• Tweets

• I work as a medical secretary in our local General Hospital.  I've been in the same department for 6 years, 5 as bank staff and 1 year as permanent, my contract is for 18.5 hours, which I do over four days with a short day on Friday; I'm the only secretary in the unit.  Since Covid I've been working from home (which the hospital has encouraged staff to do) but go into the department on one day per week.  A few weeks ago I was logged on and ready to work when I got a call from my manager at about 11 30 a.m. to say there would be no letters to do that day, so I could either owe them the time or take it as holiday. My question is if I'm ready to work according to my contract, but there is no work, should I have to "owe" the hours or use my holiday with an unexpected (and unasked for) day off.  While no the question was left up in the air when this happened it has now arisen again because I did an extra day last week and I hoped to get TOIL on my birthday next week but have now been told I should use that extra day to cover the day when there was no work for me. Due to the extra work everyone in the NHS has done due to Covid I don't really want to make a big thing of this - I love working with my colleagues in the department - but I would like to know whether my boss is correct that I have to make the time up.  I was ready to work; is it my fault if there wasn't enough for me to do that day? 
    • From what i have read on this forum... i wouldn't mention the planning permission or anpr cam. Gives them ideas.. 
    • investigating the assignment is not needed.   there is no agreement there just pages of T&C that can be downloaded from anywhere including this site or hoists filing cabinet. for those to BE a compliant Agreement there must be an online signup box with a tick in it there also needs to be your printed name and  the time and date  and the IP address of the PC used. these are fatal to their claim   there is NO DEFAULT NOTICE, that is FATAL to their claim.   plenty of examples of a defendants (your) WS's here already with exactly the above problems re T&C's and DN.   the above is what you want you've already sent your defence, it was wrong. not SB'd. so get a WS together that encompasses the above and rips their crap paperwork apart and point to how important the lack of Default notice is to enforcement.
    • Many car dealers have multiple company’s and partnerships. Buy their stock using one company name, so all their cars have auction invoices in that name etc. Then sell the cars using another, different company name. The aggrieved buyer ‘wins’ court case and gets judgement against them/CCJ, pays for the bailiffs to go in, bailiffs find all the stock belongs to a different company than the one on the CCJ. And you are pretty much dead in the water.   I know this because I personally know others who do it themselves. Also, this exact thing happened to me. I left a car (that was worth several thousand pounds at trade price alone) at a largish garage for repair. Never saw the car again, with the scenario in the paragraph above as the rest of the tale.   The ‘people’ behind this place in Burnley do this kind of thing in their sleep. It’s an effective business model for them. The CRA 2015 sounds great when read. But in practice all one has to do is wind the company up and set another up using your wife’s name etc. and you are home free. A licence to rip people off. I remember in ‘15 reading the CRA and everyone ringing each other complaining how strict it was etc. Looking back I can’t believe it!   I just can’t believe folk give these people tens of thousands of pounds before checking them out properly. Many garages write their own AT reviews. I despise scumbags in the motor trade because I am lumped in their with them.    Sorry OP, you should follow Bankfodders excellent advice but I have been down that road myself with the results I described. I guess it’s all you can do? Good luck 🤞     
    • What do you guys think of below? Do I need to add anything else?   Thanks     Hello again, kids   Lesson time!   Thanks for wasting your pennies and sending me letter before claim. I understand you think I owe you something. Looking forward to playing this game. Guess who will win?   You can forget to think I have any interest to pay the imaginary sum of £100 for your poor explanation behind the ludicrous claim.   I hope you are aware that you do not even have planning permission for the poor signage on this site and the silly ANPR camera.   Looking forward to hearing from you no more.   Best wishes   Santa
  • Our picks

PRA Group chasing old Aqua card debt

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 420 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

In the past couple of months I've had several phone calls from PRA Group (I've let them all go to voicemail) and also a few emails chasing a debt for Progressive Credit Limited.

I believe the debt relates to an old Aqua credit card.

It has definitely been over 6 years since I first defaulted

it no longer shows on my credit file (it showed previously but came off around April / May this year). 

The last email was an offer to reduce the debt from £1200 down to £400 if I make payment within the next 2 weeks.

Shall I just ignore them as the debt is now statute barred?

Thanks for any advice.

You could either ignore them or send them a statute barred letter after which they're not allowed to take any further action on it whatsoever.

have you moved since taking this debt out?

and not informed the debt owner/original creditor.?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well with your history of court claims here you should be well aware of the pitfalls of running away from debt.

before you know it you'll have a backdoor CCJ you know nothing about

send them our statute barred letter from the debt collection section of our library

that will give them your correct address and put them in their place.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...