Lowell Judgement cap1 card + Very Cat Debt

clint1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys/Gals

I recently received some paperwork amongst many others from Lowells Solicitors which i duly ignored,

they have since sent a judgement in default totalling £1374.53 at £50 per month 1st payment due 13th October.   

This is for 2x debts i had with Capital 1 credit card & Very. 

I know i should probably of read the initial letters etc but am currently just trying to sort my finances and had buried in sand,

can i challenge this now its got this far,

should i pay,

if i cannot pay where do i go etc....?

I can afford it at the moment but circumstances change frequently due to being self employed. 

All advice greatly appreciated.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

bit late to challenge it now 

they didn't send anything..the COURT did as you didn't defend the claimform thus a default rubberstamped CCJ.

but you DID receive the original N1 claimpack from the court?

but simply chose to ignore it?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes that is correct my ignorance, just looking on the web i can apply to have it set aside

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

cant see a reason no.

as you did get the claimform.

if you cant afford the £50PCM send the court an N245

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok will do is that the same as applying for it to be set aside or can i apply for both ? Thanks

• Andyorch changed the title to Lowell Judgement cap1 card + Very Cat Debt

there is no reason to set aside I can see

so use the N245 to vary the £50PCM to an acceptable figure...<£10PCM??

costs £50.

and they

Ok will print off form @ work tomorrow many thanks

• 1 year later...

Hello 

In September 2019 Lowell's registered a CCJ against me at northampton County court. Admittedly i'd had several letters prior which i duly ignored. I am considering the set aside option which i read about here https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info/ccj/dealing-with-a-ccj.aspx

I would like some advice on whether it would be worth my while ?

what were the debts 

dx

and they

It was either a credit card or a mail order account not 100% without checking

and they

Amount

looking at credit report yes must of been for both .

threads merged 

so if you read again from post 1 

where did you get too in the advice already given 14mts ago?

and they

Not heard anything since the judgement was registered. Not paid anything and had no further letters chasing it either .

thats not what i asked...

and they

I  didn't follow up on any of the earlier advice as per earlier post i ignored all correspondence.  

little point in coming here asking for it again then...

so back to from post 2 then...

there is no valid reason to set this aside that i can see.

you ignored everything including the original claimform

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Last correspondence from Lowell Solicitors 19th Nov 2019 this is a final notice of judgement arrears and asks me to contact lucas credit services. i haven't had any correspondence from either lowells or lucas since should i make conact ?

You have already been advised in post #6 of Oct 2020 what to do Clint. You risk a Warrant of Control if they take it any further.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I will register on there website and arrange a plan, my point is the non contact for so long & i never initially offered a monthly payment either but thanks for  the advice. 

I thought the court had set payment in the Notice of Judgment ....?

they have since sent a judgement in default totalling £1374.53 at £50 per month 1st payment due 13th October.   

This is for 2x debts i had with Capital 1 credit card & Very. 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

ah yes apologies so they did, at present £50 mont is affordable but i am self employed so income can vary.

This was a default judgment ? 

If yes then then you can request a redetermination of the payment free of charge......otherwise its the N265 with fee..

I know from your earlier posts you say as i didn't respond i have no case but according to this i do ?

Point 1:- letters were never sent recorded or signed for so i could plead they went missing also i could of lived elsewhere and not updated address or collected post regularly.  

Point 2:- If someone else racked up the debt on your behalf e.g. an ex partner that had card details, access to card you then split up and therefore dispute you are liable for the debt ? 

You can do this if you did not receive, or did not respond to, the original claim from the court saying you owed the money.

https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judgments-ccj-for-debt/if-you-dont-owe-the-money, the original claim from the court saying you owed the money.