Health Lottery - Require Death Certificate to get them to cease sending emails for Late Husband !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Since my Husband passed away, in 2017 - I have kept his Email address open so that I can continue to close accounts and have the Companies/Organisations remove him  from their Data Bases - unsubscribe in order to prevent emails and Snail Mail being sent to me.  Aside from which, it was a shared email address and keep in contact with some of his ex work colleagues and friends using that address.

In October 2017 - I unsubscribed him from the Health Lottery - I had already cancelled the Direct Debit to them.  I only look at the email account every couple of months, but noticed the Health Lottery continue to send emails.. with Headings such as...

"Douglas, we want you back !" -

"Happy Birthday - use Code Ref to receive Free ticket" -

"Remember us - Spend £2.00 and get 50% extra " and.... 

"Hi Mr CitizenB

We've noticed that it's been a little while since you last played The Health Lottery, so we’ve put together an exclusive offer which we think is just too good to miss! Simply spend £2 and you'll instantly receive 50% extra.*

Use promo code SURPRISE1 when logged into your account before you purchase your tickets to receive your bonus. You'll then have three days to use your bonus on any draw you like, so don't miss out.

Mr CitizenB, good luck!"

I tried asking nicely, I tried sarcasm.. in response to "Douglas we want you back"!  I pointed out, that so did I.. but neither of us were going to get our wish... 

But, the emails continued. 

a couple of days ago, I pretty much demanded they remove him from their data base, that it was pretty insensitive - they came back quick as you like - they needed a copy of his Death Certificate in order to remove his details and that they had not received other emails from me ? 

I did send a copy - but now they have come back and said.... "The Name on the Death Certificate does not match the name on the account ? 

"We are sorry to hear of any distress caused by this matter.

We can confirm that we did not receive the e-mail you sent in July 2017. This appears to be due to the e-mail being sent in reply to a marketing e-mail that you received. In the marketing e-mails it advises not to reply to them as unfortunately it is an outbound only e-mail address for sending marketing e-mails and replies will not be received.

We can confirm that we do indeed need to see a death certificate for a customer before we close their account. This is so that we are taking reasonable steps to protect our customer's accounts and we can verify that the account needs to be closed. We are unable to close an account based solely on an e-mail received from a third party who we have no way to identify.

Finally, the name on the death certificate sent does not fully match that which is on the account. Can you confirm if you husband went by any other first names please so we ensure we are closing the correct account?"

Having responded to the above.. with .. you are Joking ?? 

They have now decided that the name on the account - despite the email, postal address, etc are correct.. the name on the account is totally different !! 

However, they have finally decided that they will Close the account ?? 

Not sure I am looking for advice as such.. I just needed to vent !! 

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CB

If Players wish to be removed from THL's mailing list, they should click on the unsubscribe link shown on all Health Lottery e-mails or contact THL at unsubscribe@healthlottery.co.uk or call the Health Lottery Contact centre on 0844 375 55 55.

7 SELF EXCLUSION

7.1 Any Player may opt at any time to be excluded from participating the TML by visiting the TML Website. At the start of the period of self-exclusion (the “Exclusion Term”), at which point the Player’s subscription will be suspended.

7.2 Players may choose the length of the Exclusion Term, subject to a minimum period of six months. During the Exclusion Term, Players will not be permitted to access TML or any gaming product offered by The Health Lottery.

7.3 THL will not contact the Player at the expiration of the Exclusion Term. The Player may recommence their TML subscription by contacting [email protected], although a cooling-off period of one week will be imposed by THL before the account becomes active.

7.4 The Player may choose to enter another Exclusion Term at any time.

7.5 Players may choose to enter an opt-out scheme under which they will not receive marketing materials from TML. Where TML communicates with its Players by SMS, each message will include a brief description of the way that the recipient may notify THL that they wish communications to cease.

7.6 THL will remove from its marketing lists the details of any Player who, upon receipt of unwanted marketing material, calls to the TML Helpline or messages ‘STOP’ to 82828. A Player may also use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email to stop any further marketing communications.

7.7 Players should play responsibly. Information on how to gamble responsibly and how to access information about, and help in respect of, problem gambling can be found on the website or be sending a stamped addressed envelope to the address in clause 1.2 above. Alternatively information is available from GamCare at www.gamcare.org.uk and GambleAware at www.gambleaware.co.uk.

https://www.healthlottery.co.uk/info/mobile-lottery-terms/

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

20 hours ago, Andyorch said:

Hi CB

If Players wish to be removed from THL's mailing list, they should click on the unsubscribe link shown on all Health Lottery e-mails or contact THL at unsubscribe@healthlottery.co.uk or call the Health Lottery Contact centre on 0844 375 55 55.

7 SELF EXCLUSION

7.1 Any Player may opt at any time to be excluded from participating the TML by visiting the TML Website. At the start of the period of self-exclusion (the “Exclusion Term”), at which point the Player’s subscription will be suspended.

7.2 Players may choose the length of the Exclusion Term, subject to a minimum period of six months. During the Exclusion Term, Players will not be permitted to access TML or any gaming product offered by The Health Lottery.

7.3 THL will not contact the Player at the expiration of the Exclusion Term. The Player may recommence their TML subscription by contacting [email protected], although a cooling-off period of one week will be imposed by THL before the account becomes active.

7.4 The Player may choose to enter another Exclusion Term at any time.

7.5 Players may choose to enter an opt-out scheme under which they will not receive marketing materials from TML. Where TML communicates with its Players by SMS, each message will include a brief description of the way that the recipient may notify THL that they wish communications to cease.

7.6 THL will remove from its marketing lists the details of any Player who, upon receipt of unwanted marketing material, calls to the TML Helpline or messages ‘STOP’ to 82828. A Player may also use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email to stop any further marketing communications.

7.7 Players should play responsibly. Information on how to gamble responsibly and how to access information about, and help in respect of, problem gambling can be found on the website or be sending a stamped addressed envelope to the address in clause 1.2 above. Alternatively information is available from GamCare at www.gamcare.org.uk and GambleAware at www.gambleaware.co.uk.

https://www.healthlottery.co.uk/info/mobile-lottery-terms/

Regards

Andy

That is what I thought I needed to do and did - however, that was when I started to receive the "we miss you XXX" emails lol 

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D