• Tweets

• On the first point, yes, but I now know that the "traffic building up beyond my control after I entered the box" is not an acceptable defence due to the rules.   Re second point, well I *did* have to break suddenly, otherwise I'd have hit the black car in front of me. I understand now that this is not "defence enough" on the contravention.   Re loophole on pics/video: I read in another post somewhere (not sure it was here or someplace else) that your reg must be clearly seen in the pics/videos at the *time* it's committing the offence ("captured live" I think it was the expression used) and that it's not permitted for someone to go over the footage in order to zoom in your number plate. So, what I'm saying is: from the pics/video (except the really dark pic that's zooming on my reg only), you *cannot* see the reg of my car. Hence why the pic zoomed on my reg doesn't show the full car *actually commiting* the offence. They're trying to *infer* that it's my car. (*I* know it is, but don't they have to prove the offence actually being committed by *my* car with pics that show the full car/position *and* reg? aka, not just a random zoomed in pic that could've been anywhere, hence the argument about "not being allowed to go over footage in order to capture offence/details").   Thanks for your time in answering btw ☺
    • Hi   Robinson Way are still chasing on this saying its not statute barred, but another issue has come to light since submitting a mortgage application.   CL Finance have a second charge on the property for this from ~2012, which the mortgage lender want removed before making an offer. CL Finance Limited (Company no. 01108021) was dissolved in October.   Does anyone have any advice on how i can have the charge removed and how we can stop Robinson Way chasing.   Many thanks   Dean
    • Yes - always best not to bury your head in the sand
    • Don't worry about the hearing fee date....concentrate on complying with the courts directions by date.   Andy
    • Hi @slick132 apologies for the delay responding.   Letter to the gym (1Life):   "Dear 1Life   RE: Cancellation of memberships ********* & **********   I refer to the aforementioned memberships at 1Life ******* Leisure Centre. We have cancelled our Direct Debit mandates and now realise that we did not provide 30 days’ notice needed. I therefore offer to pay the outstanding £49.98 for the notice period, consisting of £24.99 for ********** and £24.99 for *********.   I will pay no administration or cancellation fees and no further membership amounts. I consider the third parties attempt to charge unlawful penalty unacceptable and unfair to me as a customer. Hence the contract is terminated and we will ignore any further demands. If you confirm in writing that you will accept the amount of £49.98 in full settlement of all that I owe, I will pay you promptly. If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days or you demand any higher amount, I will pay you nothing and my offer will be withdrawn.   Yours Sincerely,"   Letter to DCA (DFC):   "Dear Debit Finance Collections Plc   RE: Notification of Unpaid Direct Debit Payment - Ref No ******** & *********   Further to receipt of emails from yourselves regarding missed payment and late payment charges, I confirm that I will pay no administration or cancellation fees and no further membership amounts. I consider these attempts to charge unlawful penalty unacceptable and unfair to me as a customer. Hence the contracts are terminated and we will ignore any further demands.     Yours Sincerely,"   Interestingly (and more than likely irrelevant) the email response from DFC stated that they wouldn't deal with me regarding my partners membership due to data protection, but then they also named her in the email! Surely a breach of data protection in itself!   Thanks Buddy2015  
  • Our picks

joeblogs

Drowning in Debt and very worried for my elderly friend

Hi Everyone

On behalf of my elderly friend and on the advice received on this forum, last week I sent Nationwide a Section 78 Letter with a £1 Postal Order by Recorded Delivery.  My friend did not sign the letter as advised, I just typed his name at the bottom.

Today he has received a reply from them saying 'you have not signed the letter of authority, therefore I am unable to respond to your request for information at this time. 

I have returned the letter of authority that you have provided.

Please ensure when making any future requests for information that the letter of authority is signed and that you provide the relevant fee, which is £1 for each of the accounts that you require information on'

Written on the top of my friend's letter to them is '£1 postal order received 15.10.19.'  They never returned his postal order.

Can you please advise me what I can do next for my buddy.  Thanks

theres no need to send the CCA from 'you'

just send it as if its him doing it

that way, it negates the need for a letter of authority

its the CCA request he does not sign.

he obviously, if you included one, has to sign the letter of authority..

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi DX100

Sorry I think I have confused people.  I only typed the letter for my friend as coming from him (not me), for all Nationwide know the elderly man typed the letter, sent the Postal Order and sent the letter by Recorded Delivery.

It was NOT a letter of authority, it was the Section 78 letter from your library.  So as Nationwide are not accepting my friend's letter due to him now signing it what should he do now, resend it and sign it or what can anyone suggest.  They have kept his postal order.

Thanks

Thank you

You do not have to sign a cca request.

I will assume he has not moved since taking this out and omitted to inform them?

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Hi DX100

Thanks for replying.  No he has not changed address.  They are insisting that the cca request letter must be signed.

Can you please advise me as to how he should reply to them.

Thanks

please show me where under the consumer credit act it states I must sign a CCA request, which is my legal right under the act to use to request a copy of the agreement I signed upon opening the account?

dx

spreadsheets 

Simply get your friend to squiggle his name...not his usual signature...they dont know his signature.Its no use trying to educate NW about the CCA1974 and section 78 requests

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

LOL thats funny about educating N/W.

So I've told him not to worry and we will send them back the letter and a letter explaining what DX and Andy said.

Thanks for all your help.

Good day everyone,  as advised, CCA1974 section 78 request letter was sent back to N/W yesterday with an add on 'where does it state on CCA that the request must be signed?', my buddy sqwiggled his signature at the bottom of the letter and I took him with me to send it by Recorded Delivery.

This morning I have popped into see him and he showed me his phone, N/W sent 11 text messages yesterday afternoon in one hour and this morning they have already called 6 times and it's only 09.40am.

Is there some organisation that these relentless calls and texts can be reported to?

His family are coming to see him later today as they carry out his care needs and I'm going away next week but have told him he can call me if he gets worried about anything. 

Before I go I would really like to know if N/W can be reported for harassment. 

This guy who is reliant on disability benefits and per my original post on this thread,

I called N/W with his consent and asked if they would accept on his behalf £285 per month which would have made him struggle,

I feel really guilty now as they still refused his offer. 

I cannot believe what lengths these creditors will go to.

Thanks everyone

Retain the log by way of the phone dont delete anything may become useful if they wish to progress  legally.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

yes log everything

then a formal complaint can be made to the CEO email address

and if no joy off to the FOS.

spreadsheets 

Hi and thanks for your replies.

When my friend was answering his telephone to N/W he complained then about the harassment and they said they would look into it.

He received a blog email off them which just touched on the constant phoning and they said

'In terms of the calls you've been receiving, these are dialed automatically from our Collection and Recovery Team and I apologise for any upset caused'

I've had a quick look at FOS on this site and it doesn't appear he would benefit to complain to them.  He does have a smart phone so all the calls are logged and I've shown him how to block the calls as they keep using different numbers.  I think that's the best way forward until he hears from his request CCA 77 and 78.  As mentioned Monday N/W said that CCA 78  had to be signed.  He sqwiggled at the bottom of the letter and he will probably get a reply when I'm away.

Unless anything else crops up before I go away, I want to thank everyone for their assistance.  I have reassured my friend that nothing bad is going to happen and I will come back with updates when I return.