Miss sold home college course

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1635 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody, new to this website so i am not sure if this is the correct place to post this,

around 10 weeks ago i stupidly signed up to a home college course to become an electrician,

at the time my head wasn't in the best place (was on medication for depression and anxiety, signed off work by my doctor)

I had a college adviser come to my house TWICE telling me he needed to make sure i was correct for the placement as they only give them out to hand full of people, saying the course was the best out there, take all the time you need there is no rush do it and in your own time and could cancel the course anytime blah blah blah...

He then gave me a colour blind test to do, so i told him 'i was told from secondary school test i was colour blind with red and brown' (not medically proven though), there was 20 questions to it, i managed to do around 8 questions, my 5 year old daughter finished it for me.

He then told me that test did not matter because it was for the old wiring system, "DONT WORRY ABOUT IT" he said. 

I also told him that i was on medication for what i mentioned above, he just brushed it off like i never told him.

Alarm bells should have started to ring then but like i said, my head wasn't in the correct place and to top it off im now struggling to make out the wiring pictures in the text books they have given me.

I feel like i have been lied to by this adviser just to make a quick quid ( i was caught off guard, normally im in the' its to good to be true bracket' so on a normal day i would never have gone near this)

Now i am stuck paying £180 per month for 40 months for a course i dont think im fit to do,

is there anyway i can cancel this agreement without having around a 7k debt over my head??

HELP OR ADVISE PLEEEEEASE

many thanks

Please can you tell us which company you are dealing with.

Unfortunately you have gone well beyond the 14 day cooling off period that would have allowed you to cancel this because it is an "off premises" contract.

Where is the completed colour blind test now? Was it taken away or do you still have it?

Also, do you have a copy of a contract?

hi bankfodder, i was left a copy of the loan agreement and registration form, he also never told me that it would be loan :( 

i just feel like i've been told lie after lie and now i am in a legally binding contract which i cant get out of :( 

who's the college

whos the agreement with.

have they taken any money yet?

did you fill out a DD mandate?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You haven't told us who the company is. Also, we didn't realise that you are in a loan agreement. Who's the loan with?

Are you telling us that you have no questionnaire that you completed and no copy of the contract?

ok so the company i went with is New Trades Career formally known as Green360 i think

i was lead to believe it was interest free finance that i paid monthly to company itself, it is not. It is actually an interest free 'loan' from a 3rd party called Caledonian Consumer Finance

i have already made 2 or 3 payments to them

i remember signing a direct debit form for my bank but i just assumed that it was so i could pay new trades career back, NOT a loan :( until i recieved the letter from the finance company i didnt even know it was loan :(

i definitely didn't fill out any questionnaire forms, i just remember him doing a shoddy finance check asking me what i paid out per month

as for a contract the only paper work i have from them is

a copy of a loan agreement by the cunsumer act

a copy of the registration for the college

a privacy policy/cookie policy

and a posted letter from the finance company about my account being up and running

Thank you, please would you scan them into PDF format and post them up here. Redact them slightly so we can't see who you are or a reference number.

You told us that you did fill out a questionnaire and that you only scored eight and that your five year old daughter had to finish the rest.

the test i half filled out was a colour blind test, i could only do around 8 out of 20 i think

which is when i advised him that when i was younger, i wad told i was colour blind with red and brown 

but the advisor told me not to worry about it because it was for the old wiring system, 

this was posted

this was posted

this was posted

One multipage pdf only please

Read upload

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

would it be better to take this up with a financial obudsman? i dont even want them to refund my money, i just want to stop the course as i feel ive been lied to and slightly mislead😔 im gutted 

The best thing for you to do would be to help us to give you some proper advice by posting up the documents that you have received as has been requested.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

bankfodder i havent got a clue how to post images up on a multipage otherwise i would post them

andyorch, that link just takes me to there website or am i missing something?? thanks

If you don't have a scanner then if you have an android phone, use this Adobe app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.scan.android&gl=FR

If you are using an iPhone then I expect that they have the same app on the Apple App Store.

We are sorry to put you to this trouble – but we give extremely good advice here completely free of charge and the only thing we require is that people are able to use the technology and to be able to provide us with documents and other information we ask for.

You can get a perfectly good scanner from PC World for about 50 quid which will allow you to post up documents to us very easily and also you will have it for years. It's a great investment

read upload use officelens

its all in the guide it tells you to do

and they

Thank you. That's a bit better.

So if I understand correctly, you were visited on two occasions by a salesman and on the second visit you agreed to take the course and you are provided with the registration document which is the one with the cancellation notice at the bottom.

All the rest of the documents were supplied later on by Caledonian. Is this correct?

Did you sign anything? Also, once again where is the test paper which you completed? I've asked you this at least twice and you haven't come up with any answers yet.

I think that you are in a pretty tight spot but I do see a glimmer of hope that you will probably end up having to bring a small claim in the County Court. Are you up to this?

Incidentally, you referred in an earlier post to the possibility of going to the ombudsman. I'm afraid the situation is not suitable for that. You are effectively involved in two contracts. One for the course and one for the finance. The finance agreement is subject to scrutiny by the ombudsman – but there are no questions over the finance agreement – at the moment.

The big? Is hanging over the agreement for the course. That is not a finance agreement. New Trades Career are not supplying any finance here and they aren't regulated by the FCA and they are not subject to ombudsman

I've also looked again at the documents. They are rather difficult to follow. I suddenly realised that you actually haven't posted them in a correct order.

I hope you won't be offended if I say to you that this is extremely unfair to us. I think it is reasonable to ask you to present the documents to us in the way that you would like them presented to you if you are being asked to provide free help and advice to somebody.

Please could you set them out again – in correct order – straight, not blurred. Check the images first so that you are certain that you are able to read them and then you can be sure that they are in a decent condition.

And in fact one of the documents which you have posted – long the cancellation notice – is not a finance document at all and didn't come from Caledonian – did it???

ok so the colour blind test i had done, the sales person took it with him :( i have no copy of it.

yes i did sign the loan agreement sadly, rushing into it, i thought it was for the finance for new trades career, not a loan

as for the agreement for the course i do have that but i cant show  the front of it because all my personal details are on it

and yes if i had to take it to a small claims court i would happily do that

what if i had medical proof at the time i signed the contract that i wasnt in a fit state of mind to sign any contract maybe??  would that not help me?

the problem with all the lies he told me is i have no proof :(

im going to try and sort the paper work out in a better way now for you, sorry

Thank you. I'm afraid that the agreement is extremely important and we need to see it. You will have to do redact it. I suggest that you cover the personal details and then scan it to us.