• Tweets

• yes VERY only the police/council can fine you for parking by issuing a Penalty Charge Notice   if you look carefully, you'll see this is a private Parking Company and a Parking Charge Notice... in all effect - a speculative invoice for breaking some imaginary contract you entered into by using the payment machine. NOT A FINE.   sadly, as I think you've now realised, YOU DO NOT EVER APPEAL in 9/10 cases. as you've shot yourself in the foot by identifying yourself as the driver and lost any protection you had under the Protection Of Freedom Act [POFA] by doing so.   please complete this:   and scan up to ONE multipage PDF ONLY the NTK and any other communications to/from PE.   lastly STOP EVER RINGING AND USING EMAIL WITH THESE FLEECERS or THEIR DOGS. writing ONLY  from now on.    
    • No I did not confirm the site as I do not know which site it was. It was the first (and last ) time I had travelled on that road and I paid what I thought was the correct fee. I have been through every stage of this and still end up paying £425.50! This is extortion! I would now gladly pay the £2.50 again if they would allow it. I already paid £6. If you read Bailiff advice's post he has found a website that may be the one used as my bank statement states Bristol in the transaction and this website is owned by someone in that area (albeit a private home when googled). I will do my damnedest to get this money back and am seeing legal advise. If the original money has been taken then it is theft.
    • HI Sorry to say I'm back again with this one that I hoped might have gone away. It seems not.    I have today received a claim form which I've attached. Also I have attached the terms and conditions from the car park and the Claim Particulars.  A   ny advice on what to do please? I have not corresponded with VCS in any way. There is no evidence that I was the driver that I am aware of. There are no photos on their website other than of my car.   Thank you.      
    • What you needed to do was apply to have it set aside. Such an application needs to be made “promptly”.   You can expect that they’ll oppose such an application, and that gives them grounds to do so. Given that you are now 6+ months down the line from when you started posting about a set aside : they have a valid argument.
    • Unless I've missed it I don't think you have confirmed which site you paid the crossing charge to. It seems likely that you inadvertently paid the DartCharge to a 'look alike' site that isn't the official Dartford Crossing payment page. In that case your 'proof of payment' would not, unfortunately, be proof of payment to Highways England because you didn't pay Highways England,. You paid someone else who isn't authorised to receive money on behalf of Highways England.
  • Our picks

onestressedwoman

pcn received 75 days after contravention

Hi 

I've received a PCN 74 days after alleged contravention.

On PCN they have vehicle noted as unknown.

Seriously can they issue a PCN this long after contravention

What's the contravention, some sort of moving traffic offence?

Is it a hire or finance vehicle?

Whose name and address is on the V5C registration document?

It was a no right turn by cctv camera and V5 in my name at my address

Owned 

The PCN was the day after I bought the vehicle

I changed ownership on day of purchase online - V5 online

I suspect that the DVLA had not updated their records by the time the council applied for details of the registered owner and therefore the pcn initially went to the previous owner.

The date the DVLA actually updated their record is on your V5c under Doc Ref:

Presumably the previous owner made reps that they weren't the owner at the time of the contravention.

Once the council were satisfied that the previous owner wasn't liable , they then issued the pcn to you, which they are allowed to do and the normal 28 day limit for service does not apply.

All of that takes time which will explain at least most if not all of the 74 day delay

I suggest you register at pepipoo.com. Don't use a hotmail email address. They will need you to post any documents/pcn you've recieved

Edited by Michael Browne

Michael 

I have checked the V5c has the date of purchased.

So the car was registered to me.

So the delay was not down to dvla giving them incorrect information.

Appeal ???

On your V5c .

Section 9

Doc Ref No is 11 digits followed by a date. That's tte date the DVLA updated the change of ownership.

If the council asked the DVLA for details on or before that date they would have been given the previous owners details. It's all done electronically.

Are you sure you are looking at the doc ref date and not just the effective date of transfer to you (ie when you bought it)?

Ok so. Totally confused now.....

The date below doc ref is also acquired date.

I'm reading this from the box right hand corner of the first page of V5

😕 On the inside log book your right 😮

On the front it says date of purchase in  but inside it has a date that's 13 days later 😲

so ooops I appealled them today 

Under section 2.4 9 of code of practise of operation of CCTV 😕

i even checked there had been no delay in DVLA providing information.