Miss sold home college course

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1662 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you.

Now that we have this information, it seems to me that they have probably satisfied the requirements for off-premises contracts by supplying you with information including to a description of what you are receiving, the price, the length of time of your commitment and also your cancellation rights.

Before you had posted the agreement, I was hoping that they had not described the service that you are receiving and that they had not actually stated the price on the contract. I suppose it would have been surprising if they had missed this stuff out – it was an outside chance.

I'm afraid that I think you are in a very difficult position. This is certainly not subject to scrutiny by the ombudsman – and even if it was, I expect that the ombudsman would find against you. The ombudsman is pretty limp wristed and conservative anyway.

I'm afraid I think that you've been rushed into an expensive contract which is going to last a considerable period of time. If you wanted to stop the course then of course you could and you could also refused to pay any further money but I am sure that they will leap into debt collection mode and you will be harassed with letters and threats and for this kind of money I expect that they would very quickly take you to the County Court. I imagine that they have a mechanism all set up to do this because I expect that there are lots of other people in your position who sign in haste and then repent at leisure and try to stop the payments – or maybe simply find themselves unable to keep them up and then find themselves on the wrong end of the County Court action which they lose.

Frankly I think it's a very nasty business.

Your only slight hope might have been to say that as you failed the colourblind test, that you weren't suited for the course. Unfortunately you have let them take this away. You could send them an SAR and hope may be to get a copy of it within 30 days – but even then it's a very slender hope. You would have to get hold of the NVQ awarding body for this kind of electrical qualification to confirm that your colourblind situation made you unfit for this kind of work.

You could also claim that you made it clear at the time that you are under medication and you are ill – but of course it would be your word against theirs.

I think £180 a month is a lot of money for anybody to take on and I'm sure it must be a very bitter feeling having initially decided to set about the qualification which could hopefully and you money only to realise later on that you have fallen for a slick marketing approach.

Have you ever worked as an electrician? The only thing I can suggest is that you try and deal with the course and gradually take control of it and get whatever qualification it promises. I'm afraid the alternative is going to be a load of hassle and a load of trouble. The best you might expect from a County Court judgement would be to have a more manageable instalment scheme if you could persuade a judge that your income was insufficient to meet the contractual instalments were £180 a month - although in that case, you would have the judgement, you would still have to pay and you wouldn't have the benefit of the course.

could i call the finance company themselves and explain what has happened? or is that no use either? 

maybe ill get the eye test done so i have proof, its not hard for me to get my doctors proof of being on medication at that time either

i feel like ive been robbed, i just wish i never went through with it now :(

I think your feelings about this are entirely justified. I'm afraid that I don't think calling the finance company will do any good at all. Try if you want but I expect that you will simply feel angry and humiliated.

If you want you could call the NVQ people who certify this qualification and find out whether your colourblindness would be an impediment to working as an electrician. You then have to get a copy of the test paper and demonstrate that you had failed it – and that might give you a chance. We would be pleased to help you.

However, I doubt whether you will be able to make any headway on any of this. I think you are faced with the difficult decision as to whether to simply stop paying the loan instalments – but I've already outlined what will happen if you do.

I'm afraid that if a judgement is obtained against you then there are chances that you could find a bailiff at your door and I think that would be extremely unpleasant for you and your family.

I really don't know what to suggest. I'm sorry

thank you for all of your advice, you've been very helpfull

monday morning i will call the nvq people to check if being colourblind affects me being an electirician

if they say yes, that i could not become an electrician, would i have a leg to stand on?

the problem is proving that i failed that test he gave me :(

feel like im going round in circles, basically being robbed of 7600 pound and theres nothing i can do about it 

As they are very insistent in one of the documents that you have to fulfil various requirements, it seems to me that if you can show that one of the requirements was that you are not colourblind and that the adviser dismissed this then you would have a slim chance of cancelling the contract. However I think it will take a lot of work. In the meantime I would carry on making as much use of the course as possible. You say that you aren't up to it – but maybe if you get your head down you might go to make some headway. I'm assuming that the course is of good quality. I have no idea what it's about and it may itself be quite inadequate.

Have you looked around the Internet at other forums to see what people say about this course

this is what lead me to come here in truth, all the bad reviews on the internet...

i was not happy with my current employers which lead me to signing up to this course, hoping ill have a job id be happy with at the end of the course

the story he told me about limited spaces and he needs to make sure i was the right choice for the placement

seems to be the story that everyone gets to be honest, almost like forcing me into signing up to it or i will miss out

i think the so called finance check he done was terrible too, he didnt take all of my outgoings into account either

and it seems the company new trades career has had quite a few name changes in the past, maybe from all the complaints and court cases they have :(

Well please post up the links to any reviews sites where they are referred to.

Also, you say that they didn't check your outgoings when making an assessment for the loan. I think you would need to send an sar are to both companies and see what information they have gathered about you and then come back here.

Colour blindness is fatal to any job as an electrical engineer or installation job.

You would never be allowed to hold a sparks ticket due to ieee safety standards and regulations

Stop paying

Cancel the DD now with your bank.

From what im reading this lot have numerous complaints and judgement s against them and simply change names to avoid paying them.

I seriously doubt any finance co would go near a court.

A judge would wet himself laughing

Pers i'd ring your bank

and state you have been conned and get all you payments back under the DD guarantee.

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If it went to court the “I’m colourblind, so should never have been allowed to start the course, as the contract would be ‘frustrated’ “ argument is a strong one.

However, I’m confused as to why someone would want / allow their young child to complete a (safety critical) test for them, and can foresee a judge wanting to question that, too.

Did the salesman know your daughter was completing the test on your behalf?

(The most common ‘colour blindness’ being rare in females)

Edited by BazzaS

he was sat on my sofa next to me when i told him i think im colour blind (the reason i say think is because when i was younger i had a eye test at school and they were the ones who told me about it, but im gunna get a proper test done next week)

he was also sat on my sofa next to me when my daughter came into the living room and started to give me the answers even my other half started to get involved

at no point did he say to me that i had to do the test alone, looking back now we sorted through everything we needed to and that test was the very last thing i did before he left, thats probably why he didnt care, he got all he needed before hand

this is my point, if i was not on medication at the time of dojng this stupud course then alarm bells would have been rining from then

i just wasnt thinking at the time because i was unhappy at work and he sold me a fairy tale, everything i needed to hear i suppose

Edited by m60cka

This is all very interesting information but please don't do anything until you get a follow reply tomorrow. Please monitor this thread for tomorrow

Registered GREEN 360 LIMITED 04/05/2015
Trading New Trades Career 20/12/2017

Ian Morris

was Michael Psaila and his wife Sharon

the shear number of companies involving these three is somewhat astounding: 

Registered GREEN 360 LIMITED 04/05/2015
Trading New Trades Career 20/12/2017

Principal place of business

Address:
Unit 1 Abloy House Hatters Lane Watford Hertfordshire WD18 8AJ UNITED KINGDOM
Phone: +44 08081646260
Fax: +44 
Controlled Functions
Firm Name
Start Date
End Date
Restriction
Suspension / Restriction Start Date
Suspension / Restriction End Date
CF1 Director GREEN 360 LIMITED 25/09/2015 05/09/2017      
CF1 Director ECO Deal Limited 29/05/2015 20/09/2016      
CF11 Money Laundering Reporting ECO Deal Limited

Name  Insurance Distribution  Tied Agent  EEA Tied Agent  Firm reference number Effective From Effective To
DIRECT SAVINGS LTD No No No 713181 7/8/2015 7/8/2015
ECLIPSE RENEWABLE ENERGY LTD No No No 710007 13/7/2015 30/7/2015
GREEN DEAL ASSIST No No No 713183 7/8/2015 7/8/2015
Green Deal Contracts Limited No No No 713184 7/8/2015 7/8/2015
GREEN DEAL SOLUTIONS LEICESTER LIMITED No No No 710273 15/7/2015 30/7/2015
Green Home Insulations LTD No No No 712644 3/8/2015 3/8/2015
Green Pulse Energy Ltd No No No 712307 31/7/2015 2/8/2015
Greener Industries (UK) Ltd No No No 712790 4/8/2015 5/8/2015
Greener Skies UK No No No 712613 3/8/2015 3/8/2015
Greener Skies UK No No No 712613 4/8/2015 5/8/2015
Innoza Limited No No No 714030 17/8/2015 17/8/2015
JJS Green Solutions Ltd No No No 713355 10/8/2015 24/3/2016
Mission & Vision Consultancy No No No 711293 24/7/2015 30/7/2015
Morbi Heating Ltd No No No 712791 4/8/2015 5/8/2015
Mullden energy Ltd No No No 711292 24/7/2015 30/7/2015
ORIGIN UK ENERGY SERVICES LIMITED No No No 712328 31/7/2015 2/8/2015
Scotia sales solutions ltd No No No 710017 13/7/2015 30/7/2015
Solar Serve Ltd No No No 712792 4/8/2015 5/8/2015
The Training Company (UK) LTD No No No 710076 13/7/2015 30/7/2015
Warm House Solutions Limited No No No 713182 7/8/2015 7/8/2015

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

wow... i knew of 4 but thats just a joke :(

i was doing some research on being colourblind in the electrics trade, doesnt look to good according to google

Electrical Apprentices Need To Pass A Colour Blindness Test

If you are looking to register on an apprenticeship scheme there is a colour blindness test that you must pass in order to proceed. This does not apply however, if you are self-funding your training and simply taking your Tech Certs such as the C&G 2365 courses or training as a domestic installer

plus what is a  'Full Scope Electrician'

been in that trade over 40yrs never heard of such nor an NVQ of such

anyway 

more bombshells coming...give me 20mins

and they

Menage Pantano Limited

Address:
Innovation House  
39 Mark Road   
Hemel Hempstead Industrial Estate     
Hemel Hempstead   
Hertfordshire   
HP2 7DN   
UNITED KINGDOM 
Phone:   +44 08081699841 
Email:   [email protected] 
website www.newtradescareer.co.uk

Caledonian Consumer Finance Ltd

Address:
3/1 The Skypark, 14 Elliot Place

Glasgow 

Lanarkshire 
G3 8EP 
UNITED KINGDOM 
Phone: 
44 7825689119 
Fax: 
+44  
Email: 
[email protected] 

Individual reference number 
Status
Stephen Dowdells
SXD02253
Active

is responsible for the appointed representatives regulated activities. 

Controlled Functions
Firm Name

CF1 Director
Credit Expert Ltd
04/03/2019

CF1 Director
21/07/2016

CF11 Money Laundering Reporting
21/07/2016

Craig Murray
CXM02538
Active

Controlled Functions
Firm Name

CF1 Director
Credit Expert Ltd
04/03/2019

CF1 Director
Career Finance 4 Trade Skills Limited
15/06/2017

CF1 Director
21/07/2016

CF11 Money Laundering Reporting
Career Development Finance Limited
14/02/2017

and of course the like emails/websites 

Gaynor Bulloch pops up alot too.

all the above is in the public domain.

hopefully our other experts will pop in soon.

dx

and they

I've been having a serious think about this overnight and once again I have to say that I don't know what to advise you.

On the basis of what you have reported here, it would seem that your colourblindness doesn't necessarily exclude you from this particular course that they are selling to you. As far as I can make out they are not selling you a course with a recognised qualification. It's simply a course with a level of achievement which possibly has been designed by the course provider. I'm not aware of any laws or regulations which prevent them from doing this.

In terms of your contracts, because the finance has been made by way of a loan, technically speaking this means that the money has already been paid over to the course provider so that even if you stop the course, you still owe the money to the finance company. I get the impression that the course provider and the finance company are rather closely linked and it is possible that it is designed that way to separate their liabilities in case something goes wrong for them. As far as I can see that is certainly the effect of it anyway.

The one thing I don't understand is why they seem to say that if you stop the loan repayments then the course also stops. I suppose this is meant to be the stick or carrot to keep you paying.

I've already set out what might happen if you default on the loan. You eventually would have to hope that a county court judge would give you reasonable instalments – but of course they would go on for a long time and also if you defaulted on instalments then things could get quite serious because as this would be a judgement for more than £600, it could be transferred for High Court enforcement. That method of enforcement is very powerful and also incurs fees up to £2000 which fall to be paid by the person earning the money.

I'm afraid there's no good news here as far as I can see and I don't know why you are taking medication but if it is anything linked to depression then I'm sure that none of this will help you.

I would certainly be interested to see links posted here from around the Internet which can give us an idea of the level of complaints that this company is receiving. I certainly agree that this idea that there are "limited places" may be part of the sales technique. I think I have seen this referred to once elsewhere on the Internet.

I'm afraid I don't know what else to say

I can appreciate the way you feel.

Keep your eyes scanned over the Internet – you might suddenly see something which could give you a clue as to solution although it's unlikely.

If you find reviews of this company or its courses on the Internet then please post links here.

Incidentally, why don't you post your story up on Money Saving Expert? You will either get confirmation of the situation or you might get some fresh ideas.

Either way, it would be very kind if you would update us here.

Post a link to this thread on MSE so that people there can see what has been discussed here.  Tell them that we suggested you take a second opinion from them

You can even post a link to your thread on MSE here so that people can see what is going on