• Tweets

• Defence submitted. On my clear score report there doesn't seem to be any date of default noted, nor can I see where that might appear. When they responded to my CCA and CPR requests they didn't give me a default date either. So, what happens now? Is it likely that I'll actually have to go to court over this?
    • Hi Andy, thanks for the reply. I guess I will need to get copies of the agreement to check that, which may take some time.   What do you suggest I should I do in the interim, as I'm conscious the clock is ticking on needing to AOS?
    • Hi everyone    ive had a card in an envelope hand delivered today from Resolvecall asking me to contact them urgently.   i want to ignore it but I’m not sure that’s the best thing to do?   i had some issues some years ago which have now all been resolved to my knowledge. Anything that I may have overlooked will be way over 6 years, I now have a very healthy credit rating with nothing on any of my credit files.   I have no idea what these people want and this is the 1st contact.    can someone point me in the direction?   thanks    mike 
    • I've been reading up on cases, especially the HSBC vs. Carey. Am I missing something?  It appears to be the conclusion that the decisions in this case meant that regardless of what date  credit agreements were entered into, a claimant no longer needs to produce a signed copy - or even original copy.  It appears that a reconstituted copy of agreement is acceptable by a court and any judge that seems to be swaying towards using it as a reason to find against a claimant could easily be reminded or prompted by their solicitor.  How do I defend my case to be any different?  It will clearly be a case of :   It looks like you probably had a credit card. They've produced a copy of original agreement and added your name and address - so that's good to go. They've got a statement showing a balance outstanding. Therefore, game up - why are you even bothering to defend?     I am working on my "Formal defence"    Can I just ask for some "bullet points"   So far - my main arguments will be that the requested "credit agreement" is not a credit agreement - it is a barely legible application form - which does not bear any account numbers which correspond with the statements produced by the claimant nor match the agreement number included in the original claim (POC).  Secondly, as helpfully highlighted by DX, their WS is relying on a screenshot of "the claimant's predecessors system screen" to show that a default notice was issued on 08/06/2010; clearly there is no copy of said Default notice. Other items I have up my sleeve - should I include? - are the discrepancy in the amounts owing between the Assignment notices - Lloyds stating a figure in excess of £6k (dated 29/6/19) and a letter from Hoist informing me of this assignment but stating an outstanding amount of £4.5k (the amount of the claim).  Clearly, the lack of reference numbers - i.e. their claim does not match the 16 digit credit card number shown on the numerous statements they have included in their WS. And do not match a number shown on the blurry application form. Also, the application form is dated 1998, the first statement they provide is 2010 - can I use this gap/lack of evidence in my favour? I notice on my "illegible" application form there was a reference to "credit card payments insurance" (I assume this is PPI) - during my research, I'm sure I read that any t&c provided should also include this - I notice their seven added pages make no reference to PPI - which even if I didn't take it out would surely have been needed to be included?   So - just to summarise - is it the "poor quality credit agreement"; the fact that they haven't even declared that they are producing reconstituted copies of t&c and the lack of default notice having been issued - well lack of copy?   On the flip side - where do I stand in terms of the payments I was making - allegedly to this account - via Robinson Way? Is that a case of acting dumb/naive?   Thanks very much everyone.   Barafear.    
    • it sometimes takes a good while for all related entries to be removed.   dx
  • Our picks

johboy

would like some advice please

I booked 2 flights with Thomas cook airlines thro my debit card on 8th may for june 17th 2020 for 2 weeks has they gone bust I have asked Lloyds for charge back scheme and they told me 45 days they let me know even then they said I still might not get it back

I tried to be nice wrote letter to Ceo and complained and still I have had no luck 

when other back given money back so quickly and lady in Lloyds said to me rudely go complain to Thomas cook has she knows they not round anymore 

what can I do 

thank you

john

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I've moved your thread to our Holidays forum, people should be along to advise later.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

thank you 

Here's a link to another Thomas Cook thread, I posted a link to the CAA site about compensation.

HB

read that bout all that 

has I just just flights doesn't help me much 

been on that too has its only flight only and debit cad nothng I can do Lloyds being nasty I have wait 45 days before I hear anything even then I wont know if I get it back

And you booked the flights directly with Thomas Cook airlines? This is what the link on the CAA website says.

'For the first time, we are now able to automatically refund those customers who paid for their holiday via direct debit. If you booked directly with Thomas Cook and your flights were with Thomas Cook, you will be contacted via the email you used to make your booking to let you know that you will shortly be receiving your refund. You do not need to take any action when you receive this email. This will be paid straight into your bank account. We began the process to refund these payments on Monday 30 September and expect them to be received within 14 days of this date. Please note that this refund will not include any amount paid via another payment method other than direct debit, which would need to be claimed separately.'

HB

it was  just flights I paid to Thomas cook airlines 

wasn't direct debit it was debit card payment for flight only 

From the same link, does this apply to you?

For bookings made by payment methods other than direct debit, directly with travel agents or where flights are with another airline, the refund process will take longer owing to the numerous and complex data processing systems Thomas Cook employed across Europe.

HB

no it don't has I didn't get holiday and its debit card not direct debt 

thank you but doesn't help me 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

no hasn't wasn't going june 17th 2020