• Tweets

• Hi @slick132 apologies for the delay responding.   Letter to the gym (1Life):   "Dear 1Life   RE: Cancellation of memberships ********* & **********   I refer to the aforementioned memberships at 1Life ******* Leisure Centre. We have cancelled our Direct Debit mandates and now realise that we did not provide 30 days’ notice needed. I therefore offer to pay the outstanding £49.98 for the notice period, consisting of £24.99 for ********** and £24.99 for *********.   I will pay no administration or cancellation fees and no further membership amounts. I consider the third parties attempt to charge unlawful penalty unacceptable and unfair to me as a customer. Hence the contract is terminated and we will ignore any further demands. If you confirm in writing that you will accept the amount of £49.98 in full settlement of all that I owe, I will pay you promptly. If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days or you demand any higher amount, I will pay you nothing and my offer will be withdrawn.   Yours Sincerely,"   Letter to DCA (DFC):   "Dear Debit Finance Collections Plc   RE: Notification of Unpaid Direct Debit Payment - Ref No ******** & *********   Further to receipt of emails from yourselves regarding missed payment and late payment charges, I confirm that I will pay no administration or cancellation fees and no further membership amounts. I consider these attempts to charge unlawful penalty unacceptable and unfair to me as a customer. Hence the contracts are terminated and we will ignore any further demands.     Yours Sincerely,"   Interestingly (and more than likely irrelevant) the email response from DFC stated that they wouldn't deal with me regarding my partners membership due to data protection, but then they also named her in the email! Surely a breach of data protection in itself!   Thanks Buddy2015  
    • No...and I really dont know why you sent it to PRA....you have yet to get to disclosure stage of the process.   Link please (post #4)or we really cant advise any further.   Andy
    • Then call them, I asked to speak to a line manager and eventually tell them that you are going to be complaining to the Ministry of Justice. Tell them that they are interfering with the prime objective which is to achieve a just outcome. Read our customer services guide. Make sure they take proper details on the screen notes and make sure that you get the names of the people you are talking to.
    • Thanks for all the replies.   After talking to Northampton it seems it was payment assist.   The original payment left was £88 the rest is literally fees    The situation is now I will clear the balance and payment assist will send me confirmation of payment and will inform the court it's paid   Lesson here is always update your address as it's highly likely I would of fought this claim.   Due to me being non responsive it went into default judgement which was the ccj.   I'll not make this mistake again anytime soon   Thanks for your help!
  • Our picks

bananaboy2

robbersway chasing HSBC debt - statute barred?

Hi,

I recently sent a prove it letter to Robinson Way and they have replied to confirm that they are unable to provide any details of the dispute therefore my account has been marked 'unenforceable'.

They have stated however that after 14 days they will resume collection activity.

How can I get them to stop please? 

You will have to give more details about this debt – especially when it was incurred, the last time you made any payment or acknowledged the debt and the date of any default

Hi,

The original debt (if it is what I think it is) is with HSBC and defaulted around 2008.

It was sold to Robinson Way at some stage after.

I have never made a payment or acknowledged the debt in any way since it defulted with HSBC and the only correspondence from me was a prove it letter that I sent at the beginning of September 2019

they have written back to confirm that they have no proof and the debt is unenforceable.

They sent a debt collector to my door for the 1st time in August this year which prompted me to write the prove it letter

I am concerned that debt collectors will call again as they state that even though the debt is unenforceable they will continue collection activities again after 14 days. 

In that case send them a reply wanting out them that it is statute barred and accordingly they are prevented by the CONC rules from taking any further action

send them our statute barred letter from the debt collection section of our library

don't get scare of doorsteppers

as with ALL DCA's on ANY DEBT..

they are totally powerless

and have ZERO legal powers

they are NOT BAILIFFS 

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thanks both for your help. I’ll send off the statute barred letter on Monday.

Thread moved to Debt Collection Agencies Forum.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It's excellent that it's been sold on, that means you can now SAR HSBC, and see if there are any fees you can reclaim. 

• Thanks 1

as you have told robbers way to desist then S21 of the GDPR comes into play so they should be reported if they continue as they threaten to

• Thanks 1