UKCPM Spycar PCN - Now Gladstones/PAPLOC - Trinity Park Roadways, Birmingham

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon all

Just been slapped with a Parking Charge Notice by CPM UK Car Park Management for a short stop on Trinity Park Roadways, Birmingham.

I pulled over for about 15 mins, while I took the dog out of the car for a much-needed pee.

While I was there I took a phone call.

I didn't notice any signs saying I couldn't pull over and stop and I didn't ever leave the car (my GF was sat inside the whole time)

I have video footage from my dash cam of me with my dog going for a pee. ( just dog peeing, not me)

Any advice would be welcome. Should I respond 'without prejudice' saying I am refusing to pay??

Thanks in advance

TGS

Total waste of time.

You have exceeded their  rules by 5 minutes!!

They will want you hung drawn and quartered for that.

Well a £100 charge at least.

The other danger by writing to them is that you may reveal that you were driving which would lose you the protection that the keeper has with POFA.,

best to say nothing and do some research so that when the time is right you can tell them to jog on.

To help us to get to that time please read the instructions below and fill out the relevant part

We would also need to see the photos of the signage  where you got the ticket

-they are usually pretty poor and incapable of forming a contract with any one let alone a motorist.

So no need to pay them a penny.

When you fill out the above questions, could you also please include a copy of the PCN front and back. in PDF ONLY read upload

They are pretty poor as well quite often and not POFA compliant.

Once we have a view of those  we will pick out all their mistakes to show why you owe them nothing.

That will not stop them from trying to scare you with lies and threats and Court cases that have been won by other parking companies-not them since they rarely win .

• dx100uk changed the title to CPMUK PCN - Trinity Way Birmingham CPM

Just a reminder that before you post a PDF of the Parking Charge Notice that you redact all personal information, Reg No, name and address, reference numbers, bar codes etc. You can use slips of paper temporarily stuck on to do this if you do not have a digital paint program. DO NOT use felt tip pen as it can easily be read through.

• Like 1

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Thanks to all for your responses. Just about to upload relevant info. 

1 Date of the infringement 27/9/19

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 2/10/19

3 Date received 7/10/19

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Y

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? CPM UK Car Park Management

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Trinity Park Roadways, Birmingham

PDF_Trinity2.pdf PDF Trinity.pdf

Oh they are funny. Thanks, that's just given me a little chuckle and brightened up a damp morning. 😂

"No Parking on Access Roads / Roadways".

Sounds like the driver was trespassing to me - there was no offer to park there so no charge can be due.

It also looks like this was a spy in a car, not ANPR.

What is the time lapse between the two photos?

Less than 10 minutes and the driver had got out to read signs because the font & terms were waaay too small to read when driving past at 30mph.

More than 10 minutes and they would have to explain their failure to mitigate if it ever came to court (which they would be silly to try) i.e. why didn't Perry Mason in their vehicle get out and say "Excuse me guv, you can't park here"?

Can you supply us with a streetview link to the exact location?

Also photos of signs in preparation for the future - get them now before they change!

For now, do nothing (other than evidence gathering and reading up on other threads to get a good understanding).

Don't bother with their silly charade of an appeal or engage in letter tennis.

Wait until you receive a letter before claim in line with pre-action protocol, then come back here and we'll help you tear them a new one.

pdf only please

images posted directly to screen removed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good idea.

• Photos of entrance to land showing any signs that you can see from the public road (i.e. what do they offer before you decide if you want to enter the private land or not)
  • Photos of the nearest sign to where you parked (inc close-up so we can read)
  • Photos of any other signs that you will have passed if different. (inc close-up)
  • Photos of their agent parked in contravention of their own terms

Then make a little map of the area to show what route you took and where the signs are.

Btw - what were the times between 1st and 2nd photo, I couldn't read them?

Def spycar

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

now that doesnt matter as the law will demand that the company uses the CoP UNLESS they can show that their system is better than the CoP..

Turning up at court and stating that they dont care about such things or they dont count because they belong to a cheaper trade assoc that has rules you dont have to stick to will not win them any friends.

the bit about no parking is usually  a killer for the parking co, they need to offer you terms that allow parking so you can then breach then, there is no offer to park so no breach.

i cant send you a bill  that says you owe me £20 for reading the letter demanding the money- no offer to consider then either accept or reject. same here, no genuine offer of PARKING terms

give us the postcode so we can have a gander on googlespy

• Like 1

Hi, I have almost the exact contentious charge, but for a different day (couple months earlier) and time span, but otherwise same spot with an onboard spycam (I'm thinking these are 'resident' taxi drivers with dashcams doing their bidding for a fee). Anyway if you want to see more pics, streetview and overview, I have them on my thread!

Here's the link:

with my initial pdf cluster of docs:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=33459

I happen to be about to leave for London (finally) and will drive up to Birmingham to the area as a detour to take more photos including the sign (hopefully not incurring another 'invoice' on the way). I am going to photograph the entrance from the roudabout and signs etc, however this will be trciky as it will be to stop and I hope to get there before it is too dark. Otherwise I might try again on my way back on Monday, but it is more likely to be at night at that point.

I'll post these on my thread in due course and will post the link back here for good measure

On the note of it being tricky to stop I was thinking to do a phone video mounted on my dash, at least for a 1st round, would that be admissable in a court for these type of cases?

Will be leaving in 5 mins

Sorry for  late reply. 

Yes, happy to pool resources. I’ll be passing there sometime next week to take some pics.

The girlfriend will drop me off so I can get some decent pics with my long lens. Hopefully the weasel will be there, too.

Did you manage to get anything yesterday??

Ignore until a Letter Before Action, would be good to post up pdf of stills of the signage so we can zoom in on the small print, as that is where they trip themselves up.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!