Used brothers 16+ oyster for a month - TfL Fare prosecution **RESOLVED NOTHING TO PAY**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you don’t get a conviction before travelling to the USA then your pending case isn’t a bar: When applying for an ESTA / visa waiver they ask if you have ever

a) been arrested, or

b) been convicted.

An arrest can be viewed negatively by them, despite in the U.K. “innocent until proven guilty”. However it sounds like you haven’t been arrested and don’t have a conviction (at least, not yet!)

It doesn’t mean you can’t travel, but an arrest or conviction MIGHT lead to refusal of an ESTA or ineligibility for visa waiver, in which case someone would require a visa to travel to the USA.

If arrested or convicted, definitely apply for the visa. If granted you are in a much better position  than “chancing it”. Getting caught fibbing on immigration documents will be an automatic deportation, and likely a period of ineligibility for a number of years : whereas if you declare a minor conviction (or arrest) you are likely to get a visa!

Edited by BazzaS

• 2 months later...

Hi it’s been a while, I received my court papers for the 20th of February 

They said I’m being charged for the following 

offence 1: public service vehicle - passenger use travel mandate issued for another personal 

contrary to regulation 7(1)(b) of the public service vehicles regulations 1990 and the section 25 of the public passenger vehicles act 1981

there are numerous SJP like threads here I think they were ref'd before

as it was last oct , won't hurt to send another pleading letter.

as for the SJP notification, I think its been concluded to plead guilty and attend anyway ...

have the other uses been listed as TIC?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

2 hours ago, dx100uk said:

as for the SJP notification, I think its been concluded to plead guilty and attend anyway ...

How do you attend a SJP?

SJP = single justice, dealing with case on the papers only, no hearing to attend.

I suspect that rejecting the SJP and insisting on a full Magistrates Court hearing your cam attend would negate any benefit from appearing in person.  

Edited by BazzaS

You get (/ got) credit for appearing in court and expressing your contrition.

The SJP (Single Justice Procedure) is intended to relieve the burden on the courts of hearing simple cases, streamlining things so the courts can hear the more complex cases.

A defendant might find that any benefit from appearing in person gets negated by the bench thinking “why has this person insisted the full bench has to spend time hearing this, when the SJP would have had allowed this to be dealt with by a single justice, ‘on the papers’ only. The defendant has added to the court’s costs and time ......”

SJP: single justice (magistrate) , no appearance in person.

Insist on a court hearing where you can appear in person: bench of 3 magistrates (or a District Judge) and an actual court hearing.

Edited by BazzaS
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry the other uses weren’t listed just that one day , I’m not sure who to send a letter to 

Also I don’t know whether it’s worth mentioning that I included a bank statement for the last month of daily payments made to TfL as I’m still in school.

Also my uni that I want to go to does background checks for my course so I mentioned that.

The letter didn’t state anything along that isn’t enough mitigation

should I call the IAp or email them?

send a new begging letter to where you sent the org one.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

and?

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry it’s been a while.

I went to court and changed my plea to guilty and told them I was sorry etc I was begging .

The TfL prosecutor was like technically you’re entitled to a 16+ Oyster card and as you had just turnt 18

I’ll have to check with my boss if we need to further prosecute you.

Exchanged some emails and they ended up not taking it further.

I didn’t have to pay a penny and I have no record.

Thank you for all the help !

• Thanks 1

• dx100uk changed the title to Used brothers 16+ oyster for a month - TfL Fare prosecution **RESOLVED NOTHING TO PAY**