BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• She impresses me vastly Lives by her beliefs too  
    • It's a very simple answer It,s a tradition me and a few of my long term mates go the pub to watch the football all day on boxing day and on new years day and our number one rule is we don't take our phones.! We don't see each other as we used to with us all leading different lives and having families but that is the one thing we have all promised too do until the day we die.! So it was quite normal for me not to have my phone and no need to worry about it because xmas and new year is the inky time of the year that I get a complete break from work zero emails zero phone calls.Its the only time in a whole year I completely have a break.
    • St Greta would love a canal with solar powered narrowboats.........
    • Name of the Claimant ? Erudio Student Loans Ltd   Date of issue – 9th Jan 2020   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? 1.The claimant claims £10,100 for monies due from the defendant   2.The debt was pursuant to a regulated agreement(s) between the defendant and The Student Loans Comedy Limited. Each agreement had an individual account number as follows  XXX XXX XXX XXX   3.The defendant failed to make payments as per the terms resulting in the agreements being terminated. Notice of such is served by a Default or Termination Notice subject to the terms of the agreements.   4. The debt was assigned to the claimant on XX/XX/2013, with a notice provided to the Defendant. A new master reference number XXX was also applied upon assignment 5. The claimant has complied with the Pre Action Protocol for Debt claims.   What is the total value of the claim? £10,100  Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? No    Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Yes, possibly more than once. This claim form has been sent to my home address   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No, I have never heard of Erudio before I received this claim form.  I did notify The Student Loans Company Ltd about my address change though. Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Student Loans   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? Before.   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? I think I signed the forms in person, although it would have been about 25 years ago so I can't be positive.   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? No   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. It says that the debt was assigned.   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No, I have never received any notice of assignment   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not to my knowledge   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Not that I remember   Why did you cease payments? I always returned Deferrment notices to The Student Loans Company as I never earned enough to have to start repaying these loans. I still haven't. But the SLC stopped sending deferment notices to me, and in fact stopped sending anything to me. I don't know when the last time I had any communication from them.   What was the date of your last payment? I've never paid     Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Not to my knowledge    Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No I did not   This is for a huge amount of money, and I've never heard of Erudio before I received this. I do sometimes have problems with my post at my home address.  I really appreciate all help that anyone can give with this. My ideal outcome on this would be that they drop the court action and I send them Deferment notices for the future.
  • Our picks

onestressedwoman

pcn received 75 days **PCNs CANCELLED AFTER ADMIN ERROR**

Hi 

I've received a PCN 74 days after alleged contravention.

On PCN they have vehicle noted as unknown.

Seriously can they issue a PCN this long after contravention

What's the contravention, some sort of moving traffic offence?

Is it a hire or finance vehicle?

Whose name and address is on the V5C registration document?

It was a no right turn by cctv camera and V5 in my name at my address

Owned 

The PCN was the day after I bought the vehicle

I changed ownership on day of purchase online - V5 online

I suspect that the DVLA had not updated their records by the time the council applied for details of the registered owner and therefore the pcn initially went to the previous owner.

The date the DVLA actually updated their record is on your V5c under Doc Ref:

Presumably the previous owner made reps that they weren't the owner at the time of the contravention.

Once the council were satisfied that the previous owner wasn't liable , they then issued the pcn to you, which they are allowed to do and the normal 28 day limit for service does not apply.

All of that takes time which will explain at least most if not all of the 74 day delay

I suggest you register at pepipoo.com. Don't use a hotmail email address. They will need you to post any documents/pcn you've recieved

Edited by Michael Browne

Michael 

I have checked the V5c has the date of purchased.

So the car was registered to me.

So the delay was not down to dvla giving them incorrect information.

Appeal ???

On your V5c .

Section 9

Doc Ref No is 11 digits followed by a date. That's tte date the DVLA updated the change of ownership.

If the council asked the DVLA for details on or before that date they would have been given the previous owners details. It's all done electronically.

So the council are just trying it on then as document date was before the contravention 

Are you sure you are looking at the doc ref date and not just the effective date of transfer to you (ie when you bought it)?

Ok so. Totally confused now.....

The date below doc ref is also acquired date.

I'm reading this from the box right hand corner of the first page of V5

😕 On the inside log book your right 😮

On the front it says date of purchase in  but inside it has a date that's 13 days later 😲

so ooops I appealled them today 

Under section 2.4 9 of code of practise of operation of CCTV 😕

i even checked there had been no delay in DVLA providing information.

Michael

Letter from  local authority today.

Both tickets cancelled due to an administration error!

Code of practice is worth check, I think, before any  considering payment of these CCTV issued tickets