etc etc so no need now

but it could be fatal if they don't.

just a quick run thru

and I can almost total £300 in fees 

and with the interest rate they attracted 

that could be worth a few £100's more should this ever come to negotiating a tomlin order.

and they

We will also need a copy of the defence you submitted.I would advocate sending a CCA Request also...unless you legally request it they cant be in default.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

good afternoon, thanks for your reply's. 

and the defence is below 😐

Defence

I cant even remember taking this debt out,and i never received Any
Documents showing me the alleged balance Llowel are claiming for
or my agreement.

On 13/10/2019 at 20:55, Andyorch said:

We will also need a copy of the defence you submitted.I would advocate sending a CCA Request also...unless you legally request it they cant be in default.

Andy

thank you i will do this now Andy

17 hours ago, lee19921992 said:

good afternoon, thanks for your reply's.  so the particulars of claim i cant seem to find the original claim form i got from the court so i can show you what it says..., how do i go about getting a copy of this?

and the defence is below 😐

Defence

I cant even remember taking this debt out,and i never received Any
Documents showing me the alleged balance Llowel are claiming for
or my agreement.

Where......?   The above ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

🙈 i wish i read on this forum before i submitted the above to the court.

But yeah thats all i said..

i feel the court is giving me a chance at least .

Im not sure on how to go on this tbh, am i wasting every ones time, because tbh i have no idea what im doing.

Cheers.

On 13/10/2019 at 13:37, dx100uk said:

that's the n157

so check with the court the day after to see if they pay the fee,

if they do then ws time.

no harm in working on your ws now mind lots here Lowell and old vanquis debts.

as post 7^^^

fee is due to be paid by 25th oct.

your WS is due 2 weeks before the court hearing in nov IF lowells pay the fee!!

are your next move

and they

12 hours ago, lee19921992 said:

🙈 i wish i read on this forum before i submitted the above to the court. But yeah thats all i said.. i feel the court is giving me a chance at least . Im not sure on how to go on this tbh, am i wasting every ones time, because tbh i have no idea what im doing. Cheers.

Well yes obviously MCOL has accepted your defence as valid.... its now been allocated.You can correct and bolster your defence within your witness statement.Have a look around at some examples of statements ..layout and content and how to refer to exhibits (your evidence).

• 2 weeks later...

just type it out.

and they

I have today received a letter today from Lowell about the CCA request.

" we write in reponse to your letter dated 18th October 2019.

As you have requested we have enclosed a copy of credit agreement, default notice and the statement.

Please can you respond to us within seven days upon receipt of this letter to [email protected].

The thing is, all they have sent me is the exact same documents i have already uploaded.??

well you don't contact them!

thread tidied 

POC in relevant info post now

and they

Im defo not going to. 

Quick question.

The letter from vanquis addressed to me, in how they cant provide me a "hard" copy of the agreement,

llowell keep saying this is the agreement,

surely this wont stand up in court !

And i have never contacted vanquis

so i think this letter is fake what llowel have provided.

plenty of Lowell vanquis claimform threads here to  read

use our search.

you'll soon get the idea Lowell are all hot air.

dx

and they

STATEMENT OF 

I Mr will say as follows: 

INTRODUCTION 

1: I am the defendant and state that the facts contained in this statement are true to the best of my knowledge. 

2: There are several documents attached with this statement. (paginated) 

3: It is my understanding that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct, disputed or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much reduced cost to the amount claimed ...10p to 15p in the £1 and which the original creditors have already wrote off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income. The claimant then issues on mass claims to circumvent and claim the full amount of debt to maximise profit. 

4: As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party. 

BACKGROUND 

5: The Claim relates to an Alleged Credit card agreement between the defendant and Vanquis bank. 

6: Whilst it is accepted that the defendant has in the past had contractual dealings with Vanquis, the defendant is unware of what alleged debt the claimant refers, and the defendant has not entered into any contract with the Claimant. 

The claimant claims a notice of assignment was served on the 18/10/2017, this is denied. 

7: The defendant requested a copy of the CCA on the 18/10/2019 along with the standard fee of £1.00 postal order to which the defendant received a reply dated 30/10/2019 with no CCA attached other than the documents the claimants have already provided in their witness statement dated 27th august 2019. 

11: The defendant stated in his defence that no evidence of the CCA has been provided. 

DEFENCE: 

12: The claimant has not provided a true copy of the CCA despite an request being made but instead received a reponse dated 30/10/2019  stating `please find enclosed a copy of the agreement` 

13: There is no valid copy of an executed consumer credit agreement that complies with the CCA1974 

14: The `so called ` copy of agreement stated in claimants letter dated 30/10/2019 is in fact stated as an online application and is no more than a log from either the OC`s operating system or one that has been constructed since with details from the account to look like an application. 

15: The information provided on letter dated 27/06/2019 from vanquis has been sought without the defendant’s approval and as the defendant did not contact vanquis to request application information and as such any information dated 27/06/2019 provided by vanquis should not be used as evidence. 

IN CONCLUSION: 

16: Without a valid true copy of the executed Credit agreement that complies with the CCA1974 the claimant has no grounds on which to enforce this alleged debt and has in fact attempted to mislead the courts in to believing that they have the necessary paperwork 

17: It is therefore requested that the Claimants Claim is struck out pursuant to the above. 

Signed 

Dated this day……. 

i would appreciate some input please, this is just a draft. going to add exhibits in ect..i will donate .. thanks

Edited by lee19921992