Xercise4Less

Kazoks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Registered to my local gym at 23rd of August online,

went there for a few times ,

it was a monthly plan of 19.99 and first month being 9.99.

Got hit with the first payment at 6th of september,

time goes by i thought my next one is coming on october 6th,

but they decided to attempt a charge of 20pounds on 23rd of September (september again)

i havent had money on my bank at the moment,

i received a letter that i owe the months cost of a gym  and additional 25pounds of administration fee and they told me i have time till 3rd of october as they will attempt charge again, 

i felt a bit scared to ring them about the issue, delayed till the last second,

yesterday cancelled the direct debit to the gym so they cant charge cause it felt a bit unfair how a single random missed payment costs more then an actual membership for a month itself,

now i knew im getting into trouble

i decided to call them to see if i can do something,

but the girl on phone didnt tell anything new and i was tired , scared and unable to think of something that would help me in this situation

ended up listening to the same stuff again abd again ,

appears ive got about two weeks now till they add another 25 to the sum which sits at 70 now ,

any advice. Im not originally from UK by the way if that matters somehow

I'm very sorry but when you post your story in a solid block of text without any spacing or for punctuation, it makes it very difficult for people to follow and discourages them from giving you the help that you need.

Please would you mind editing or reposting your story and that will be helpful to everybody.

Thank you

• Thanks 1

post 1 spaced.

do you want to continue there

or can you go elsewhere not linked to the harlands group.

the extra penalty fees are unlawfully and you don't have to pay them no.

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

can you go elsewhere or do you wish to continue with that gym?

no-one has any powers to do anything

and gym debts don't appear on credit files

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Kazoks and welcome to CAG

Please use spacing in future posts and thanks to DX for sorting it for you this time.

Harlands/CRS take every opportunity to charge their admin fees - it earns them far more than taking a small % of each month's fee.

Don't speak to anyone by phone any more - it's a waste of time.

If you DO want to continue with this gym, you'll have to pay the admin fees as well as the gym fees. But I suggest you make no further contact with the gym and Harlands/CRS  for now.

Your reason for not paying or talking to Harlands/CRS is that they tried to charge an unlawful admin fee.

So just ignore Harlands/CRS and their increasing demands for now. Maybe look for a new gym instead but one that you can afford and you know the DD date they'll use.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

That gym is just really close to me , but if theyre up to this kind of thing i dont want to get involved anymore,

so canceling debit credit and ignoring them should work just fine? even though i still owe them for a month?  Do they ever stop adding their imaginary charges every few weeks?

dont wanna get in any trouble after twenty years just cause i ignored this when i was 20y/o 

We advise people to ignore the demands from Harlands/CRS based on our experience of dealing with gyms complaints for more than 10 years.

Once Harlands/CRS realise you are not scared by their demands, they will move on to someone else.

Keep us updated ...............

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)