robbersway chasing HSBC OD debt - statute barred?

bananaboy2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently sent a prove it letter to Robinson Way and they have replied to confirm that they are unable to provide any details of the dispute therefore my account has been marked 'unenforceable'.

They have stated however that after 14 days they will resume collection activity.

How can I get them to stop please? 

You will have to give more details about this debt – especially when it was incurred, the last time you made any payment or acknowledged the debt and the date of any default

Hi,

The original debt (if it is what I think it is) is with HSBC and defaulted around 2008.

It was sold to Robinson Way at some stage after.

I have never made a payment or acknowledged the debt in any way since it defulted with HSBC and the only correspondence from me was a prove it letter that I sent at the beginning of September 2019

they have written back to confirm that they have no proof and the debt is unenforceable.

They sent a debt collector to my door for the 1st time in August this year which prompted me to write the prove it letter

I am concerned that debt collectors will call again as they state that even though the debt is unenforceable they will continue collection activities again after 14 days. 

In that case send them a reply wanting out them that it is statute barred and accordingly they are prevented by the CONC rules from taking any further action

send them our statute barred letter from the debt collection section of our library

don't get scare of doorsteppers

as with ALL DCA's on ANY DEBT..

they are totally powerless

and have ZERO legal powers

they are NOT BAILIFFS 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thread moved to Debt Collection Agencies Forum.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

It's excellent that it's been sold on, that means you can now SAR HSBC, and see if there are any fees you can reclaim. 

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I sent off the statute barred letter but have this morning received a letter back stating that it is not statute barred as I made a payment in 2014 therefore acknowledging the debt.

I am 100% sure that I never acknowledged or made any payment of any kind.

When I originally sent a prove it letter they were unable to provide any information.

What should I do next? 

nothing, 

it's quite usual for dca's to come up with some random phantom payment very near the 6yrs limit saying its not SB'd.

you could p'haps check your bank statements to prove/disprove this to yourself but without enforceable paperwork they ain't going nowhere anyway.

what type of credit is this?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, they are saying it is an overdraft which defaulted in 2009.

They have already confirmed in writing that they have no proof that the debt is mine and therefore it is unenforceable.

In the next letter they are claiming that I made a payment if £600 in 2014 and therefore it is not statute barred.

No payment was made by me and contact was not made by me at anytime since 2009.

Can I make Robinson Way stop harassing me?

OD's are notoriously difficult to litigate and in the same breathe defend against, the only tool you have is to ignore them.

until/unless they issue a letter of claim.

have you the statements for that period?

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to robbersway chasing HSBC OD debt - statute barred?