Harveys "Sold as Seen" i have no rights? HELP PLEASE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well part of the point of recording your conversations was to get it on record that they were denying you your statutory rights. The other very useful piece of evidence would have been to have it recorded that you had told them that it was faulty and that they were accepting it back on that basis.

At least you have got a recording that they have agreed to take it back. It might be helpful if you phone them again and asked them to confirm if you should return your faulty sofa to the front door or through some other entrance.

Also, you don't seem to have read my previous thread where I mentioned that it might be unwise to let them see you videoing them because they might start to get defensive. You will have to play it by ear but be careful of antagonising them but on the other hand it's very important that they're not able to say that you returned the sofa in a bad condition.

If it was clear that they were accepting it back on the basis of it being faulty then you could be forgiven a certain amount of damage to it. On the other hand if they are accepting it back as a gesture of goodwill and they haven't put their hands up to it being faulty then they are entitled to expect it back in the condition in which they sold it to you. This leaves you vulnerable.

If I were you I would take videos of it wobbling and any other damage you can discover before you take it back.

I will take all the video's and photos and package it for the return, I will audio record them with my phone in my pocket as the easiest way, I need to call them in a bit anyway so I will get them to confirm they are accepting the return as it's faulty as you said. I did also take all photos and videos when I got it home on Saturday which are time stamped so if needed I can prove condition is the same as when I collected it

Yes, I wouldn't express it in the way that you have. Simply referred to it in passing as "the faulty sofa". If you say anything which asked them to confirm that they are receiving as faulty then it may make them sit up and get defensive. I'm afraid that that should have been done before. Now just refer to it casually as "the faulty sofa"

If there are any disputes or changes of mind as to returning it, then say to them that they've already agreed and in fact you put arrangements in hand and that it has been collected and is due to be delivered tomorrow. You have relied on what they said and it's now too late to bring it back.

It's terrible having to plot and scheme like this

Oh i'm taking it back tonight, there will be no delay in that it's being picked up and delivered to them before the store closes and they've agreed to that :) ok i'll mention it casually