DWP Complience Interview

BIGLOUIS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I claim housing benefit, CT and DLA. I am mobility impaired/housebound and also suffer agorophobia and panic attacks.

Back in April I got a message to go to a compliance interview at local jobcenter about my HB. I wrote to explain that I am mobility impaired and suffer agoraphobia if I leave the house. I only go out to essential medical appointments.

The letter asked if there had been any change of circumstances I had not reported to the local council. If so I was to discuss it with them. On examining my paperwork from with local council I discovered that they did not receive the statement I believed I had sent regarding a new occupational pension. I quickly sent them the paperwork, they recalculated my entitlement and I had to pay back an over payment of about £300 which I have now done.

I was unable to reach him by phone (always voicemail) wrote to the compliance officer explaining all this and holding up my hands that I had been careless. I emphasized that I was too ill to attend an interview in a busy jobcenter. I sent all the paperwork they asked for and a full explanation. I emphasized that having to attend such an interview would probably bring on a full panic attack. I also emphasized that there was really no point as I had squared matters with the local council and the overpayment had been repaid. In due course the docs were returned and I heard nothing more. Obviously I thought I had heard the last of it.

Ive just received an identical letter asking me to go to a different job center- this time further away. I am pretty upset because there have been no other changes of circumstances I have not reported. I though this was all put to bed 6 months ago but obviously someone forgot to put a tick in the appropriate box.

In my previous letter I said I was willing to do a phone interview or a home visit but I never got an actual reply - just my docs returned.

Ive tried ringing the number on the letter but it just goes to voicemail. I dont really want to talk to anyone on the phone as I am apt to panic in these circumstances.

I am inclined to more or less write the same letter – emphasizing the risk to my health – and enclosing my previous letter which explained the circumstances of why and how I repaid the overpayment. I have a friend who says he can drop it in at the jobcenter so they cannot claim I did not contact them.

Edited by BIGLOUIS

Agree that you should write back as you suggest. If you have a Doctor who can write a letter on your behalf, you could offer to obtain a Doctors letter if they require one.

You could ask them why they require this compliance interview and what information they might require. Advise that if given this information, you can then request the information and send it to them or if they arrange a home visit, you can provide it, if enough notice is given of such a visit.

The interview request might not be connected to previous pension issue. It might be a review of your benefits to see whether you are claiming the correct benefits. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Ive already drafted a letter saying that I believe they were given the relevant documents and information last time so I can see no point in being put into a situation which will damage my health. Ive stressed my mobility issues and lack of transport and also offered to do a phone interview if they simply want to hash over old ground.  This just sounds to me like some jobsworth. And why a totally different office from last time? This one is even further away than the previous one they wanted me to visit.

I phoned up the office just now and asked about the reason for the letter. The poster who said it might not have anything to do with my pension was correct - it concerns another issue which I was able to explain. The compliance officer was very nice and because of my mobility and agorophobia issues has swapped it to a phone interview at the same time. Because he explained to me what it was about I will have time to assemble certain documents before hand.  I can look through them and anticipate what he is likely to ask. I also told him I was happy to send him by post anything he wanted to see in person.

• Like 1