Geestra

Hoist/Rway PAPLOC - OH's Barclaycard - CCA request

Hello,

I am enquiring on behalf of my partner and would appreciate your help.

She opened a Barclaycard account on 02/12/2015.

My partner made a couple of payments, missed a couple then made a couple and by October 2016, had missed 6 consecutive payments.

Her last payment was April 2016.

This is according to her Experian report and sounds about right.

The account shows as Date Settled 24/02/2017 and then Hoist Portfolio Holdings took it over on this date.

My partner doesn’t remember receiving any letters from Hoist Portfolio Holdings but she is extremely disorganised and stressed with other issues so may well have done.

The balance is £1,556.00.

On 17/08/2019, my partner received a Letter of Claim from Howard Cohen & Co. Solicitors on behalf of Hoist Portfolio Holdings.

My partner followed the instructions in “The Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims” post on this site but forgot to get a £1 Postal Order and attach it to the CCA request when she sent it off with the completed Letter of Claim on 17/09/2019.

She also sent the Letter of Claim (downloaded from this website) to the address on the back of the letter she received which was for Hoist Portfolio Holdings agent, Robinson Way and not to the solicitors.

She was worried she messed up here as the CAG post says to post it to the solicitors but she said she froze when she got to the Post Office and also forgot to do this.

This morning i.e. 04/10/2019, my partner received a letter from Robinson Way dated 28/09/2019.

This letter in essence says that they have noted my partner’s response to the Pre-Action Protocol pack and have requested the documents she requested in her letter.

Once they have these, they will provide them to her and until then her account is on hold.

If they are able to provide copies of the documents requested, the account will be placed on further hold to allow her to contact them.

My question is,

should my partner write to Robinson Way again with another CCA request and this time, ensure she attaches a Postal Order for £1??!!

If yes, she will do this immediately.

If not, is there a time limit for Robinson Way to respond to her CCA request as well as the other documents e.g. Default Notice, statements etc?

Many thanks for your time,

Gee

nothing needs doing

let them sweat.

comeback if/when they have a CCA return

scan it all up to ONE multipage pdf

read upload

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thanks very much dx 

Hi Geestra,

If no fee was enclosed with the CCA request YP sent, I suggest YP send another CCA request with the fee.

😎

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)